This resort needs a major overhaul starting at the front desk! Staff need training in public relations, general courtesy and front desk customer service - ignoring what was reserved and confirmed by the hotel telling me our three rooms are not available and that it was our travel agents' fault at 12:30 in the morning after spending all day get to the resort was the last thing we needed to hear. This never did get resolved during our 10 day stay. This was just the beginning of a terrible family Christmas vacation and it went down hill from there.
Food was mediocre at best and the ala carte restaurants were certainly a big disappointment at what they class as a 4.5 star resort; breakfast was the best meal of the day. Wines were very over priced @ $90 for a white Pinot that costs $15 at best at home. I was also surprised at the way alas carte restaurant reservations we handled - you had to line up about 6 pm to see if you could get in for say the 6:30 sitting; also on a number of occasions the restaurants were closed due to staff shortages.
The resort was over-crowded and was very evident by the shortage of towels, loungers and wait staff resulting in us going to some great beach clubs having to pay for taxi, food and drinks - it was well worth it extra cost. Management did not respond to the problems we mentioned. We felt sorry for some families that had to sit on the pool edge due to the lask of amenities.
The resort credit is a real joke and trying to make use of it at the spa, extra activities, etc. resulted in a lot of frustrated guests - when u did book say a massage, you had to pay some sort of a tax which was not covered. They only had two staff members to handle the large crowds trying use there credit. I believe we spent $200. Of our $1500. credit.
Needless to say, I would not recommend this resort and certainly not the price we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de and Priceline so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico