Sunwing flights were awful. Delay after delay both coming and going. No water on flight. Consequently, they would not serve drinks as what goes in must come out and they could not flush the toilets. Had to wait hours to get into room at resort. Could not even stretch out on lounge chairs as there were none available-as a mattter of fact, I never once was able to sit outside during the whole stay! Even in the lobby we had to sit on cement flower pots. The only times I could sit outside for the whole week was on my balcony, which had no sun. Once we were able to FINALLY get into our room, could not wait to have at least 2 hrs sleep as had not slept all night on flight only to find that the bed was dirty. Had to wait forever for housekeeping to come put clean sheets on the bed - this wasn't starting out very good and it never improved.
Every single day they would run out of beer, so I'd ask for a rum, they ran out of that too, so I asked for vodka, they had the OJ but no vodka, every single day I would tip the waitress like crazy for her to find me a beer. She'd definitely keep the tip but would produce NO beer. It wasn't like I was asking for some far out rare drink - I was asking for BEER! They would not replenish the water bottles in our room so every day I had to go to the bar to get bottled water so we could brush our teeth. I kept leaving tips and notes in the room asking for water and pop to no avail. It was so frustrating! The food was good, but that was it. They had 1 night's entertainment in the sitting area by the bar, but the music was so extremely loud that we all had to leave (we were 5 couples). In all I spent $180. in one week on tips trying to get people to do what they were supposed to do - to no avail. Only once did I tip someone who appreciated it and that was the guy who first brought our luggage to our room. He was a sweetheart, he even smiled and said "thank you, now my family can eat chicken gracias gracias".
On day 3 - it went to frustrating to downright frightening. The man who moved in the room beside ours beat his female partner. We could hear every single punch and kick, with the female screaming and screeching for him to stop - it was the most horrific thing I had ever heard. Then after several punches and kicks the woman went silent - I was scared to death that she was dead. Then the man proceeded to trash the room, he was even throwing broken pieces of stuff off the 3rd floor balcony and out the front door into the open walkway, all the while cursing and swearing, it was extremely disconcerting. I know that wasn't the resort's fault, but the way the front desk handled me after when I asked if that man was still going to be next door to me, and if he was, I wanted to be moved - they treated me like, first I should not be asking, and secondly they pretty well brushed me off like yesterday's breakfast. I knew the Mexican police had come to get him with their machine guns in hand, I just didn't know if they had/or would bring him back. You'd think after all that commotion, the resort would be very obliging to all their affected guests to make sure they were comfortable - but they didn't care one bit!
For anyone interested in going to this resort because of the $1500. resort credit for spa and golf services, don't bother - it's not exactly what they advertise. We tried to cancel a round of golf and they would not let us, then they charged us taxes for the golfing that we did not do. It's very obviously a "come-along" to get people to go to their resort, because once there you see signs for an example, at the jewelry store where you can only cash in $100. of that credit toward jewelry and the jewelry is extremely overpriced!!
I've never been so nickeled and dimed in my life as to when we were checking out. It was unbelievable. They even charged me an exchange fee for paying one portion with pesos. I couldn't believe it - it's their own currency! I will NEVER ever return to this resort again. Even if I won a free week at this resort I would not go. This was my hard-earned vacation for the year - what a disappointment along with extreme frustrationand extreme fear. Never again!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico