My husband and I traveled to the Aventura Spa Palace for our honeymoon and stayed there from October 10th through the 15th. Overall, we had a wonderful time and I would highly recommend this resort. Prior to booking the trip, I read tons of reviews such as these trying to figure out the best place to stay, and overall this was an excellent choice.
With our reservation, we received 1500 resort credits which was just awesome! We used up about half of our points to upgrade our room to a concierge level, which was a great decision. We got a better view, a personal concierge, a special room service menu, a special dinner (which we missed, but I bet it was good), a 25 minute massage each, and a pillow/aromatherapy menu (kind of silly- but still fun). We used up some more points on a trip to visit Tulum (cool ruins), and for a romantic spa package which included a couples massage and some other little treatments (I think it was two hours overall- pure heaven!) It’s really cool that they give you those points and we really used them up! The food and drinks are very good- they’re all included! It’s really fun to go to the restaurants and try as many appetizers and dishes as you want! And order as many drinks as you want, anytime! Needless to say, we both ate a lot and drank a lot nearly every day we were there, but hey, it was vacation! In particular, La Hacienda , the Mexican restaurant, was just delicious. From the flaming tequila guacamole, to the enchiladas with mole sauce, to the Mayan coffee at the end (don’t miss this!!), it was just great. I also really enjoyed many of the buffets for breakfast and lunch. In some of the other restaurants (like the steak restaurant and the Italian restaurant) the flavors were a little strange, but still not bad food. We also enjoyed room service fairly often, and it was good! The pool was beautiful and fun, and had a swim up bar! There is no beach, but the lagoon is pretty cool. We snorkeled one day and saw a ton of fish in there! The best thing had to be the service- the service is just impeccable. Everywhere you go they are extremely friendly and nice and quick to help you with what you need. Another cool thing is that their water is filtered, and while I still didn’t drink from the tap, I had lots of ice in my drinks and had no issues. While we were there, we also went on the monkey tour (don’t miss this, we saw monkeys in the trees!) and took a day trip to Playa Del Carmen. That was really fun, I’m so glad we did it! As a guest at a palace resort, you have access to other palace resorts, so we were able to use the beach at Playacar palace and they even held our stuff and gave us a room to shower and change in. The town is lively and the shopping is fun (be prepared to bargain) and we enjoyed some more authentic Mexican food and cervezas.
Just so you are aware, this is a time share resort and we had been warned that we might be pressured to go to one of their presentations. Having done this in the past on a vacation and wasted half of one of my vacation days, I really didn’t want to do that. However, we were never pressured at all! I don’t know if we just missed it or what, we met other people there who did the presentation (and became members!) but we avoided it completely, so I don’t think it’s a big deal. There was actually almost a hurricane while we were there, and the hotel did a great job of making us feel safe and relieving our fears. They seemed well prepared, and luckily the hurricane did not hit us and we enjoyed several more days of sunshine. The only thing that I really did not like was that on the last couple of days we were there a huge conference of people came to stay and the place became really busy. When we first arrived, the occupancy was something like 15% and the resort was quiet and calm. The occupancy then went up to more like 90% and was busy and the service quality went down. Not sure what they could have done to fix that, but it was annoying none the less.
Like I said, overall it was fantastic and I would highly recommend this resort or another palace resort for your vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico