“Best holiday ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Surrey, Canada
“Best holiday ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at the Adventura Spa from December 23 - 29. We were a party of 8 in 4 beautiful rooms. We all agreed it was the best holiday ever. The service was outstanding, we were so spoiled, the only negative was we had to leave. We loved the Steak House on the Cove side. Our absolute favorite was the buffet beside the pool looking out to the ocean. Roberto was our favorite waiter, so professional, friendly, so entertaining and helpful. He looked after all our wishes and added so much to our holiday we still mention him fondly! We always looked forward to seeing him each evening. He and the chef made our last night very special. All of the staff were outstanding! We loved the spa services, even the gym was wonderful. On the dreaded treadmill looking out to the ocean makes you forget you are at the gym. You do have to get your pool chairs reserved early. we will definitely be back. We have also stayed at the Moon Palace which is also a wonderful experience in beautiful Mexico. Palace Resorts definitely know how to
train their staff to pamper their guests!

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, we loved our room. We did have a view of the pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Barbara S
Xavier V, Guest Relations Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Barbara S

Here at the Aventura Spa Palace we are so glad that you had such a great vacation with us and that you experience the great service that our hardworking staff is famous for and that you experience our great food also. We are going to share your comments with all our staff especially with Roberto our waiter so he keeps up the good job.

Our staff is the reason that our guests keep coming back year after year that along with our great facilities like our Spa, gym and 7 restaurants in the property. And now we are going to make it better with the renovation and change to the HardRock brand this is going to be the best option in the Mayan Riviera.
We look forward to host you again here at the Aventura Spa Palace please come back soon.

Best Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (818)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Coral Springs, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

First I understand all of the people who have never been to Mexico thinking this was great. We are Palace Premier members since 2002. This is the worst experience I have ever had. We purchased AT this property and it was awesome. Things worked ,the staff was knowledgeable and helpful, the service was amazing. Not this time. In fact as owners we paid double what most of the people here paid! We had to change rooms as our first room had numerous issues. That took hours and many people. As one person said they tried to put you off until the next morning.They had no rooms until I got to the manager of public relations and said we wanted to transfer to the Sun Palace which has always been amazing in every way. Then he had 4!! different rooms to show us. So at 11 pm at night we finally moved. The Palace Resorts have been split up between two brothers and the one who is partnering with Hard Rock has this resort. They would not let us change resorts because the other brother owns Sun Palace,, You would think this change would be disclosed to us owners but it wasn't Today was better but we are definitely disappointed with this property and their management.

Room Tip: Ask for building 5 facing the pool. Close to everything and ask for third floor!!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Latana H
Dear Latana H

We thank you for your comments and suggestions we always appreciate feedback from our members and we apologize for the issues that you had at check in, you as a member knows that we have always been known for great service, let me assure you that our management is aware of the issue that you encountered during your stay we have shared your comments with our Management and they already have taken steps to insure that this does not happen again.
As you know we are going through the transition to the HardRock brand and we are sure that with the changes that we have implemented our transition is going to be done without inconveniencing our guests, this all been done to enhance your membership so at the end you will have access to the most unique resort in the Mayan Riviera.

Our goal is that every vacation will be a memorable one and we in the Aventura Spa Palace hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you at any of our Resorts in Mexico and the
Dominican Republic.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I went twice in 2012 - in October with my girlfriend, and then my family of 6 in December. The resort is very beautfiul and the people are nice BUT two reoccuring problems on both visits:
1) Check-in both times was an ordeal that last 6 hours or more to finally get the requested room- they get the room wrong, type of bed wrong. and then they keep asking you to come back to the front desk "in one hour" up to 4 or 5 times. What a waste of a first day.
2) Eating at the many fine restaurants is a problem between 5 and 9 if you are not a time share member or a honeymooner. They don't take reservations, and they will turn you away - even though there are many empty tables, If you show up at 7 - they say come back in two hours, and then you miss the show. I don't appreciate being treated like a second class guest because i am a time share member and I have paid full price for my vacation.
It's too bad because the place is beautiful - but I won't be going back because of the big service issues.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Ruth713
Dear Ruth713

We are glad that you liked our resort, we are very sorry for the trouble that you had at check in the service that you got is unacceptable and we have already implemented changes at our front desk and at our reservation department including increasing our staff to deal with these issues that happened due to the very high occupancy at the resort.

We are committed to keep the level of service that we always have been known for and we are confident that the changes that we implemented plus our partnership with HardRock will help us through this transition period without causing any inconveniences to our Guests.
We at the Aventura Spa Palace we hope you give us the opportunity to host you again here in Mexico or the Dominican Republic.

Whitecourt, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Aventura Spa Palace from January 10-17. We had a great time. I am not sure what the negative reviews are all about regarding service at this resort, because we had fantastic, friendly, attentive service from every employee we encountered.
The food was very good at all the restaurants (we enjoyed the steak house at The Cove the most). All buffets had a great variety.
We used our credits for massages etc. at the Spa. The level of service there could not be better !
The only negative thing I could say was about most of the loungers being reserved before the sun came up, but we always found some close to the action.
I loved our time there, the staff were the hardest working, friendliest people I have ever met.
We will be back for sure.

16 Thank Dave S
Dear Dave S.

We are very glad that you enjoy your stay at the Aventura Spa Palace. We are happy that you did not listen to the bad reviews and came to experience by yourself what we are really all about especially our great food and our great service. We are aware about the chairs at the pool being reserved early on and we have already increased the number of chairs that are available to our guest. We hope you come back soon here to the Aventura Spa Palace.

Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I would love to be writing a glowing review of our trip this past fall, but instead I am writing greatly disappointed with the customer service, or lack of customer service, I've received from the booking staff.

After our second stay at Aventura Spa my fiancé and I decided to become members, and returned home with glowing reviews to our friends, family and coworkers. A coworker of mine as a result was interested in going for a week based on our experience and my recommendation, I offered to gift her a week so they could experience the resort as members.

In the beginning of January she visited the website and saw a rate available that she was happy with and asked me to verify the rate and set the week for her. My fiancé called that evening for me to verify the price and was quoted a higher price over the phone, a difference of $400. My fiancé was unaware of the online offer so he let me know. Confused I asked my coworker to verify the price again and gave her the phone number and my member number to call and talk to someone.

She verified the price online again and called herself, she was then quoted two different prices by two different people, one gentleman being quite rude about it informing her that members receive extra but was not able to explain to her the items she would be receiving that made the cost increase understandable. These prices were $400-600 more than the price available on the website to non-members.

Confused I emailed Rosy Ricalde, on January 8th, whose email is listed on the Legendary website to inquire about the price difference figuring it was a simple mistake. I would have called but I've had severe bronchitis for most of January so I had issues speaking and figured and email would be easier.

I received no response.

6 days later, on January 14th I emailed Mariana Ponce, who I had emailed with after our vacation in September to provide my feedback.

It is now January 18th and I've yet to receive a single response from either Rosy or Mariana. Not even an automatic email to let me know my email was received or to notify me if they were unavailable.

As a result my coworker has decided to book elsewhere and I have lost out on a chance to earn a celebrity week I was planning to gift to my mother. I am also left with egg on my face after speaking so highly of the resort and its staff.

So I advise highly for others to avoid dealing with Aventura until they manage to finish sorting out the split with Legendary. I know I am personally starting to regret my membership and wondering if I have been ripped off as this is not the service I came to expect from Palace staff.

Perhaps if I deny payment on our credit card someone might finally contact me.

This is definitely disappointing considering how wonderful the hotel is and the hotel staffs are generally incredibly accommodating. We had a great time on our trip and were happily looking forward to returning this year with family. We heard many great things about the switch to Hard Rock and now I and left feeling that it was a lot of smoke and mirrors.

One positive thing I can say, if you stay and happen to go to the Hacienda restaurant, personally my favorite, ask for Javier. He was an amazing waiter and we came back a second night and asked for him specifically. He really went out of his way to ensure we had a wonderful dinner. My one star below for service is definitely not a reflection of the staff working at the hotel itself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rankailie
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

after being booked for two months we got to the hotel only to be told there was no reservation. we wasted 7 hours while the front desk tried to downgrade our booking. the person at the front desk was rude and not very helpful at all. finally after speaking with the manager we got our rooms and after the terrible first day the rest of the week was great. the staff were wonderful and always there to assist. there is plenty to do while you are there and the food was great. i hope they take a good hard look at some of their reservation people and get rid of the bad apples. other than that a great trip.

Room Tip: this is a huge hotel and even with an ocean view it might be good or you can barely see the ocean so...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank william k
Dear William k

We apologize for the inconveniences that you had at check in, but we are glad that the issue got resolved and that you end up having a great vacation.
We have shared your comments with the front desk manager directly. We are very happy that you got a great service by our friendly staff and that you love the food at the resort and with the changes that we already implemented in our front desk we hope you come back soon and give us the opportunity to host you again here at the Aventura Spa Palace.

Novi, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Like others, we read bad reviews and were concerned with the "transition" from Palace to Hard Rock and what our stay at Aventura would be like. We had previously stayed at Cancun Palace and are Palace members. Our entire time at Aventura was excellent. The room was clean and well-maintained; all pools were sparkling clean; restaurants had good service and tasty food. Only had one less-than-perfect experience at the Mexican restaurant at The Cove. It took a very long time to get our food and the shrimp we ordered was overcooked. The employees are eager to help, always greet guests and work hard to communicate. As for timeshare presentations, we were offered gifts for attending one, but there was no pressure to do so. Even the presentation was not high-pressure. We have gone to more than 50 timeshare presentations so we know high-pressure when we see it and it just did not happen here! Fitness center and spa were excellent facilities. Hydrotherapy area was superb. One downside - and it doesn't have anything to do with the facility or staff - the distance from anything outside of the resort. Previously we had stayed at Cancun Palace and could easily catch public transportation to go to restaurants and shopping. Best option for that if you are staying at Aventura is Playa del Carmen. We had to take taxis and it took about 20 minutes each way. It was interesting to see Playa, but everything we needed was right at the resort. It is true that there is no beach but this really wasn't problematic to me. I could see the beautiful Caribbean from just about every spot on the property and previous experience with a beautiful beach in Cancun was that most people just don't swim in the ocean anyway - they prefer pools. We are looking forward to another trip there before 2014 and there will be no concerns the next time.

Room Tip: All rooms have nice view but they aren't all ocean views. There aren't very many ocean front...
9 Thank srobin316
Xavier V, Guest Relations Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear srobin316

Here at the Aventura Spa Palace we are so happy that you had a great time with us and that you enjoyed our resort so much as you saw there is no issue with the transition to the HardRock and we will continue to keep up the level of service during the transformation without bothering our guests and at the end we will have the most unique resort in the Mayan Riviera. We hope you come back soon here at the Aventura Spa Palace.

Our goal is that every vacation will be a memorable one and we in the Aventura Spa Palace hope that you give us the opportunity to host you again in Mexico and the Dominican Republic.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Barcelo Maya Palace
#7 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,627 reviews
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

Been to Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!