We booked this holiday via Hayes & Jarvis (flight thru Virgin Atlantic)
Fantastic holiday! We made the wise decision to upgrade our rooms from the standard doubles to the Catalonia Prestige rooms, we done a deal with the concierge and paid £140.00 (GBP) for the fortnight to upgrade
Our rooms were amazing, with baths on the balcony, room contained a large bedroom, living room with free mini bar, shower room, separate toilet, dressing area etc... You also got free use of the safe.
There was also an evening service, where the maid visited and turned down the bed! Lovely.
Free dressing down and slippers too! Nice touch
There are a variety of different swimming pools, plus of course the lovely sea, which is also great for snorkelling.
The restaurants available onsite are vast, we recommend the steak house, the food is AMAZING!!!
The reception staff were more than helpful, we had previous reviews of people moaning about the staff, but we have genuinely never met a friendlier bunch!
Trips that we would advise of are Xcaret, this is an Eco park just up the road from the Catalonia. If you're into wildlife and fun days out for couples or family, this day is a must!
Playa del Carmen is also a really nice day out, you can chill on the beach or do some shopping on 5th Avenue.
We wanted to visit Chitzen Itsa, but decided not to after we had heard that it gets a little over crowded...
We hired a car for approximately £60 for the days, and drove ourselves to Coba, another Mayan ruins site. About an hours drive (much less that Chitzen) along a very long straight motorway. With plenty of stunning Mexican villages to stop at along the way if you wish.
Within the resort that Catalonia is based in, there is a stunning marina, worth a night out down there one evening, the restaurants and food are really high quality, plus you can sit and watch the dolphins for FREE! What more could you ask for?
Would highly recommend this holiday to anyone, and I wish one day I would have the opportunity to revisit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Sea's turquoise waters can be seen from this hotel-paradise. Come and get ready to spend some unforgettable days in the heart of the Mayan Riviera, surrounded by marvelous landscapes and seductive, white sand beaches. The hotel is located in the wonderful Puerto Aventuras development. This is a tourist development which boasts a marina for yachts, a golf course, restaurants and dolphin tanks, all within easy reach of the main Mayan Riviera attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Expedia so you can book your Catalonia Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Catalonia Hotel Mexico
- Catalonia Rivera Maya
- Riviera Maya Catalonia
- Hotel Catalonia Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Riveria Maya
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort
- Catalonia Riviera Maya All Inclusive
- Catalonia Mexico