Unless you are with great friends who all have a great sense of humor about how bad an experience can be-- don't go here!! We went in Feb 2013 with two other couples and here is what happened in four days:
1. Rooms were supposed to be ready at 3 pm. One couple didn't get checked in until 9:30 pm. They were given a room that was already occupied!!!! (Oops, sorry about that wet bathing suit spot left on your bed!??!)
2. The other couple's jacuzzi didn't work, but I guess we got lucky. We only got locked out of our room one time because the key didn't work anymore.
3. Don't bother with the resort credits- there are no available appointments at the spa anyway! Trying to talk with the staff was impossible and resulted in severe frustration.
4. Oh, and did we mention the resort will be totally without electric power for 8 hours today?
5. Don't forget to pack your pants, gentlemen! Though you won't find this posted on the site, you'll only get to eat at one restaurant without them. The buffet was never properly replaced so don't get too picky!
6. Had to spit out the "wine" -- not drinkable. Maybe it was partly because they served it in plastic tumblers?
7. Be careful if you order room service, as the racoons like to rumage through your leftovers at night. (Can you say, "Over the Hedge"?)
8. With all the bars, how can you really be "out of tonic" for a vodka tonic?
9. Surprise! There is no beach!! But there is a huge pool. All the lounge chairs were taken by 6:30 am so I'm not sure what time you have to get out there to reserve.
10. We were all appauled by the lack of service. Nobody seemed to care about anything. When you asked for something, it was not uncommon to get the response of "No." Or, better yet, when the staff made a mistake, they tried to blame you for it!
11. The kicker was on the last day, after breakfast, we went back to the rooms to pack our things and leave for the airport within the hour. Much to our surprise, one couple's key had been deactivated ("but you are checking out today" they said). We waited forever for someone to come, and even after multiple phone calls and promises to help, no one came. One sweet employee ended up climbing the second floor and going in through the balcony to let them in to their room!!
Needless to say, we will never return to the Aventura. If I'm going to save up all year for a vacation, I'd like to go somewhere where I feel pampered! Instead, I would highly recommend the LIVE AQUA. We had great service there in 2012, and longed to once again hear their phrase, ...."it is my pleasure."
Oh well. I guess what they say is true- truth really is stranger than fiction!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico