A friend of mine had a time share here with "spa points" so we thought it would be a great 5 day getaway. From the moment we arrived we had a trip that I have only read about but never was privileged to endure the BaD hotel. We had a late flight and the front desk told us that our room wasn't ready and they were unable to locate our reservation.
It's 10pm-don't give me that nonsense. When we arrived in our room it was musty and clearly part of the hotel that was not being used on a regular basis. The next Morning when I complained that the room was unacceptable we were given an over-the-top runaround. Spent the late morning attempting to book spa appointments to no avail. And the food at breakfast and lunch made my stomach turn. It was all downhill, I can't even explain how disappointed I was in the constant lack of service. By day 3 I was online looking to book at the W or Live Aqua in Cancun.
I was greeted that evening by a manager, Carlos who listened to our concerns and we were informed that the resort was changing hands.
Bottom line-I packed up and headed to cancun where I had a lovely remaining 3 days. My friends stayed and tolerated the sub par accommodations. As far as the spa treatments went: I did try a few before I left and I found myself wondering if these people were even licensed technicians. The beach is man-made and poorly kept. The pools are in need of major maintenance. Sad-as I'm sure this resort was once a gem.
BUT the man who makes the smoothies by the gym and the spa pool is pure genius. And that was the highlight of my trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico