We spend a week vacation with our friends at Aventura Spa. Overall experience: Fantastic.
As we were traveling in a group of 6, I get recommended to ask directly to the hotel for rooms near to each other. It was a waste of time and energies; they don't care about your special requests, we got a nasty room at first floor with lots of noise around! After an entire day asking to be changed we finally get a better room than first floor. Even the supervisor (Enrique) wasn't a help at all, he just didn't care.
Rooms. (3rd floor) were very clean, I loved the Jacuzzi! The pillows should be changed, they are flat and uncomfortable! Double sink would be appreciated.
Room service.Very appreciated and efficient. Cleaning staff was very friendly and helpful. We had no towels for three days, we only had small ones and we had to take beach towels instead. Breakfast at morning for our last day was much appreciated, hot and right on time.
Hotel Service. Everywhere always someone asking you if you need something, they were friendly, smiling and welcoming people.
Food. Was very good, a lots of variety from breakfast to dinner. Buffet, snack bar and BBQ were just amazing at lunch time (bbq chicken, steak, burgers, salads, guacamole, salsa, seafood, ceviche, paella, quesadillas, you name it). For breakfast and lunch El Greco was our favourite spot, on the terrace with an amazing ocean view. For dinner, no reservation needed, just try to arrive before 6:30pm, after that you have to wait (45min - 1hr.) I preferred the Oriental restaurant, the entrées were just exquisite! Main courses just ok. The Italian was a good one too and the service impeccable. But for all the restaurants, you have to anticipate at least two hours for the service, it could be very long. The special Caribbean buffet wasn't good at all. We got an special romantic dinner (offered by the hotel after a long story about timeshare, I will come back with that later) It was at Cove side, they reserved an special place for us, the service was fast (since the menu was planned in advance) and the food very good.
Drinks. As we don`t drink any alcohol, the waiters were very accommodating and always suggesting different mocktails. :)
Pools. Were over crowded, specially the one with the bar, just seeing all these people drinking for hours, I wasn't sure of the cleanliness of the pool. We really enjoyed the pool at Cove side, we were almost all alone and quit.
The beach. I was aware about the non-existence of a real beach, but at the end I really appreciated the lagoon a lot! The water was really clear and pleasant. You must be early in the morning to reserve your chairs, or just take the chairs until someone shows up, normally people leave their towels but never shows up!
Entertainment - A variety of activities all day long. Yoga, Spinning, Zumba, Dancing class, Climbing wall, Volleyball (beach and pool), kayak, snorkeling, ping pong, pool.
At night we attended the Michael Jackson's show and the Circus show, we were quite impressed of the quality of the show!
Hotel Spa. You just need to be flexible on your time or reserve in advance. We had an aromatherapy massage and a couple's massage, very good experience. The only thing is that you cannot ask for a special massage, ie. Lower back, head. But we really enjoyed having these services at our hotel that we paid with our Credit Resort. I also have a pedicure, it was ok.
Timeshare. After the check-in the receptionist ask us to meet some hotel representative to have information about the hotel services. LIE! He was there to convince us to attend a timeshare meeting the next day, of course he didn't mention anything about timeshare. He offers us a special dinner and a rebate for and excursion if we accepted to have a lunch with a representative and a tour to see the renovations and new rooms. After realizing that we were on a timeshare meeting, we said to the representative that we weren't interested on buying anything at this time. She call her manager ADRIAN and he was very angry of the situation, he was offensive and he treated us bad way. This was the worst experience we have lived at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico