It is a small gated resort, so very safe, about 15 min. taxi ride to Playa del Carmen. I would go back to this resort. The food was excellent (for vacation in the South, I was amazed). The restaurants are all very good, we particularly enjoyed the japanese and crepe ones. The only negative point would be that they are hard to get into. You need to be in line very early in order to put your name down. Their reservation system is terrible. The room was nice, the beach small and rocky in the water, so bring water shoes, but great place to snorkel, lots of fish. That was so much fun! The marina is a short walk (5 min.) from the resort. They have dolphins there and little shops. We went on a couple of trips. We really wanted to see Chichenitza, so we did. It's amazing to see! but be aware they do take you to their friends or cousins to have you buy things. No pressure though, just their way to help someone get a bit of money. We also went to Playa del Carmen to shop and have lunch. It's a nice long main street with lots of shops, ice cream places, lunch spots, bars and a large nice beach. It was a fun day!
I would go back in a heart beat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Sea's turquoise waters can be seen from this hotel-paradise. Come and get ready to spend some unforgettable days in the heart of the Mayan Riviera, surrounded by marvelous landscapes and seductive, white sand beaches. The hotel is located in the wonderful Puerto Aventuras development. This is a tourist development which boasts a marina for yachts, a golf course, restaurants and dolphin tanks, all within easy reach of the main Mayan Riviera attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Catalonia Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Catalonia Hotel Mexico
- Catalonia Rivera Maya
- Riviera Maya Catalonia
- Hotel Catalonia Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Riveria Maya
- Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort
- Catalonia Riviera Maya All Inclusive
- Catalonia Mexico