“Wonderful Time”

Wasabi Loco Sportfishing Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Clean boats and family friendly crews set us above the competition. Read our reviews and then book with complete confidence. Please check out our website for available boats and pricing. Thanks! See you at the docks! Rico
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband, son, and I booked a half-day trip aboard their 35' Cabo Express with Wasabi Loco on November 25th. Richard and his wife met us at the port and introduced us to the Captain CoCo (sp?) and his first mate. The boat was as nice as Richard said it would be and the air conditioned cabin was wonderful. The weather was good and fishing was great. My husband caught a 30-40 lb Wahoo and my son two Spanish mackerels. Which made them both extremely happy! This was the first fishing trip with Richard and Wasabi Loco and we will most definitely book through them again when we come back next year.

1  Thank MycornerofTexas

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Four of us had never been deep sea fishing, so during our stay in Puerto Adventures we decided to take a boat ride and try to catch some big fish. We picked a cloudy day to set out about 130p. We booked 4 hours. They loaded up the boat for us and off we went. We had bad luck catching anything but some birds and a nasty storm rolled in. We kept at it. The first mate kept us entertained and all the lines going. We thought the storm was scary at times, but we made it back safely and with stories to tell all of our friends and family back home.
We would definitely do this again. Just maybe a better day for weather. =)

1  Thank Megan N
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We booked a full day trip with Wasabi Loco aboard their 35' Cabo Express while staying in the Playa del Carmen area and had a great time. Richard met us at the port and introduced us to the captain and deck hand and filled us in on what to expect for the day. A quick walk through the boat and it was as nice as Richard had said it would be. This was the first fishing trip for my wife and I and we both had a great time. Would definitely book through Richard and Wasabi Loco again if we are looking to do a little fishing it the area again.

1  Thank CanJoJo99
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I have fished with charters throughout Mexico and Costa Rica. We both agreed that hands down this was the best outfit we have fished with to date! From our inital contact with Richard to meeting him out in front of the Resort to catch a ride to the Marina on his golf cart, his service was top notch. We booked two half day trips on his 32' Blackfin. The Captain and his deckhand worked extremely hard to put us on fish. I have never seen the baits refreshed and colors switched up as frequently as we did on Wasabi Loco. The boat and gear were all in wonderful condition. And the fishing was excellent!!! We caught a beautiful 30lb wahoo, red snapper, bonito, trigger fish, and hooked up with a nice sailfish that broke off. I look forward to booking with Richard's outfit Wasabi Loco Again. Thanks for the Bent Rods, and Top Notch Service! P.S. the ceviche was fantastic! See You Soon

1  Thank jason m
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was headed to Tulum with my family Mid July. I started looking for a fishing trip as an added bonus for something to do. I started clicking around the internet and came across Wasabi Loco. I had a good vibe about them, so I emailed Richard. Richard called me the next day, I told him what days I wanted to fish, sent a deposit, and booked the trip. Richard was very easy to deal with, and he always responded to emails and phone calls immediately.
Now the fishing, My wife, son and I arrived at the marina. We meet him and his super nice wife Vicky. Then we were off and fishing in about 10 min. About an hour into my 4 hr afternoon trip, we hooked into a huge Blue Marlin, that I fought for about 90 mins and landed. I usually don't like to keep billfish, but the marlin came up injured, so we brought him in for a photo shot.
We continued to fish. We caught dorado(Mahi Mahi) big spanish mackerel, bonito....we had a blast. We actually fished longer than we actually paid for.
The deckhand made us fresh ceviche(dorado). It was delicioso. I could go on and on. I have been ocean fishing for over 38 years, and this ranks right up there with some of the best. I highly recommend fishing with Richard at Wasabi Loco, I am glad I found them. Why would you use anyone else while in Cancun?

1  Thank Jason M