“Best excursion yet....October 15th 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bleu Magic Raiatea

Bleu Magic Raiatea
St. John's, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best excursion yet....October 15th 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I have done a fair amount of travelling. Every time we go somewhere, we like to experience the country out side of the resort and hotel. We don't normally write reviews, however, this time, I have to make an exception. To be honest I barley wait to get home to do this. Seriously, one of the BEST experiences I have ever had. We have done tours, catamarans, snorkeling all before, however this time was different. The crew on board the Raiatea really made an impact on our excursion, they were absolutely fabulous. They were constantly checking on your well being, making sure you had a drink if you needed one, coming to pick up an garbage you had around, and making sure any questions you had were answered. A lot of times when we go on an excursion, we get the same kind of attention, but what made this different was that they weren't working for a tip, they were working to ensure you had the best possible experience. Their genuine concern just made us WANT to tip. The value for you money is absolutely incredible. We paid $120US each, $40 was for transportation. For the money we got a 2 and a half our boat ride in the sun sailing along the cost of the Mayan Riviera, Snorkeling on the worlds second largest reef, swimming on the most beautiful beach I have ever seen( we could walk out to our waist with not on rock or sea weed in sight) and then a tour of the beautiful Tulum ruins, which was guided.On top of all this lunch was served, buffet style and also all you can drink drinks! It was an amazing experience! It seriously made our trip everything we hoped! If the guys from the Blue Magic Raiatea are reading this, thank you so much for an amazing experience on Tuesday October 15th 2013, from your friends from Newfoundland!!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Natasha B

Irvine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“If the sun is out, you'll have a BLAST!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

My friends and I must have had bad traveler's luck...we visited Playa del Carmen in August 2013 and ended up experiencing storm after storm. The weather added to the sense of adventure on some of the excursions, but this was not one of them. Since the crew aboard the Raiatea cannot control the weather, I can't hold that against them; but I do feel like they could have prepared for it a little better. Maybe some onboard ponchos?? On the catamaran portion of the trip, most people were miserable. The rain forced everyone under the rectangular canopy for cover, where they donned their beach towels for protection from the weather. I wasn't too bothered by it, in the beginning, thanks to the tequila shots and tequila sunrises; but it did get to me after a while. Sergio kept the music playing and continued to try to keep people's spirits up, but most were just shivering and miserable. As we got closer to Tulum, the weather improved some and it was time to snorkel! The water was warm, fantastic, and full of beautiful sea life. Sergio was our snorkel guide and dove down repeatedly to show up a baby sting ray, lobsters, sea urchins, and a miraculous underwater world fitting for the 2nd largest coral reef in the world. The food served for lunch was pretty tasty! The finger sandwiches were so-so, but the ceviche and guacamole were dynamite! It was even better than some of the restaurants we ate at. Next was the Tulum tour lead by Erick. This tour blew my mind! Erick was incredibly knowledgable about the history of the Maya, and made me want to immediately dive into articles related to what he said about the Phoenicians, Egyptians, and the possible connections to the Maya. It sounds wild, but there researchers out there producing papers that support much of what was said on the tour. Tulum was alive with history and beauty. It was incredibly warm and full of "not so little" iguanas running around. Like I mentioned before, the crew couldn't control the weather; but they could have prepared a little better for it. Other than that, my friends and I had a fantastic time! Oh...TAKE DRAMAMINE BEFORE YOU GET ON THE BOAT, IF YOU GET MOTION SICKNESS! Seriously.

Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best excursion for the cost!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Our excursion costed $115 but was all day included a fabulous boat ride, snorkeling, and trip to Telum. The boat ride was very nice. The lunch was very good included chips, salsa, guacamole, pasta, and sandwiches. Drinks were all included and the staff was very friendly. Snorkeling was so much fun but I recommend if you are not use to swimming with flippers stay close to the boat and far away from the corals. Telum was beautiful and our guide was full of information. I would highly recommend this excursion!

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Day Trip to Tulum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I had a great trip on the Raiatea to Tulum last week. This day long trip starts off on a huge catamaran which has plenty of shade in the middle. And it has a huge net on the bow where you can enjoy the sunshine and the breeze. The staff was great, including Sergio, who always made sure our drinks were full and pointed out turtles in the water. Btw - the water was calm on our trip and I didn't see any travelers getting sick. And there was a photographer on board; you could buy a CD of his photos for $20USD.

We also snorkled and while we didn't see a great amount of marine life, I always love being in the water. Then we were dropped at the beach and sat at a cute beach bar for some free time getting to know some honeymooning couples.

Then on to the guided tour at the ruins of Tulum which we really enjoyed. You can't walk onto the ruins like you can in Belize, but it was still a great wonder to see. Once you get to the top, you can get some great pics with the ruins in the background and you

Make sure to have some money on you for tips by the end of the trip because your guide deserves it too. And the shuttle back - tip him too as he will have a full cooler of beer for you!

Great trip!

Visited June 2013
Grand Haven, Michigan, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Be prepared!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a LONG ride. For any of you that dont usually ride on boats....take some dramamine please before you go. It will not work if you are already sick and they will not give you any. This catamaran is huge and goes way out into the sea where you cant see much. Therefore, your scenery is the poor people who are sick that are throwing up. The captain will hand you a CLEAR plastic bag. Bring your sunblock! There is very imited shade on this boat! Bring a snack because if your expecting a great buffet lunch...think again. The ride seemed to take forever to get to the snorkeling destination where you paddle your legs off to see nothing. Maybe it was just a bad day for snorkeling....who knows. Also, the snorkels they give you are reused. They are sitting in a bucket of water from the last trip. YUK! The best part of the trip was walking around Tulum. Bring your camera and walk around front by the ocean. Great for taking pictures!!! I would not take this trip again. Not worth the money.

Visited December 2012