Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$182
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$233
  • Beachfront
Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
$330
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)
$238
$233
  • Breakfast included
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$149
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$257
$220
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$360
$283
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Beach(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$182
Barcelo.com
  • Pool
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
$425
$333
$501
  • Pool
6,992 results
All reviewsaventura spa palacehard rockour honeymoonmoon palacehydrotherapy roomspa treatmentsfishtime sharesteakmartini barhydrotherapy areaplaya del carmenobstacle courseresort creditmayan coffeeman made lagoonpublic relations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at the Aventura Spa for one week. I found it one of the most relaxing stays in a long time. The people working the resort are all very friendly and helpful. The food was out of this world. The Italian restaurant was our favourite but they are were great. No reservations were needed and no waiting for a table ever. The grounds were clean and well maintained.
We were a little shocked at what a great value the $1500 resort credit was. We didn't need to purchase and excursions other than those we purchased with the resort credits.
For those who like to swim in the open ocean this is not the place for you. Each side of the resort has a shallow cove for open swimming.
If I have one minor complaint, it was the bed was too hard for my liking but the resort staff addressed my complaint quickly and resolved the issue.
The resort is being converted to a Hard Rock. This did not affect us as the work was only on the Cove (family) side right now.
It was unfortunate that Sunwing Tours did their best to destroy this vacation. From a departure delay of 9 hours without explanation to the most unfriendly tour rep I have ever met, to a one hour return delay again without explanation.
Highly recommend Aventura Spa just get there other than through Sunwing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Hi BL21, we would like to thank you for your fantastic review, we appreciate you are highly recommending us to all readers and future guests. We are pleased that your vacations were one of the most relaxing stays you have had in long time, taking advantage and finding a great value in our Resort Credits promotion, certainly many tours are included within this promotion and you just have to go to book them with our vacations planner team to start your adventure! That is what we strive to give to our valued guests. We would love to welcome you again soon here at Aventura Spa Palace.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just returned from a 5 day trip with my daughter. I had stayed here a few years back and had a much better oppinion from earlier trip. The place is clean, although very well-worn. Everything is on the near side of needing replaced. Food was fair. I have had better at all-inclusives and I have had worse. Nothing was bad... but it wasn't great, either.
I did not get the type of room I reserved. I was given a room with a King size bed and had reserved a room with 2 doubles. After four trips to the front desk, I was finally moved to a lower grade room, located in the back of the resort on the lowest floor. I accepted it because I wanted the double beds for more comfortable sleep. I was dissappointed to have paid for a higher category room and have to take the down grade in order to get the sleeping arrangements I wanted.
The wait staff and the bartenders are wonderful. They work so hard to accomodate your every wish. It is a shame that mangement doesnt reflect the same attitude.
Resort is beautiful, although I did miss the wide beaches of the Playacar.
Overall, It was a good trip. Warm weather and beautiful surroundings. so glad to have had the opportunity to go.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Hi Rabungirl, thank you for sharing your experience with us as it give us the opportunity to address some of your concerns. I am glad to inform you that we are currently making several changes and renovations throughout the resort to revamp our beautiful hotel; this along with our staff´s excellent service will hopefully make your next vacation not only good but great! We sincerely hope we can welcome you next year to show you our improvements and make your stay a wonderful vacation here at Aventura Spa Palace.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We just returned from the ASP yesterday, and we had an absolutely amazing time. I hope this review does not grow too lengthy, but we had a wonderful top notch trip and want to share it with everyone.

I will start with the positives...because that's all I have to say about this resort!!

1.) Food Excellent, we ate at the Steakhouse and the Pizza Place on the Cove side, both excellent, Service was prompt and we had a lot of fun with the staff who made both our meals very enjoyable. Other nights we ate at the Italian and Mexican places on the Spa side and again..top notch service and food, at the Mexican Place they server Mayan Coffee as an after dinner drink, very highly recommended!! Breakfast/Lunch buffets no complaints TONS of options and everything was very tasty, even moved the buffet inside for lunch one day because of the rain. One morning for the fun of it we had breakfast in the room, it was there and hot and ready to eat exactly when we were told it would be!

2.) Staff....amazing! From the time we arrived at the resort we were greeted with the up most hospitality. From the gentlemen getting our bags from the car to the shuttle transportation from Spa to Cove and back. There was not one single person on that resort that was not helpful in anyway they could be. Bartenders were great, drinks not crazy strong that you couldn't drink them, but they defiantly packed a punch. Aldo did our tequila tasting and worked the pool bar, AMAZING!! Edgar did the wine tasting and again second to none!! Finally the entertainment staff worked the tails off organizing everything from water aerobics to water polo and sand/water volleyball. They kept everything having fun and participating even on the rainy day we encountered.

3) Facilities were in great shape. With the conversion we heard alot of people say they have let stuff go, but we didn't see that at all. We had a lovely room, the restaurants were all clean, the pool spotless, everything was great.

4) Evening Shows were amazing, we were able to take in the Mexican Fiesta which brought in vendors and a variety of Mexican food for the tasting. They had performers and dancers alike that made the whole experience enjoyable. Another night we saw a Michael Jackson performer and a Circus ole type show, and all the performances again..Magnificent.

5) The Spa was wonderful as well, my wife and I both took in an item or two from the spa, and they were great. Prompt service clean and wonderful. Barbara did my massage very happy, my Wife had a facial and wrap and she was beyond impressed. Especially with the 1500 in resort credit don't pass up the opportunity to pamper yourself a bit.

6) Excersions....We did nothing that couldn't be paid for in resort credit. We had no trouble booking in advance our services, but we did Tulum which was amazing, the beach there alone was worth the 1/2 day trip from ASP. Also took in the dolphin swim that was only minutes down the road and an 8 USD cab ride one way there, also available with resort credit. Tequila & Wine tasting, great from season vets, but wonderful for noobs that don't know alot about either.

7) Resort Credits...book in advance or book immediately upon arrival. Everything was taken care of, and in the end with the trips, spa, and upgraded wine at dinner on our final night we spent nearly all our resort credit w/o a problem. Just keep in mind you only have to pay the 11% tax on what you use. So dont feel you HAVE to use it, but if you are considering doing a couple of the items included esp the SPA then you will have little problems using it up.

Over all a wonderful trip, the ASP has really out done themselves. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I look forward to visiting again after the HRR conversion. Oh one final thing. If you are traveling with 4-6 people, upgrade to the Limo service with Lomas Travel. Their shuttles run about 160-180 USDs but you can get the private limo for 255 USDs a very fun way to kick off your trip and to leave Mexico with a Bang! ENJOY!!

Room Tip: We were in the furthest building from the Lobby on the SPA side. It was quiet but a bit of a walk to the pool/breakfast. I would probably go for something a little closer next time to the lobby, but not a big deal. If you are where we were, walk the beach to breakfast...makes the walk MUCH better; upper floors as well.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Jeremey B, we would like to thank you for your wonderful review, we are sure many future guests will benefit from it, it really sound like you have an amazing vacation at the Aventura Spa Palace! We are so pleased to learn that you had a great time and liked the food at our various restaurants and loved our facilities, evening shows and our staff service, they are really the soul of our resort. It is great that you took advantage of your resort Credits and took several tours and excursions and booked all of them in advance to enjoy all your vacations just relaxing and enjoying of the beautiful Riviera Maya, we can’t wait to welcome you again here at Aventura Spa Palace,

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Having been in the hotel indusrty for over 15 years you notice things...I don't try to write bad reviews but, here are some things that might help you in your choice.

Remember in this day and age there should be no....Well it's a Mexican 5 star resort. All the resorts are owned by mega companies and if they want to put 5 star items at the resort they can. if they want to train workers in proper service they can....It's not what it was 25 years ago....So,

We paid for the Aventura Spa ( Adults Only)...The hotel put us in the family Aventura Cove stating this property is all the Aventura Spa... I said NO, didn't pay to have the kids in the play grouns outside my balcony.....After 1.5 days it was changed. You have to stand up for yourself, you paid the money so...get what you paid for.

If you like to take a nice long walk on the beach..You can't they don't have one. They have a man-made cove. What you see in the picture is what you get and it's about 5ft deep but, it's got fish. No para-sail, snorkle (off site), jet ski or marine sports...

They have members who buy time share weeks and they are treated different then us tourists. Better suites are given to them...ocean view can be upto 3 football fields away but, I can see it.

Property is to change into a Hard Rock Resort but, with no real time table for this and the resort does need some renovations now.

Food was very good to excellent in all restaurants. Wide choices, A La Cart has no revervations required as the dining rooms are open fron 6-11pm. Some say the steakhouse is the best it was ok don't have the beef???? All restaurtant with a La (in front of it) are smart causal dress with gents in long pants & collared shirts

Entertainment was ok...Michael Jackson show was the best

For the price range there are better in the same area Now Jade, in Dominican Majestic Colonial, in Jamaca, Rui Montego Bay

Hope this helps

Room Tip: Suite are a bit small in size due to the big whirlpool in the way, no sofa or tub chair to sit on in any suite we saw. Request a king if you want it and make sure your hotel vouchure states it. Stay off the 1st floor as the carts start to rolls at 7am for housekeeping & room service.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Don L, thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments and we also hope many future visitors find them helpful to choose our resort for their next vacations to the Riviera Maya. As you well stated, our Members have preferential treatment and service as part of their membership, for more details we recommend to visit our guest services team. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the entertainment, and our restaurant´s food excellent.
We look forward to welcome you in the future and make your next visit a wonderful memory here in Aventura Spa Palace.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This place was beyond my expectations! I have a background in service and can be critical at times. There was nothing I could find to complain about. The service staff made me feel welcomed and safe. The rooms and resort over all were very clean and well appointed...not over the top but very nice. A perfect place for couples to kick back and relax or to party it up with other like minded people. Thanks to everyone at Aventura Spa Palace for making my stay AWESOME!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Hello Shaunalee B, we are very pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and you felt safe and welcomed and found exceptional service from our staff, even more knowing that is coming from an expert in service like yourself. Thank you for choosing us to give you an awesome vacation, we would love to welcome you again soon here at your favorite resort in the Riviera Maya: Aventura Spa Palace.