My boyfriend and I stayed here from March 10 to March 17. I was a little nervous because I had read some of the bad reviews here, but I had no reason to be! This resort has the best service I've ever experienced. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and well kept. Even though there is no beach right on the ocean, we thoroughly enjoyed the lagoon. We went snorkeling and played beach volleyball for hours. Yes, you have to get up early to get chairs right around the main pool, but if you get up later, you will definitely find a spot on the lagoon or at some of the side pools. The day-time activities at the pools are really fun and the people who run them are hilarious and keep you laughing. The water is comfortably warm and the music is fun.
We thought that the food was excellent. The Italian restaurant was the best non-Mexican, in our opinion, but we did thoroughly enjoy the steak house too. The breakfast layout is FANTASTIC. They have everything you could want for breakfast - custom made omelets, waffles, oatmeal (i LOVED the oatmeal.. i think they put vanilla in it or something because it was delicious!), Mexican breakfast stuff, tons of delicious bacon, fresh fruit, etc. For dinner, we felt that the Mexican restaurant on the Cove side was the best. We are both lovers of Mexican food and were a little bit disappointed when we realized that the resort doesn't really spice up its Mexican food, probably for fear of scaring the tourists who are not used to spice. When we told this to our waiter, he brought us a bowl of deliciously hot habanero sauce! Yum!
We enjoyed an extremely relaxing couples massage and hydrotherapy. But we also did a lot of extra excursions while we were there: XCARET, XPLOR, and the Chichen Itza trip. We also swam with dolphins. All of these experiences were unique and wonderful and I cannot wait to go back. Yes, Xcaret and Xplor cost extra, but they were so worth it! If you are an adventure lover and don't want to spend an entire week around the pool, these activities are perfect. We were completely floored by our experience at Chichen Itza. Breathtaking.
We tipped constantly. Although our room was not cleaned by early afternoon on Monday, we called housekeeping. They came up right away and we tipped them 5 dollars. For the rest of our stay, they came and cleaned our room twice a day: once in the early afternoon and once in the evening, setting the mood for the night. We left 40 every day (4 dollars), and the housekeepers left us extra champagne and wine and chocolates... we found little surprises every day we came back to our room. It was wonderful!
I cannot stress enough how pleasant and warm all the staff were. All the employees we met at the resort and our trips to Chichen Itza and Xcaret made us fall in love with Mexico. Even when there was a hiccup, I cannot imagine letting something like a improperly cooked burger ruin our trip. We do quite a bit of traveling and are aware that things are not always going to be the way we expect them, no matter how much we pay for something. The best you can do is not let it bother you or ruin your vacation and instead look around you and realize that you are in paradise! I can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico