My husband and I (and 2 other couples we know) have been members of Palace Resorts for over 7 years. This was our 4th stay at this resort, because Aventura was always our favorite of the Palace Resorts. We were never informed that they are switching the resort to a Hard Rock when we made our reservation. The service was always over-the-top in the past, but this was not the case on this stay. The service was only average, not at all what it used to be. And, the music in various areas (nail salon, a beautiful bar out on the ocean, etc.) is hard rock, rap, loud music and not the soft "islandy/Mexican" music that should go along with an island/Mexico vacation. The maid service was not good, not as clean, room service had some communication problems, and making spa or golf appts. literally took hours. There are many restaurants there and one night we walked all over to 3 different restaurants that they had decided to close because they had a large Pepsico group there and so were short handed. We were never informed of these closures so walked from restaurant to restaurant for an hour before we found one open. We wanted to golf at Moon Palace and then go for a spa treatment but they would not allow this because Hard Rock is not Palace anymore. We talked to many other patrons while there and most people said that would not be going back to this resort. Also, it appears many of the old Palace employees left. VERY SAD AND DISAPPOINTED!!
One favorable comment - the waitress in La Hacienda Restaurant who has been there 4 years is still excellent - her name is Maria Hermosillo.
We always go for 2 weeks - our second week was at Sun Palace. What a wonderful resort and top notch service that we are use to from Palace Resorts. This only emphasizes to only go to Palace Resorts - NEVER Hard Rock!
Pat & Paul
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico