“Diving with Dive Aventuras”
Review of Dive Aventuras

Dive Aventuras
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Aventuras, a PADI 5-Star Gold Palm Resort, is located in the Omni Beach Resort in the Puerto Aventuras Marina, minutes south of Playa del Carmen and north of Tulum. You will also find our professional staff in the Aventura Spa Palace along Mexico's Riviera Maya. Our dive services include hotel transfers from most accommodations in the area. We invite you to experience the lush Caribbean reefs and amazing cavern and cave diving of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. Our location is perfect for the diver and non-diver alike with white sand beaches at your doorstep, Mayan ruins, and Eco-tours just minutes away. We offer excellent dive travel deals and packages assuring you a Caribbean vacation filled with world-class scuba diving, quality lodging, and fun for the entire family.
Mighigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diving with Dive Aventuras”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Dove with Dive Aventuras for 5 days did a total of 8 tanks. Had a awesome time. The dive operation is well organized and very competitively priced. Mike was great and had no issue with me chaning my dives depending on weather. Their shuttle picks you up from the hotel and takes you to the dive shop. I dived Ocean and Cenotes groups were small, dive masters excellent. They come back between each dive, and they have bathrooms, showers and lockers. Overall a great experience.

Visited January 2014

Bronx, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Diving Cenotes”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We did 2 check-out dives in the ocean on our first day, then it was off to the Cenotes. The Cenotes are underground rivers or caverns in the Yucatan that have filled with water. This was our first time diving Cenotes, but Michel, our Dive Master did a great dive briefing and helped us to feel comfortable with the experience of diving Cenotes.

The strangest thing was the thermocline where the water gets hazy at about 30 feet. Remember to pay attention to the person you are following as you could get disoriented. It was really strange at first, but we got used to it.

The Cenotes are an experience very different than ocean diving, but really amazing.

Visited May 2013
Chicago
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“A great dive experience with Dive Aventuras”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My son and I were certified last year at the Dressel Diver shop in Playa Paraiso and on our trip to Puerto Aventuras this year, we wanted to do another dive. We spoke with Andres who set up our dive with Maximo for one of the days on our trip. We went out to a spot called Santos Reef and it was a great dive. Since we had not been on a dive in just under a year, we felt a little rusty but everyone at Dive Aventuras helped us feel comfortable and after a 5-minute talk with Maximo, we were right back on it. You leave on a small boat in the marina and go out the jetty into the sea. We had a short ride and then... 1-2-3, into the drink. The visibility is great and we saw a large puffer fish, a lobster, a bunch of stripers, parrotfish, trumpetfish, a couple of rays and a turtle as well. One of the divers saw a moray eel but he must have been by himself because no one else saw it. I was a little nervous since I hadn't been on a dive in awhile but Dive Aventuras and Maximo were so chill about it, everything ended up perfect with the dive. I wish we had the chance to go out with them again but hopefully next year. A nice little dive shop located in the Omni Puerto Aventuras with a helpful staff, nice equipment and a great attitude. Thanks for the dive!

Visited January 2014
Lake Oswego, Oregon
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great first time scuba experience, amazing staff”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was our 1st time trying scuba and although we did not get certified, the discover scuba at Puerto Aventuras was so professional and thorough we have the confidence to get the certification.

Nils, one of the owners, worked with myself and my two teenagers in a super friendly and very informative setting getting to know all the safety precautions for a about 1-1/2 hours and then it was a short walk to the boat and then we were off to do our first dive.

If you haven't dived before and its "one the list" , i encourage you try to it out, $110 for a half day in a super small group setting. Nils made sure each of us were 100% comfortable before we moved on to the next step of instruction. He is a great instructor and really good with teens.

All the dive guys/gals seem to really love what they do and we wish we could have done one more dive, so leaves us hungry to go back.

Thank so much for a great experience. :)

Visited December 2013
1 Thank 2much10s
East Lansing, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great time with Dive Aventuras”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Dove with Dive Aventuras for 5 days over the Christmas Break. The dive operation is very well organized and very competitively priced. The fellas at the shop work hard to ensure that you have a good experience. I stayed in Playa del Carmen and had to "commute" to dive; all worked out well, about an hour each way on the bus. I chose this dive operation to boat dive off a dock rather than off the beach as you have to do in PDC. In addition to my 10 boat dives in the Ocean, Nils did a great job doing a PADI Discover Scuba experience for my son and my daughter's boyfriend. Dive Aventuras does Discover Scuba every morning and afternoon and I would recommend this experience to anyone interested in diving. I liked these guys and I will be back.

Visited December 2013