New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
GreenLeadersGold level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Aventura Spa unique experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very unique resort carved out of the beach. great ocean front property where the ocean is more like a saltwater pool with all the marine life. there were bars set up every 50 feet on the beach with thop shelf liquor, the beer however was not,and when i say not, i mean i am not a fan of Tecate, dos Equis or Sol, especially when it is not cold.

Overall we really enjoyed the resort with only a few minor negatives. you did really need to plan ahead when out on the beach/lagoon area, the bathrooms could be a hike depending on where you were able to find a chair. As with many resorts, towels were hard to come by and you had to go out early to reserve chairs. it will be interesting to see what happens when they convert to a Hard Rock, there needs to be better night life and sports bar on the adults only side of the resort wiht TV's that are big enough to actually see who is playing and what the score is.

Staff was always friendly and smiling, willing to take care of you. The $1500 resort credit was actually great, not a ripoff as we have seen at other resorts,-you only had to pay the 11% service/tax, said another way, a $140, 50 minute massage cost $15 and there were plenty of open times it was not restricted. We would go back, but we will probably wait till it is a Hard Rock resport after all the renovation.
again worth what we paid, especially over New Years.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Peter C
Xavier V, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hola Peter C,

Thanks a lot for your kind review; we thank you too for choosing our fabulous resort.

It seems you liked our very peculiar Cove full of colored fishes and the service provided by our accommodating staff, not to mention our delicious spa.

We are currently working in the areas where you did not felt a top notch service. Thank you so much for your remarks.

We will be eager to serve you again for your next vacation.

Warm regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Ramsey, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My experience at this resort was amazing. The staff was extremely accommodating and really made the trip that much better. Salvador was extremely funny and Armando was so nice. My family and I had a great experience and would definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Elena M
Guillermo G, Guest Relations Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Elena

We are so glad that you had a great time and that you ejoyed our the great service from our greta staff. Please tell your friends what a great place this one is and come back your self with your family. We will be waiting for you.

Regards.
Palo Alto, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was on a trip with a group of people Dec 26 - Jan 2. On the positive side, the grounds were clean and beautiful, and the all-inclusive part was great.

Now the negatives:
The room did not get cleaned every day. On some days, the housekeeper would get to our room by 4:30-5 pm, and would start to clean with us in the room, at the time when we wanted to rest. So we would have to ask her for the new towels, and to leave, so the room stayed dirty. On other days, they did not come to clean at all. Sometimes it took 1-2 phone calls for them to come and clean it. Another person from our tour group did not have his room cleaned for 4 days in a row.
We did not even have a "do not disturb sign", and communicating with housekeepers was impossible due them speaking only Spanish. We could not ask them to stop by later for example, or anything else.
Check out process was slow and difficult. They were unable to separate room credits between me and my roommate, so it was hard to figure out who owed what. We were being sent from the front desk to vacation planners desk multiple times to figure things out, and it probably amounted to 2-3 hours of our time. Part of the problem that we had to wait in line every time we went to these desks. This was definitely not a way to spend a vacation.

By the way, there are room credits available for different services, but they still charge the tax for each of them at the end. We did not know that either.

Our safe box was not closing, so we called for help. The repair person came in, and was able to close it without a problem, so he left. We tried closing it -- and could not do it ourselves. He came back, and the same thing happened again. On the third try, a person from HR came in and said that the safe box has no problem and if we cannot figure it out, it is our own fault. What a way to treat hotel guests! But at least she was the only one who could speak English. I tried figuring out the safe box with her in the room, and eventually realized that if you hold the door either too tight or too lose, the box will not close. I wish the repair person explained it to us on his first visit, but he did not do that. He did not want to interact with us at all, and did not speak English.

The beach is kind of a joke there. The ocean is very rough, so it is walled off about 30 feet away, and people can swim in the little lake-like area on the coast side of that wall. It is shallow there, and the floor is uneven. There are some interesting fishes in the water which is great, but some tourists probably feed them, so some fishes may seem a bit aggressive. One person from our group was bit on the finger by a fish there. Once you stop walking and start swimming however, the fish leaves you alone.

I would not go to that hotel again and do not recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank Vic_travel1
Guillermo G, Guest Relations Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Vic_travel1

We are regret to know that the service was not to your satisfaction our policy is to fully service the room every two days but you can requested to be done every day at the front desk. This usually is not a problem for most of our guest. We are sorry about the mix up with your resort credits we are aware when you share credits sometimes is difficult to figure them out and we are taking immediate steps with the vacation planers to solve this. Still you have so many options to use your credits in the Aventura Palace that you just don’t at any other resort and you know taxes are inevitable at any resort.
And we are glad that you enjoyed the small lagoon that we have in which you can swim, snorkel, this is another great feature that you don’t find in the other resorts.
We appreciate your comments and Feedback and we hope you give us the opportunity to host you again here at the Aventura Palace.

Best Regards.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Got married at this resort in 2003 and Invested in 50 weeks at this resort- its very luxurious and clean and friendly and we are treated like royalty every time we go. The food is good, the drinks are strong and frequent, the rooms are very nice, but the SPA is to die. No better massage on earth than with Elsa at ASP;) we recently found out this resort was purchased by Hard Rock Hotels and 2013 is the last year it will be a Palace Resort. We are very bummed about this news. There are other Palace resorts near PDC and CAncun but most of them allow children and families...which means running, splashy cannonballs and screaming babies ;( we had a good run, but now we'll have to find another place in Playa.

Room Tip: If you can get a Prez suite, do it! 2 couples and youre right next to everything, swim up pool bar...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bizzygal1111
Xavier V, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Bizzygal1111,

Receive cordial greetings from your entire Aventura family. Thank you for selecting our resort to spend your vacation, we will keep working hard to reach your satisfaction every time you come.

Glad to know you received the fabulous service you are accustomed to and that you still love our spa which is our main attraction, especially thanks for spotlighting our coworker Elsa who were above and beyond, we will acknowledge her for making your visit even better.

Do not worry; you may rest assured this resort will remains for adults only, so you can come back whenever you want and enjoy everything we have to offer.

We remain entirely at your service.

Best regards
Alliance, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

First time out of the U.S. Trying to get thru the crap at airport - Crazy! Trying to get to the resort- NUTS! We were with another couple they split us up, put us on a van, only to take us off that van. Check-in, our first room and trying to book functions using our 1500 credits - TERRIBLE!
BUT, once we got it all straigten out it was a WONDERFUL time with old friends and met lots of new friends! The food and drink, well if you went hungry or were ever thirsty, it was your own fault! The food choices were great and the employess were always there to bring you, your drink of choice, (even though the bar was only a few steps away).
Our room was attended to every day and tropical flowers adorned, made me feel SPECIAL!
The massages, facial, manicure, pedicure made me feel like "Cinderella", instead of "the wicked step-mom" (for my friends who know me)!
My husband enjoyed "Tequila Volleyball" with friends, we had a day of shopping on 5th Avenue, not as good of deals as I expected, but still came home with trinkets.
I thank my friends for inviting us to join them, and would love to go back, all-inclusive, the only way to go!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank FSchrader
Xavier V, Guest Relations Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear FSchrader

Thanks for your comments and we are very happy here in the Aventura Palace that you had such a wonderful time and that you like the food and the service.

You are one more of our guests that discover the great Spa that we have and all the activities that we have available along with our 1500 resort credit promotion that once you know how to use the resort credits you find out what a great value they are.

We are happy that despite the trouble you had with the transportation you ended up having such a great time.

Our goal is to always provide the best stay possible and we are really glad to know that you had a wonderful and enjoyable experience here at the Aventura Palace and we would be delighted to have the opportunity to host you again in Mexico and the Dominican Republic.

Best Regards.
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Let me start by saying this was the third trip to an all-adult, 6 golden apple rating resort. The first two were Secrets St. James and Secrets Capri and I loved them both so the Palace had a tough act to follow. I chose it because of the great deal on their promotion and the fact that the reviews on here were answered by Xavier Vazquez, who seemed like he really cared what the guests thought. After booking, I wanted to make a couple of requests so I asked on a blog here for an email address and Mr. Vazquez answered, saying that I could email him. He answered my email very quickly and responded that he would do what he could to help and made good on his word. I have emailed resorts several times before we arrived and seldom did I receive a response at all, much less by someone so personable and conscientious. Therefore, I was more excited and happy to leave on the trip than ever.

We arrived with one other couple and were very quickly checked in to a room in Building 6 on the top floor. Perfect, close to everything, nice enough view and perfectly clean. Honestly, when I read some of the reviews on this site, it's hard to believe we were in the same resort because I would have to rate it and the employees in the top 3 places I've ever stayed and I'm still not sure in which order. My nephew arrived the day after us and they were quick to place him in the same building in the room directly below us. We had only a couple of small issues but they were resolved quickly and efficiently and we received a follow-up call to find out if the issues were dealt with to our satisfaction and if there was anything else they could do to help. Again, unusual and wonderful. I was concerned that my nephew wouldn't be happy with a 6 star resort in Mexico as he stays at beautiful Marriott Spas in California quite often but he was thrilled at how beautiful it was and that not only did they have great food and drinks but he wasn't going to get a gigantic bill at the end like in the States.

We ate at the Italian (wonderful) and the Oriental (good) restaurants but really saw no need to eat at the ala carte restaurants after that because the buffet was great. They had everything you could want and it was delicious. We did, however, eat quite early so I'm not sure how it would have been later on but I would definitely rate this buffet at the top of all the buffets I've had at these places in the past.

I don't want to rehash all the things already mentioned but I do want to mention a few employees besides Mr. Vazquez. I'm sorry I lost my little slip that I wrote names on but I do remember Alejandro in the spa who gave an amazing massage (there were two other men at the spa that were great as well, again, sorry I don't remember their names but the massages were wonderful). Leydi De Dios Cordova was very sweet and helpful in getting us spa reservations together. I didn't, however, see a single employee who wasn't smiling and pleasant and responding with "My pleasure" when thanked.

I only have a couple things that could be improved upon. First, I think the beds are too firm. Many people like firm beds, however, and my husband is one of them. They put an extra pad on the bed and it was fine for both of us. Another thing that bothered me and several people I spoke to was that the spa employees have to stand in a line and you walk by them when you are being taken to your appointments. I think that is stressful for both the employees and the guests. The employees work very hard and should be allowed to relax and sit down between appointments and the guests feel self-conscious and uncomfortable walking by them. Other than those two minor things, we absolutely loved it at the Palace and I would love to go back tomorrow but hopefully, can go soon. I hope it's as good when Hard Rock takes over and I'm sure I will see on here if it is.

Thank you also to Bob on Palace Resort Specialists on Facebook for all the info and suggestions about where to go and what to do while in Puerto Adventuras.

Room Tip: Building 6 was a very good location.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank conklem1
Hi conklem1,

We are happy to hear from you. Thanks a lot for choosing this paradise surrounded by jungle to spend your vacations.

We felt so proud by reading your amazing review and learn we exceeded your high expectations; we hope future travelers find useful your opinion.

We were delighted to answer your questions and concerns prior to your arrival; it is very encouraging you liked La Trattoria and Momo no Hana restaurants and that you found our correspondence to be useful while in the resort.

Thanks as well for mentioning our coworkers Lady and Alejandro; we are surrounded by a talented team of young-spirit individuals who give every single day their very best to our valued guests and as per comments like yours, we can see that we are riding on the right track.

We have shared your both suggestions with our Management Team, you can be sure we will take them into account.

We are ready to host you again and spoil you as only you deserve. Please feel free to contact us in advance for any assistance.

Warmest regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I could not find one reason to complain. We were treated with friendliness, eagerness to please, and pure open-heartedness. The food was tasty, the pool time fun, and the nights at the Martini Bar lasted into the wee hours. I laughed heartily many many times daily. I rested. I partied. I ate and drank my heart's desire. I ordered room service whenever I didn't feel like a restaurant. AND THE SPA.... The massages and hydrotherapy are Devine. I made so many new friends! A spectacular vacation.

• Stayed January 2013
6 Thank Irondogm
Hi Irondogm,

Thank you so much for choosing our resort to chill out near to the sea. Thanks as well for your so sweet and encouraging comments about your stay here.

We are proud that we not only provided you with a smashing service but with happiness that you will remember for a very long time. We are ready to pamper you during your next vacation.

Sincerely
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
5.0 of 5 stars 5,118 reviews

Been to Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!