If you go to a resort and meet people who are returning after vacationning there in the past, you know it's a good bet. One out of every 3 couples/groups we met had been there before, some were up to their fifth trip, and I understand why.
First off, the ''bad''; No beach in any tradiotionnal sense, but the small salt water basin are waveless pools perfect for those who prefer salt over chlorine. Also, it's a great casual snorkling experience; friendly fishes, hermit crabs (we saw one almost the size of a volleyball!), small moray eels, ect. I ended enjoying those tidal pools as much as i would've playing in the powerfull mexican waves you'd get in cancun.
Location; It's not close to anything, but it's easy enough to get around by taxi or bus (called ''collectivos'').
Pampering staff, great food with many options, very clean, premium brands of booze at no extra cost, greatest gym i've seen on any resort ever, huge site, great spa.
Overal, our experience was On par, if not better, then certain more expensive resort we've been in.
The great; two words; resort credits. Usually when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is, I guess this was the exception.
Here are some of the things me and my wife enjoyed; Massages, facial, body wraps, manicure, pedicure, hair cut, hair color, all-inclusive day at the hard rock café in cancun, a mayan ceremony called the Temazcal (loved it, I recommend you book yourself a relaxing massage an hour after, just trust me on this). You only pay the service charges, whis is 11% (totally worth it).
All in all, one of the most relaxing 2 weeks in recent memory, I would go back on the drop of a hat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotwire, HotelsClick, Jetsetter, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico