“Great shop, great experience”
Review of Dive Aventuras

Dive Aventuras
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Aventuras, a PADI 5-Star Gold Palm Resort, is located in the Omni Beach Resort in the Puerto Aventuras Marina, minutes south of Playa del Carmen and north of Tulum. You will also find our professional staff in the Aventura Spa Palace along Mexico's Riviera Maya. Our dive services include hotel transfers from most accommodations in the area. We invite you to experience the lush Caribbean reefs and amazing cavern and cave diving of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. Our location is perfect for the diver and non-diver alike with white sand beaches at your doorstep, Mayan ruins, and Eco-tours just minutes away. We offer excellent dive travel deals and packages assuring you a Caribbean vacation filled with world-class scuba diving, quality lodging, and fun for the entire family.
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great shop, great experience”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We dive with this shop all the time when we are visiting the area. Truly a top notch facility, with friendly knowledgeable staff and they are excellent to work with. I always recommend them to friends that will be in the area.

Visited July 2013

New York City, New York
“Best dive company in the area”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have used several dive companies in the Playa del Carmen area and this is the best one ever. Mike, Martin, Mario and the rest of the staff are extremely helpful, very knowledgeable, and patient. This was my 3rd year diving with Dive Aventuras as the other 2 companies I've tried had old, faulty equipment, made me haul all but the tanks myself, etc. Dive Aventuras has the boat a few minutes walk away and I didn't have to carry any of my equipment, a plus in hot weather. I dove with them for 3 days and each dive (6 in all) was different. Last year we did the Ceynotes with Mario and I can't begin to describe what an awesome experience it was. I wouldn't use anyone but Dive Aventuras and everyone I've recommended them to has come back with the same comment - best dive company ever.

La Marque, Texas, United States
“Amazing experience with top-notch experts!!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I decided to learn scuba on our honeymoon. The guys at Dive Aventuras were absolutely awesome!!! Loved it!!!! -Scott & Audrie

Visited July 2013
Northern Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Helpful staff and very nice diving experience”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

While vacationing in a nearby condo, my buddy and I stopped in and reserved a few dives. It turned out they worked regularly with our local dive shop back home in the states, so we knew several folks in common and got a small discount. We scheduled for the next morning.

The staff was all very nice and efficient. They sized us for gear, then carried everything except our mask and fins down to the boat. It was nice just to step on the boat off the pier in the protected harbor, rather than getting on a boat from the beach like in other scuba spots along the Riviera Maya. It was just a 5 minute boat ride to the dive site. We had 7 divers and two Divemaster/guides, including Carlos who was great - gave us a thorough briefing before our first dive, even for the very experienced divers on the boat. The reef was very rich in both plant and animal life. We saw sea turtles, eels, a sea horse, thousands of tropical fish. After the first dive, we took the boat back to dock to get fresh tanks and restore our blood oxygen/nitrogen balance - this was a great bonus, rather than sitting on a rocking boat for an hour between dives. We were able to get a snack, use a restroom and relax while the staff took care of everything. We did not do any training here, but the facility looked well equipped with a conference room, lots of training material and a bunch of PADI Divemasters/Instructors on staff.

1 Thank VTGobbler
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing diving, amazing service”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I spent a week diving with Dive Aventuras recently, and I was blown away by the experience. I completed my TDI Cavern course and spent the rest of the time diving in the Cenotes with the amazing guides from DA. We had a group of 11 divers, who all wanted to try something different, and the staff were incredibly accomodating to our needs.

All of the guides were friendly, entertaining, helpful and knowledgeable, which along with the outstanding diving made for one of the greatest diving experiences I have ever encountered.

It may be a 30 hour journey from Perth to Puerto Aventuras but I will definitely be back again to visit the guys at Dive Aventuras!