The Aventura Spa and Cove have been purchased and are not, and have not been, part of the Palace Resorts since January. According to people we spoke with, since then the hotel has shipped away the best staff and the quality has gone down. It is being made into a Hard Rock.
The perks, which keep it from being a 1 star, are the beautiful architecture and landscaping. These were truly marvelous. The rooms were small, but nicely laid out.
Everything else is bad to terrible.
These are some of the problems in the two rooms that my family booked:
We were locked out of our rooms. TWICE.
The safe in the room didn't work.
LIVE wires were hanging down, uncapped, in the closet.
The light in the closet wouldn't go out.
Half of the towels were good quality, but half of them were rags.
The staff kept forgetting to replace the right number of towels, so we had half as many as we should have had.
Booking anything, from a massage to a trip, took at least two hours. That is valuable time on a vacation. They don't have enough staff.
The "personal concierge" was only concerned about when it was time for her to leave, not about her guests.
Staff of the spa were unevenly trained - some were great, but others were terrible and could have easily injured the person they were massaging if one wasn't careful.
Speaking of the spa, if you wanted anything other than a standard massage, and there was a long list of things supposedly available, make sure you book them two weeks before hand or you aren't going to get them.
The fancier the included restaurant, the longer the wait - we literally went to the gourmet restaurant and were told that it was a 40 minute wait for them to prepare a table for us - even though we could see only a quarter of the restaurant was in use and other tables were free and ready. They didn't want people eating there, as far as we could tell.
The resort credits could only be used for a very few things; there are four tours to choose from - so I hope you like golf or fine wines or spa treatments, because those are about the only decent things you can use your credits on.
If you tell them you have a problem, expect a 1-2 hour wait before anyone shows up, even though they will "be right there".
Make sure you ask for a bellboy 2 hours before you need to go - it will take about that long for them to get to your room.
Expect to walk a long way to most things.
When we first arrived in the dark, a bellboy took some of us to our room, then we called for a lift back, as they had not given us maps (they ran out and were re-printing them), and they said they were too busy to send a golf cart around. Which would have been fine if we had a map or had been there or had any idea how to get back, but was completely inappropriate in this case.
One of us was stung by a jellyfish in their lagoon - which is fine, and happens, because it is connected to the ocean, but the place at the beach to get snorkle equipment isn't stocked with vinegar or anything else to help ease the pain of a sting.
If there wasn't money in it for them, the trip advisors there weren't interested in lifting one finger to help you. At all.
When trying to speak to a manager, he would speak to others, who hadn't been waiting as long, before speaking to us.
I will NEVER book another vacation here nor to any other Hard Rock anywhere at any time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Agoda, Prestigia, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico