1. Giving me the appearance that I’m being treated as a special guest when checking-in, when in fact nothing gets done, I had to wait about 3 hours to get my room after my initial contact with the front desk.
2. Deceitful advertising about room upgrade available upon arrival using your $1,500 resort credit, when in fact no such rooms are available.
3. Disingenuous advertising about the actual cost of the Spa treatment. Nothing is mentioned on the Adventura Palace Spa web page that you must pay a 11% service fee with real dollars. We ended up with a $299.25 bill after using our $1,500 credit for spa treatments.
4. Scheming advertising about the two free tickets for a trip to XCaret Natural Park when booking your trip. We booked our trip on Nov 4, 2012, with arrival on Dec 8, 2012. The booking agent never offered the two free tickets. Once we got there the only way we could get the tickets was by sitting thru a membership sales pitch. The sales team wanted $12,000 to join their membership, the session lasted over two hours. Only then were we allowed to get the two tickets at a reduced rate, we had to pay $30 for the tickets.
5. Illusionary customer service practice, one day our room was not cleaned by 5PM. We called housekeeping, we were told that someone would be there immediately. By 5:30PM no one was there to clean the room, we called housekeeping, again we were told that someone would be there immediately. No one was there by 6PM, we called housekeeping, and again we were told that someone would be there immediately. The maid showed up at 6:30PM, her normal time to turn-down the beds. Housekeeping never had any intention of sending someone before the normal bed turn-down time.
6. Disingenuous customer service practice, we had to wait a half hour to get a table at the italian restaurant “La Tratoria”, when we could see that at least 2 tables were vacant on the outside, and 6 tables were also vacant on the inside.
7. Poor set-up for the nightly shows. The lobby of the Adventura Cove Palace in not conducive to a good viewing of the shows. If you don’t get there there at least 15 minutes before show time you end-up watching the show behind the fountain in the middle of the lobby,
8. Crafty scheme to make you believe that you’re getting a good deal on professional photos by the pool, with snakes or exotics birds by using your $1,500 resort credit. A five photos sets cost $400 resort credit, but you must pay 11% service fee, which is $44, making each picture cost $8.80, a bit much for one picture.
9. Cunning extra charge for the Romantic Lobster Dinner, you can use your $1,500 resort credit to pay for the dinner but you must pay the 11% service fee, which amounts to $38.50 for the dinner. Since this is an all inclusive resort where all your meals are free, the 11% service fee should not be applied.
10. Lack of staff at some restaurants, notably at “La Tratoria” the night we were there only two waiters were in attendance, maybe that’s the reason we waited for a half hour for our table.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico