We just returned from a 5 day, 4 night stay at the Aventura Spa Palace. This was our first vacation out of the country and it was recommended to us by Liberty Travel. The resort itself is BEAUTIFUL and the staff is amazing. You get treated like royalty. Is absolutely amazing. We loved it. The food is great too and there is fun stuff to do at the pool and around the resort as well. Also, the spa was awesome- highly recommend it.
The only problem we had was with the vacation planners. When you stay here, you are allotted a certain amount of "resort credits" to use towards excursions, the spa, etc. We wanted to see Tulum (the Mayan ruins) and when we went to book our trip, we didn't have enough resort credits. We said that we would pay for the trip out of pocket. The vacation planners informed us that we couldn't "just go" to Tulum and we had to either go snorkeling or zip lining (both of which we had already done) but we decided to go snorkeling and see Tulum. Then, the other problem was we couldn't go on a Sunday. So we booked this excursion that cost us $280 for Monday ( our last day at the resort).
Somehow, somebody messed up and we went on the wrong excursion and we never saw Tulum. When we came back, after an ALL DAY excursion, we were informed we could take a taxi to TUlum (WHIcH WE COULd HAVE DONE ON SUNDAY!!!) and we were still charged for the excursion that we went on, even though it was not what we wanted nor was it our mistake.
So, be careful of the excursions, as I feel that they are only trying to make money off you! That was very disappointing. ,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico