“Disappointed - resort switching to Hard Rock”

Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 4, 2012

My husband and I (and 2 other couples we know) have been members of Palace Resorts for over 7 years. This was our 4th stay at this resort, because Aventura was always our favorite of the Palace Resorts. We were never informed that they are switching the resort to a Hard Rock when we made our reservation. The service was always over-the-top in the past, but this was not the case on this stay. The service was only average, not at all what it used to be. And, the music in various areas (nail salon, a beautiful bar out on the ocean, etc.) is hard rock, rap, loud music and not the soft "islandy/Mexican" music that should go along with an island/Mexico vacation. The maid service was not good, not as clean, room service had some communication problems, and making spa or golf appts. literally took hours. There are many restaurants there and one night we walked all over to 3 different restaurants that they had decided to close because they had a large Pepsico group there and so were short handed. We were never informed of these closures so walked from restaurant to restaurant for an hour before we found one open. We wanted to golf at Moon Palace and then go for a spa treatment but they would not allow this because Hard Rock is not Palace anymore. We talked to many other patrons while there and most people said that would not be going back to this resort. Also, it appears many of the old Palace employees left. VERY SAD AND DISAPPOINTED!!

One favorable comment - the waitress in La Hacienda Restaurant who has been there 4 years is still excellent - her name is Maria Hermosillo.

We always go for 2 weeks - our second week was at Sun Palace. What a wonderful resort and top notch service that we are use to from Palace Resorts. This only emphasizes to only go to Palace Resorts - NEVER Hard Rock!
Pat & Paul

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank PatW01
Customer Servic... A, Guest Relations Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

We very much appreciate your comments and have already contacted you by e-mail.

Thank you for help us to revamp our processes in order to raise our quality standards.

Our goal is that every vacation will be a memorable one and we in Aventura Palace hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you at any of our Resorts in Mexico and the Dominican Republic.

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Reviewed February 2, 2012

The resort is large and impersonal. The food is horrible. It is, however, very well kept. My issue: the first full day, I scheduled 3 spa appointments but only after initially being told the concierge could only find me one 25 minute back massage. I wasn't having that nonsense and left with two full massages and a body scrub. More disturbing, I was told I could not book the lobster dinner. Why? because "it's for 2.". Excuse me? This is an adult only resort NOT a couples only resort. Am I eating alone so offensive to couples that I can't book a lobster dinner? Really??? Well, needless to say I have lobster dinner for 2 (and yes I had two tails, I paid for it). I paid thousands of dollars. I didn't need this level of aggravation. Shame.

Also, all included doesn't mean slop.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Kloreece

On behalf of Aventura Palace, I thank you for taking the time to send us your comments and observations about our resort. Feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us know how we are doing in terms of service and facilities.

You may rest assured that we take all of our Guests comments with the utmost importance and based on such, we take the necessary steps to prevent the occurring of inconveniences to our Guests. Adjustments are being implemented continuously to enable us to keep providing excellent service. We are confident that as a result of these actions we will continue being reliable and customer responsive. Your comments have been shared as well with key Staff in our organization, most importantly including our Management Team.

Best regards.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

My husband and I, along with friends of ours, have been members of Palace Resorts for almost 10 years. This visit to Aventura was our third stay at this resort. The other two stays at Aventura were heaven. The staff was also friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. Unfortunately this stay was horrible. The resort is in the process of being switched over to Hard Rock and the staff is shorthanded. The saying that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing perfectly fits with our week stay at this resort. We paid to upgrade our room to include extras such as the pillow menu, upgraded shampoos, pod coffee maker etc. We received none of these extras. We talked to the front desk numerous times and were told each time that they would correct the problem immediately. Nope never happened. As for getting a cup of coffee, we finally gave up after we waited over three hours. The coffee and the refrigerator items were never re stocked. We went to the Steak house for dinner...yep...they were out of steak! During one breakfast we finally went to the server station and got our own coffee cups and coffee. I thought maybe we were just the unfortunate ones that were getting poor service. However, after listening to other vacationers we learned that most of them were experiencing poor service. This is sad since this was one of my favorite resorts to stay at. Usually, I am sad to leave at the weeks end. I was anxious to go when it was time to leave. In addition, the day before we heard another couple who were checking out that they also could not wait to leave and wanted to be picked up earlier then previously booked. I will never return to Aventura.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Laurie R
Customer Servic... A, Guest Relations Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

On behalf of Aventura Palace, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us. We kindly ask you contact us at customerservice@allinclusivecollection.com for the proper follow up.

Kind regards.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

First off the ride from the airport is not so bad over an hour but not bad. Getting in and out of the airport is always easy.
Checking in at Adventura Spa Palace was easy. We had 2000 resort credits to use, so we decided to upgrade our room. And were given the choice between two different veiws and got to take the one we liked best. I don't know if they do that for everyone or just members.
The room was great as always, plus it had a few extras. Which is different depending on the upgrade you choose. We had a ocean veiw, a balcony with a hammek. It was away from the main building just in case they were busy, so that the noise would be less.
It is a big place but getting places is easy as can be. They offer lots to do for those that don't to go to town. We loved that they had a lagoon for snorkeling instead of a beach so much. They do have areas to lay out on the sand and chairs you can use. Even a private aea for members. Plenty of room by the may pools for swiming or relaxing. Even a cross current pool for exercise.
The pool bar was nice, that you could swim up to. Plus they had several events during the day that they showed you how to make drinks and let you try them out. They played games in the pool and had exercise classes for those that wanted to join in.
We tired every resturant they had at least once and loved them all. No one real favorite. Even loved the grille at the pool for doing lunch so we wouldn't have to get up and go inside.
We went to Tulum and had a great time. It is close by, so you are not gone all day.
We did not choose to go any where else cause we just wanted to relax and tha we did.
Next the relaxing at the spa. Super loved it. Mani's, peds, couple massages. It was heaven. One of the best spa's I have seen. I recommend it highly. The Spa side is just for adults, which is what we wanted, but the Cove side is for family's. And you can use things at both.
We will be returning there in the future, most diffenently.

Room Tip: You just have to look at what they have and don't be affraid to ask for one in a certain place.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank David C
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Booked via Orbitz...just as priced and planned...no surprises or heartburn!

Treated like royalty from arrival to departure. Beautiful as seen in the photos; Secluded and quiet as promised, surrounded by 385 acres of jungle. Gorgeous sunrises, excellent restaurants, professional and courteous staff. Only compliments, no complaints!! Had a great New Years Eve celebration!!

In the future, this will be a Hard Rock Resort. Will continue to be beautiful, but wonder about the peace and quiet!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to an oceanview room (3rd floor best). If money no object, get a Presidential Suite...best v...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anxiousfortuscany
Reviewed January 30, 2012

No complaints! Everything is beautiful. Best food, entertainment, atmosphere.....be prepared to walk alot as this resort is massive. If it wasn't for the fact that this resort is for couples only we would go every year. We have young kids so are forced to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Oceanview is always your best option......Higher floors are better for noise control.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ForeverMexico
Reviewed January 28, 2012

My husband and I visited Aventura Spa for our wedding in December, along with 24 of our friends and family! I can honestly say that not a single person had anything bad to say about this resort...people were blown away by it and ended up liking it more than they ever imagined!

Check-in was easy, rooms were nice (our bed was a little hard, but our parents beds were very comfortable, so no big deal really). Food was good and service was excellent!! The service in the restaurants was a little slow, but you're on vacation so what's the hurry! The workers at this resort were so kind and helpful and literally waited on us hand and foot! I started to feel bad after a while, because they were just THAT good:)

Everything with our wedding went so incredibly well...it was PERFECT beyond words. I would like to give credit to our wedding coordinator, Cristina Suarez, who was absolutely wonderful in every way!! She pulled everything together and went above and beyond what we asked of her. She should definitely get a promotion for what she deals with from brides....and she always does it with a smile. We also had an excellent waiter named Eric (he also had a helper but I don't remember his name) at Mundaca Steakhouse for our wedding dinner. Other people who provided outstanding service were Aldo and Marisol in the Cove lobby bar. We also LOVED the Spa and alot of our guests got several services done. Hugolina in the Spa did a great job on my hair for the wedding day. About 6 of us got our hair done at the Spa for the wedding and everyone was very happy with it!

I can't say enough good things about this resort...the service was incredible and everyone was so accomodating. Even though, there was no 'real' beach, the coves were alot of fun to snorkel and kayak in. We had no issues at all with it. The pools were also very extensive and we had no trouble finding an open chair.

Our favorite was the Asian restaurant...the fried ice cream dessert was just to die for!! We had our wedding dinner at the steakhouse which was good also. Breakfast was always good with made-to-order items. I'm not sure how anyone could have a problem with the food served here because there were always so many choices.

Wonderful resort that we cannot wait to go back to!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Barcelo Maya Palace
Barcelo Maya Palace
#6 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

Been to Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!