Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
$277
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$238
$191
  • Beachfront
Catalonia Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$360
$174
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)
$233
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$233
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Beach(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$195
  • Pool
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$220
  • Breakfast included
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
$129
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
$400
$333
$501
  • Pool
6,991 results
All reviewsaventura spa palacehard rockour honeymoonmoon palacehydrotherapy roomspa treatmentsfishtime sharesteakmartini barhydrotherapy areaplaya del carmenobstacle courseresort creditmayan coffeeman made lagoonpublic relations
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We just returned from a fabulous week at this amazingly relaxing resort! We went with 4 of our best friends (2 were on their honeymoon) and it was perfect for all of us to do certain things together and very romantic when each couple wanted "romance". The food was good but we asked for a few special meals served on the beach and we were given great food and 1st class attention! The spa was the best ever and I had the most amazing treatments! The staff around the entire hotel made it the most pleasant week ever, there isn't enough room to rave about all of them! We also had our first Mexican wine tasting there and it was so educational and enjoyable (we even found we liked a few of their wines!) Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tammy J
Xavier V, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

We are delighted to know that you had a fabulous vacation here at Aventura Palace. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review. It is great to hear that you relaxed at our wonderful Spa and that you enjoyed the service that characterizes us.
We are looking forward to welcome you and your friends back in the near future.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have just returned from a wonderful week at this resort. It was beautiful. My 3 sisters and I went and had the time of our lives. The food was great and the people very friendly. Can't wait to do again. Spa was busy but services were amazing

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank randmgreen
Xavier V, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your short and sweet review.
We are very happy to hear that you and your sisters had a wonderful vacation week at our resort.
We are looking forward to welcome you back, here at Aventura Palace.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Just returned back from Adventura Spa and can already see the changes taking place (will be changing to the Hard Rock sometime in 2013.) So far the changes are for the better. Most improved so far is the food which was always the biggest complaint. I actually had several very delicious steaks and being from NY I know what a good steak tastes like. We were told that all restaurants and menus will be changing again with Hard Rock. We read an interesting article in USA Today (Mexican Caribbean Edition) at the airport about them hiring a master architect, Jeffrey Beers International, who is suppose to be doing some amazing things there. Looking forward to it.

We have been coming to this resort for about 9 years now and have seen a lot of ups and downs. We took advantage of the Half Price offer and with the additional $1500 credit we had free massages almost every day, well worth the trip. The spa is always gorgeous and so relaxing. If you like a deep tissue massage ask for Martha or Mirtha, Oh My God.

Resort was empty, we usually go around Thanksgiving which they call high season but I've noticed a drop in occupancy the last few years. The resort is very beautiful and kept up all the time, you cannot walk anywhere without seeing someone working somewhere. The place is spotless. One thing I do miss are the attendants at the poolside bathrooms. The bathrooms there were always kept very clean and even had fresh flowers scattered around, no more though. Hopefully H.R. will bring this back. Friendly service around the pool was there whenever you needed anything. They even had a great band playing poolside, very enjoyable. The staff at poolside and in the restaurants was absolutely amazing, everyone is always so friendly and couldn't be more helpful. We ate at La trotorria (the italian restaurant which is one of our favorites) and unfortunately the lasagna was a little burnt so we did not eat it, the waiter asked us if there was a problem and we said it was fine just a little burnt, well another waiter came by to apologize and then the manager did the same. They were so apologetic and kept offering to bring something else. Very very nice, they really do care. I know gratuities are included but everyone there went over and above, so we tipped many times (even after the lasagna). What is so nice is that you get that kind of treatment whether you tip them or not, but it is so appreciated when you do that it is soo worth it. And trustworthy too, I left cash in my robe at the spa and went back the next day and my cash was in lost and found, amazing. The in room maids are equally honest, many times I've left items around that I should not have and never was there an issue. I've noticed that everyone's english has come a long way, even though we should be learning more spanish (we are in their country after all) they are so patient and really try to understand and learn from us. I just hope H.R. employees are that good.

My husband and I have always enjoyed the spa and work out facilities the instructors are just great, very knowledgable. The yoga at the yoga temple was probably some of the best classes I have ever taken anywhere. Victor will kick your butt, he is by far the best instructor Palace has ever had. Please don't change the yoga temple we love it so much. The only negative thing about it is we want more classes. Maybe another class in the evening would be great. It was a little warm in the yoga temple but we needed to sweat off all the food we ate. Actually it was a little on the warm side in the entire place, maybe palace was cutting down on the ac???It wasn't terrible but it is nice to walk into a cool restaurant to enjoy a nice meal. They did offer outdoor dining (which we usually would decline) but it was better than being uncomfortable.

All in all for the price, you cannot beat it. And if Hard Rock does the improvements they speak of it will be fabulous.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Alicat60

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed review.
We are very glad to know that you have noted improvements and that the food was of your liking.
Thank you for sharing your observations, you can be sure we will share your comments with our Management Team; our goal is to ensure your satisfaction and we are constantly working to achieve that goal.
It is great to know that you enjoyed of the wonderful spa treatments and the band by the pool.
Regarding your concern about our transition please be informed that we are in no way decreasing the warm and special service which is customary to our guests in our resort.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back many more times in the future, here, at your home away from home.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at the SPA Place for a destination wedding at during the end of April – early May 2012.

My impression of this resort:

THE GOOD: The grounds are well kept and the food is slightly above average. Service in general was good and the rooms were clean and well kept. The wedding coordinator did an excellent job.

THE BAD: Rooms are much smaller than at other similar resorts. Activities were lacking especially during the day as compared to other resorts. There were a number of additional charges tacked on to our room, primarily from the SPA that didn’t belong to us, which took several hours of arguing with guest services to get corrected.

THE ULGY: As part of the destination wedding package contract, we were entitled to a refund equal the cost of two nights stay due to the number of rooms booked thru the group contract. When we attempted to get this credited just prior to leaving we were told that there was no process in place for refunding the money and that we should have use it as credit for additional services while were there. We have been in a constant battle since May in an attempt to get credited for the money that is owed based upon their contract with us. Thus far this has resulted in multiple promises to process a refund but no actual refund. This has force us to now begin legal action against the resort.

OVERALL: This is a nice place with slightly above average food and amenities, but not worth the price as compared with other resorts in the area. Be extremely careful and review your charges regularly if you choose to go there, since I have the impression that the underlying goal is to get as much in the way of extra money as they possibly can from their guests.

P.S> A NOTE TO TRAVEL AGENTS: Our travel agent also has not been paid their commission and is experiencing difficulty getting results from the accounting department.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Travel_Engineer_1959
Xavier V, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

We are very sorry to know that your experience was not satisfactory. We are sending you a private message in order to do the follow up on your case.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We just arrived back home, and wanted to let you know of my thoughts of the property and our visit.

First of all, the biggest positive you have there is the spa, the massages that we had were very good, in fact they were almost on par with Le Blanc. So we enjoyed the spa very much. But after that, my wife and I feel that things went downhill very quickly.

Room- Our first room was not in very good shape when we arrived, and the surroundings were very disappointing. In fact the grass wasn't cut till the last day we were there, it was over 6 inches tall. The accommodations and cleanliness weren't great, as I said the room was not very clean when we arrived, but at that point after a long day traveling, and not having our luggage we just wanted to get some sleep. In fact our first room flooded due to the condenser, and it took someone over 1 hour to come and fix. We asked when we arrived whether any of the rooms had ceiling fans, the person was unsure and said they would get back to us. It looks like the rooms did have ceiling fans but they were taken out, we weren't told that none of the rooms had fans till two days prior to leaving. The second room, we had to have multiple people come and fix the bathtub, TV's and other misc. things. I hope that the property does get an upgrade from what the state is in now, I wasn't expecting it to be in such state after being to Le Blanc, Beach Palace, Sun Palace and Playacar Palace this past year.

Food- The food was of ok quality, this really surprised my wife and I. Nothing really stood out, and wasn't up to the standards that we are used to at the other Palace Resorts. The deserts were not very good, in fact the cheesecake really had no taste at all. We ate at the Chinese restaurant, Mexican Restaurant and the Steak/Seafood Restaurant on the Spa side and the grill on the other side. We didn't have any "great" meals. As for drinks, we had to repeatedly ask the bartender or server for our preferred vodka, Absolut, but we repeatedly were given the house vodka. This wasn't a language problem, as I speak Spanish fluently. This was just plain laziness and lack of discretion.

Service- The service we received also was not very good. The spa and salon though were very good. Trying to get drinks, food or such while by the pool or lagoon were very difficult at times. This is not Palace Resorts to my wife and I, service is what Palace does best. I know there is a change going on with the transfer of ownership from Palace to Hard Rock, but I assumed that the service would be just as good. Also after the first few days, the service became worse as they were concentrating on getting ready for the Tupperware conference that was coming. This was definitely apparent and it wasn't just us that were saying this. We went up to the Playacar Palace twice during our stay, and the service was much better up there, as was the food. A lot of the servers and such seem to be not very happy to be there and it shows that there is some discontent with the new Hard Rock transformation. "It is my pleasure" should be not be forced, but a true love of one's job to help people. By the final day my wife and I were ready to go home as we were not happy with the service, and to us, food and accommodations can be overlooked with good service. By the time we went to check out, we had two charges on our bill that shouldn't of been, and we were told that we needed to pay these prior to leaving. At that time, I had to be a little forceful on stating that we weren't going to pay for services that weren't rendered, and to find the salons receipts that we took this treatment. This took over 45 minutes to remedy, and was unacceptable. We really wanted to love this place, as we wanted to bring our two boys, ages 10 and 7 here in February with the Grandparents also. There is so much potential there, but at this point it has really left a bad taste in our mouth.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank rlouisa

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, feedback from our guests is very important.
We are very sorry to know that we were not able to fulfill your expectations.
We are doing the proper follow up on your case and we hope to be able to change your perception.
Kind regards.