Aventura Spa Palace has changed as it is undergoing it's shift to a Hardrock. I am currently here, and am a Presidential Member of the Palace Resorts, thus have stayed in many different locations. When I had visited Aventura years ago, both sides were adults only and it had a much more elegant ambiance. However, the level of class has really gone down.
My biggest dissapointment is the quality of the food. For a Spa Resort, there should be healthy options yet I find mostly burgers/fries/pizza/pasta and other cheap foods. It does not appeal to a refined palate and I have been basically just eating the fruits and vegetables, which are great, but not what I expected to live off of on vacation. The breakfast would have to be the best since it consists of staple items, but the lunch and dinner foods are full of oil/butter. Also, they used to open up a wine bottle for you and leave it at your table, but now refuse to.
The spa experience was really great though, especially the hydrotherapy. The people working at the spa were kind and hospitable.
The shows are the same few shows Palace has been showing for years (Michael Jackson, Mexican show, Circus.. I think it's time for a change.)
What makes this resort, and any Palace, are the people working here. They are the most amazing diligent workers. Yet besides that, I am not pleased with my experience. It has become less sophisticated, catering to a new crowd with this shift to Hard Rock. I used to be wowed by the quality, but now feel like I'm at another all-inclusive where they are trying to cut costs. For example, the $1500 resort credit is a complete scam. They make everything 10 times the price, so you think you're getting an amazing deal but actually aren't getting much. PLUS they said we must pay 11% of any of the services!!! So I am PAYING for these supposedly 'free' spa services. So don't be fooled by the resort credit. And the prices of the items in the gift shop are marked up out of this world.
My advice to Aventura and all of the Palace's would be to focus on the QUALITY rather than quantity. What good is it to have tons of different options when they are all full of oil, cheap and bad-tasting? Also the rooms are quite small- get rid of the hot tubs and give us more space. I was forced to leave my suitcase on the floor of the closet since I had no where to put it up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Prestigia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico