“Wonderful Stay at Hacienda Corazon!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Lori M
Allen, Texas
“Wonderful Stay at Hacienda Corazon!”
Reviewed June 23, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Our extended family of 16 stayed at Hacienda Corazon for a family reunion. Family members traveling with us ranged in age from 12-80 years old. We had a fabulous vacation! Hacienda Corazon is in a great location on the beach with a beautiful setting. The air-conditioned bedrooms & ensuite bathrooms provided privacy for all and yet we had great common areas with living/tv room, game rooms & kitchen (all with a/c). The pool was refreshing & members of our family used the kayaks & paddle boards daily. We had all meals on the patio dining table & the sea breeze made them very comfortable. Puerto Aventuras is a quaint village & we felt safe taking daily jogs, walking on the beach or going to town for gelato. Everyone in our party gave Hacienda Corazon 5 stars.

The best part of our experience was the attentive & fantastic staff! The service we received was top-notch. The concierge, Mimi, took care of anything we needed --very easy to book airport transfers, boat trips, fishing, trips to Playa, anything through her. Mimi was so easy to work with & so very pleasant. We had all of our meals at the house & Chefs Luigi & Alfonso were great, as was Delina. The food was very fresh & delicious. We highly recommend eating all or as many of meals as possible at the house. Plenty to eat, so convenient & so very good! Jorge, the butler, was Fantastic--he kept our drinks filled, served our meals & always made sure we had everything we needed. We selected all of our meals before we arrived at the house & coordinated through Pino (exec chef) who made this very easy. The housekeeping staff were great & did personal laundry for us when asked. The groundskeepers cleaned the pool daily in the early mornings & kept the beach clean during our stay. We were so lucky to find that a sea turtle laid her eggs on our beach one night during our stay & the groundskeepers found the nest, showed it to us & marked it. Can't say enough good things about the staff & service we received. We thoroughly enjoyed our vacation & won't hesitate to return. Great vacation!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Service provided by all staff members, having full chef service, beautiful house,
Liked least: The beds were a little hard but it didn't affect my sleep
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Will F
“Perfect is a strong word. This place was perfect.”
Reviewed May 23, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Our law firm has rented villas all around the world for our retreats. We are picky and perfectionistic (but fun guys in our way).
This place rang all the bells. There is clearly good reason why it gets the ratings it does. The villa is built like a castle, cool, breezy, comfortable, and professionally decorated; it is gorgeous. It sits perfectly on its own beach, with views better than a Corona commercial.
But the best part is the large staff. Our concierge, Mimi, should teach at a concierge college of how to do it right. Everybody was happy, as busy as they wanted to be, and felt like they had found a friend. She sent us to the right places to do the right things; she was well informed, conscious of the crowd, and just plain fun, a big step above the average property manager ("there's the water cooler, call if you need anything..")
As I write this, I am trying to imagine not having a great vacation at this villa. Can't do it. (Hurricane? Small pox epidemic..?)
When you visit this place, you will write the same kind of review as this. Yeah, we liked the place..

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: This place was better than it looked in the ad.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Ryan S
Chicago, Illinois
“Guest”
Reviewed May 13, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

An amazing place with amazing hosts!! Mimi and the rest of the staff took great care of us, and made it the most memorable destination wedding I've ever been to. Memories for a life time for sure...would recommend this to anyone looking for a place to have fun, relax, and enjoy the best spot in Mexico. Wish I could give this place more than 5 stars!

Mel M
“Beyond Perfection - There Are Truly No Words To Describe Our Wedding/Vacation Experience”
Reviewed May 10, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

I have no idea how to start to write this review because, truly, there are no words that will accurately convey the level of pure perfection which translated into sheer happiness and joy experienced by myself, my now husband, our family and our friends. I had my wedding/large group vacation at Haciendas Corazon and Del Mar ... we also had Villa Nautica (down the block) and Hacienda Kukulkan (next door) as well as a private studio condo and a few rooms at the Omni/Dreams in the Marina. We had all of our guests join us at Corazon for all of our meals on a daily basis -- the staff handled it with ease thanks to the precision like planning and expert execution of Pino (head of food and beverage) and his team. We would like to specifically thank the staff for everything they did -- the food was unbelievable -- you would have though they were cooking for their own families -- I have no idea how they managed to make every meal on such a large scale so absolutely delicious, but they did and they did it with a smile. That is one well run team and they work together so well, you can tell they all genuinely care about each other and each guest. We had many meal alternatives within our gaggle of guests from gluten free, to dairy free to Kosher that Pino went ABOVE AND BEYOND to accommodate and his team was happy to execute. This wasn't just for everyday meals/snacks but they were so accommodating for the night of the wedding too, thanks to Francesca from Riviera Maya Catering (separate review for this lovely lady). Thank you to the gourmet chefs: Esme, Luigi, Alonso, Marti and their staff, Delina, Maria-Luisa, and Irlinda. Every meal was pure perfection and I especially loved the special breakfast dish from Acapulco, picaditas, I'm still dreaming of them they were amazing and everyone loved them. Each of you became like family and I will be forever in your debt for all of your hard work and pure kindness. EVERY single guest raved about the food -- this never happens. I have been to many, many all inclusives in Mexico, including one that touted themselves as having gourmet food, it was nothing in comparison to the food at the Haciendas.

We would also like to specifically thank the barstaff lead by the inimitable Jorge. What a guy! What a sense of humor and also an incredible ability to anticipate everyone's need before they even know it themselves. His team is pure perfection as well. Thank you Jorge, Cesar, Eriberto and Carlos. Everyone fell in love with each and every one of you as well. Be sure to get one of Jorge's special morning smoothies before they're gone.and if you're lactose intolerant he will make it with almond milk! The banana was my favorite ... actually they all were. THANK YOU guys so much for helping to make my wedding and everyone's trip a perfect time ...and thank you for accommodating my "mimosas with pineapple" I miss them in the mornings!

And last but certainly not least, THANK YOU to Nicholas (the owner) and his INCREDIBLE right hand gals: Marina, Lucy and the one-of-a-kind Mimi.

Marina handled our reservations and figuring out how to do an "all inclusive" package for such a big group down to the penny. She managed everyone's payments and kept track of everything with ease and truly made this experience as stress-less as possible. Marina, you are such a wonderful and kind soul, thank you for all of your hard work and tireless efforts.

Lucy -- where do I begin about my Lucy??? Poor Lucy dealt with me for over a year planning this wedding ... and I'm no so great at making decisions at times so I would tell her countless times, "well what do you think, what would you choose?" .... she made many decisions for me and I truly appreciate it -- once Saturday came around I worried about nothing. She was ontop of everything and had been since day one of our contract nearly exactly a year ago. I am going to miss our daily "What's App" calls and texts -- you are a wedding angel that floated down from heaven to help make my day special and it was absolutely PERFECT. She was organized to a tee and I would recommend her to anyone looking to have a stress-free and VERY fun, memorable wedding.

Mimi!! Mimi gets mentioned in a lot of reviews and I was lucky enough to experience her magic first-hand. Mimi really is magic. I'm not sure if she's really human or if she, like Marina and Lucy, are angels that Nicholas somehow negotiated from heaven on loan from God to help make everyone's time at the haciendas perfect. You will never meet anyone like MiMi if you are lucky enough to meet her. She is ... actually I have no words for her because she is indescribable and I will start crying again from missing her so much. She played a huge role in make my wedding and everyone's stay absolutely blissful. She works her behind off and does it with a smile. She is beautiful inside and out -- a rare gem.

We are so happy that we chose the Haciendas for our day -- I know our guests loved their stay as well. We are already planning our next trip back. My in-laws, our friends, my husband and I all literally cried when we were leaving. It was perfect, magical, wonderful, amazing and above anything I could have ever hoped for. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I can't even answer this because I can't choose one thing!
Liked least: Having to go home
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
ebepark
New York City, New York
“A fabulous private vacation for a very large group! Loved it all.”
Reviewed April 18, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Every year, I travel with a large group to Riviera Maya / Puerto Aventuras region for about a week. I can confidently say that this year's location at the Hacienda villas were the most amazing place we've stayed to date in Mexico. The site is maintained very well and we had support staff all day long - for cleaning, cooking, bartending, etc. The fact that the beach was right in our backyard along with the pools and paddleboats made it an even better experience. We will return next year for sure!

Liked best: Service
Liked least: Nothing!
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Candace L
“Unforgettable and Memorable Experience...We are coming back”
Reviewed April 15, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

I was part of a large group of 41 people that stayed comfortably at Hacienda Del Mar and Hacienda Corazon.

The pros:
*Amazing, friendly, and responsive staff - the premise was beautifully maintained. The rooms were gorgeous, outfitted with A/C, and bathrooms. The style is open and there is this unforgettable view from the front door to the pool to the beach. Mimi, who is the property manager, is a joy to work with - she was only accommodating and lovely. She went out of her way to take care of all the little details that you wouldn't normally think except. She exceeded expectations in every way possible.
*Exceptional food - it was all made with love...we had quite a few vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free eater here and they did a custom menu that offered alternatives. :)
*Awesome equipment - we took out the kayaks every day as well as the paddle boards, all of which were in great shape.
*Beautiful and spacious rooms - the bathrooms were equipped with full showers, which included this wonderful smelling honey and organic soap and shampoo.
*The staff cleaned the rooms everyday - they even folded everyone's clothes!
*Open access to the beach.
*Very close to town with many opportunities to activities.
*Again, staff was super attentive and responsive. I was organizing this trip from London and they answered at least hundreds of emails and called me to work out all the little details of the trip.

The cons: NONE.

Overall, it was superb experience and we all felt at home. We are already looking to come back again next year...!

LosGatosT...
Los Gatos, California
“Beautiful but horribly maintained”
Reviewed April 14, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

First, the good. The property is right on the beach and it is beautiful. We were there for 6 days for my daughter's wedding. We had spectacular weather and a great week with family and friends. The facility is elegantly decorated, colorful, and fantastically located on a very placid beach.

I rented their two adjacent Villas - Hacienda Corazon and Hacienda del Mar.

More good. The staff was incredible. Friendly, service oriented. Chefs, kitchen staff, butler, bartender, concierge. All great. Fantastic. I gave them all a good tip.

All in all we had a great week. Great weather. Great location. Beautiful setting. When you have all that and you’re surrounded by good friends and family and it’s your daughter’s wedding it’s high tide and all is well. But much is hidden.

Now for the bad. This is NOT a luxury resort, in spite of the super luxury pricing. While the facility is beautiful, it is very poorly maintained. Several problems -

Plumbing.
Virtually no one had any water pressure in their showers. And it was almost impossible to get the water temperature to a comfortable level. It was either scalding hot or too cold. It took literally four or five minutes to adjust the water to a temperature you might find bearable. A couple rooms had no hot water at all.

The mechanisms in the toilets are aged and in disrepair. It required a lot of handle jiggling to stop the endless running of water after a flush in my bathroom. Others reported the same issue. On the night of the wedding, in the main bathroom servicing the courtyard where the reception was being held, the toilet handle literally fell off in the hands of one of our guests. Upon inspection, it was obvious that the plastic had frayed over the years and failure was imminent. You can’t make this up.

Air Conditioning.
In several of the rooms the air-conditioning didn’t work. Very embarrassing.

Sporting equipment.
Most of the equipment was aged and tattered. The straps on the kayaks were frayed and torn and wouldn’t hold the seat backs in place. Some of the paddle boards had broken fins, rendering them inoperable on the water. Some of the paddles were aged and the handle ends were without protective covering so you risked cutting yourself on exposed metal.

In April, these Villas are priced at $25,000 USD each per week. It is inconceivable that some of that money can not make it’s way to the simple upkeep of plumbing, air conditioning and equipment.

On the day we had to check out we had to be out by 10am. Another party was coming in to occupy in four hours. I can assure you that whoever was coming in after us was going to have exactly the same experience with the facility that we did. There was nothing but a cleaning staff when we left. There was not a property manager to be found. And I am certain that the party before us experienced the same facility that we did.

So if you’re thinking of going to one of the facilities owned by these people, I would suggest that you get a personal guarantee from them on the state of the facilities and equipment. I’d also suggest withholding a percentage of the payment that can not be made until you’re back to your home and had a few days to digest your experience. These people charge a lot of money and are obviously not engaged.

And to top it off -
They presented the final bill for miscellaneous supply items on the last day and they presented the total amount in pesos. But they presented the final sum owed in US dollars. It was nearly seven thousand dollars. I keep a currency conversion application on my iPhone. The US sum was over 10% more than the prevailing currency conversion rate. I told the bill presenter that the bill was incorrect. She said that the owners charged a conversion rate of their own choosing. I told her that the owners do not get to set the currency conversion rate unless they control the international money market. Anyway, if you’re not on you’re toes they’ll rip you off for an extra 10% on your final bill just as you’re trying to get out the door and get to the airport. Caveat emptor.

And finally -
Do not under any circumstances use their wedding coordinator. There are too many complaints to catalogue, but it goes like this. Don’t buy the demo. Whatever you see in the sales cycle is not what you get. When you get there - she is AWOL, missing in action, and inept. It’s a Where’s Waldo experience. She just fades into the background and people were literally asking where she was all day long on the wedding day. And she shows up that day dressed like she’s headed to Walmart. The only persistence she showed was in having one of her assistants harass the bride all day long on her wedding day for a 1700 dollar bill for a vendor that had already been paid by wire transfer a full week before. Enough said. Huge disappointment. If you’re contemplating a wedding, let me repeat - under no circumstances should you use the wedding coordinator there.

Bottom line - Disengaged and absentee ownership. You do not get what you pay for.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location and Setting
Traveling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Apr 16, 2016
Good morning sir,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time for your comments. The owners and team are reviewing all points for action.

We are very sorry to hear that your experience here was not that of our other wedding groups and guests. We pride ourselves on giving our guests personal attention and service. Congratulations to your family, we have seen some of the wedding photos and they are truly stunning. We hope that you will return and experience the Haciendas in their splendor.

Our very best regards,
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing