“Kicked Back and Funky”
Review of Latitude 20

Latitude 20
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Authentic Caribbean Grilled Seafood, Meats, Fruits and Vegetables. Tropical Bar with local cocktails, beer, wine and fresh juices. We serve the absolute Freshest Fish from the local Fishing Fleet. We specialize in Big Tacos, BBQ Ribs, Mayan Grilled Chicken and Fresh Fruit Juices. We offer free Wi-Fi, Happy Hour and good honest advise about what to do and what to see here on the Mayan Riviera.Dine In, Take Out and Home Delivery available at our Restaurant Latitude 20, on the Fishing Pier in Puerto Aventuras.
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
“Kicked Back and Funky”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Open air place with good food, good service and live music. The staff is friendly and down to earth. We now live here and take all our visitors to Latitude 20 and we have never had a bad meal or bad service. The fish tacos are my personal favourites, although there are lot's of interesting menu items.
We also have attended several cooking classes there during the peak season and Danny and staff do a great job of showing how to prepare regional Mexican dishes.
The clientele varies in ages, depending on the season. There are many families who dine there as well as the local expat crowd.
The entertainment is live and leans towards jazz, ranging from American to Brazilian.
The best part is, Latitude 20 is a five minute walk from our place. Bonus.
Don't take my word for it, try it for yourselves.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Petebob

Rapid City, South Dakota
“Excellent food, service and tropical vibe!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stumbled upon this gem earlier this week and enjoyed live music on Wednesday night along with cool drinks and incredible food. We had fish tacos (some of the best I have had in all of Mexico), jerk chicken and fresh grilled Mahi. Everything was incredibly fresh, well-seasoned and delish! We met friends again there for two more days after. Got a chance to meet the owners who seemed like incredibly guys, one of them cooked our meals, and had a blast here. Free internet and dolphins swim in the lagoon out front. Amazing!

Somerset, New Jersey
“Fun Place wirh Good food”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is by a lagoon and you sit outside and enjoy the ambiance. It is always a fun place that has entertainment and good food at reasonable prices. The taco's and grilled jerk chicken are our favorites. Uses their Chipolte sauce on the Tacos. I like the fish taco's.

Visited April 2014
Boston
“"Bad Food, Bad Service, and Bad Stomachs!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

As an owner in PA, imagine my embarrassment when I suggested we go. Two of our four entrees were sent back, one still mooing and the other ice cold. The food was barely edible and the wait staff could have cared less. To add insult to injury my husband and son had stomach issues for the rest of the evening. There are wonderful places to eat in the village and that's where I recommend you eat as well.
Latitude's crowd is 65+ too.

2 Thank ellelive
RestaurantLatitude20, Propietario at Latitude 20, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Ellelive,

When ordering a steak, you have to make sure that you know what you are ordering, know the temperaturas, if you don´t, order something else.
Our food goes straight from the grill, to your table, it is very odd that you mention it was cold, since the rest of the table was satisfied with what they got.
People don´t get sick at our restaurant, we have an open kitchen and we are very proud of our cleanliness, you can come check it out anytime.
Giving 5 star ratings to the worst places around gives poeple an idea of your "taste".
Please feel free to come back anytime.

One love
Peter Metrick
toronto
“Never Again”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband and have gone to Latitude 20 the past few weeks on Thursday to eat and enjoy the music. The first time we went, my husband had a burger which was good, I had 1/2 grilled jerk chicken. My chicken was very dry and disappointing, no one came around to ask me how it was, I ate most of it anyway and told the waitress when we paid the bill, she apologized. The next week, we went again, this time I made a point of telling the server that my chicken was too dry last time and asked that it not be overcooked. When our meals came, my chicken was again dry and overcooked. This time, I made sure that I spoke to one of the owners and told them what happened. She was apologetic and took my chicken away and a short time later brought a replacement which was satisfactory. When we got the bill, all the charges were not on it and we questioned why, we were advised that they had not charged us for the chicken because of the problem, we were told, " we take care of our customers". So the following week, we made a reservation again. Unfortunately my husband was not feeling well and I went by myself. They asked me what I wanted to drink and I ordered a beer. I kept waiting for someone to come and take my food order but no one came. 50 minutes later, I got up and left and told the owner what happened as I left.. He apologized but it fell on deaf ears. He saw me when I came in and seated me but never followed up. He was too busy talking to his friends and the singer between breaks. It is clear that the customer service is fake and the consistency of food is totally inconsistent.

3 Thank gogitoronto