“Very relaxing and enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ecopark Kantun Chi

Ecopark Kantun Chi
Book In Advance
More Info
$135.00*
and up
Private Tour: Tulum and Cave Adventure from Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: KANTUN CHI is an exotic and relaxing paradise situated in the jungle of the Riviera Maya, this ecopark captivates its visitors with its impressive cenotes ( water-caves) and the soft whisper of its flora. The travelers that visit the underground rivers are amazed by the crystal clear water and the millenarian rocks that create a unique atmosphere. Dive into your senses and really enjoy the Eco- Cultural tours MAGICAL WATERS, following trails through the jungle you will reach 5 unbeatable crystal clear water caves ( cenotes) full of life, that still retain the natural charm and mysticism the ancient Mayans saw in them. Five cenotes in one place! AGUAS MAGICAS / MAGIC WATERS Schedule / Horarios: 9 am - 10 am- 12 pm- 1 pm. •Recorrido guiado por 5 cenotes./ Guided tours to 5 cenotes. •Visita a un adoratorio Maya / Visit to a Mayan Shrine. •Areas de descanso ( hamacas y camastros) / Rest areas ( hammocks and lounge chairs). •Alimentos ( platillo tipico y bebidas no alcoholicas) •Regaderas, lockers y vestidores •Chalecos salvavidas, mascara( visor), snorkel •Transporte por truck ( opcional) •Bicicleta y casco de seguridad •Kayak GRUTAVENTURA Horarios: cada hora. •Incluye el Tour AGUAS MAGICAS ( con guia) •Entrada a excursion por el rio subterraneo ( con guia ) Horario del parque : Abierto de 9 am a 5 pm todos los dias
Helsinki, Finland
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very relaxing and enjoyable experience”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Place was nice, quiet, relaxed and unrushed. There was only dozen of other tourists around and we had the cenotes almost all to ourselves.

The guided tour was very good and our guide, Julio was very knowledged about everything and was happy to answer our dumb questions.

Place was beautiful, well maintained and the staff was helpful and nice.

We got a full package deal through their website with an offer of 20% off from the actual prize. It included transportation from the hotel and back, cave adventure, lunch an access to all cenotes. 126 U$D for two persons was very reasonable for that.

Only the online booking was not functioning well and I had to double-check it by calling and eventually going to their office in Playa del Carmen in order to confirm the service. Thankfully it was around the corner, but it could be a problem for someone outside Carmen 'cause the lady on the phone spoke pretty poor English. Also the driver was 25 minutes late from the pick-up in the morning. Other than that this is a highly recommended spot and deal for anyone seeking natural beauty and serenity from the hectic playa life!

1 Thank TuhoJuho

Montana
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Realistic Review!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I just explored this past this past week and I would like to address several issues I have seen in previous posts. Yes, there are 2 different options here. One is an 'on your own' thing for 29.00, the other is a guided tour for 59.00. If you take the 59.00 tour they give you a mask and rubber booties to wear. Once your tour is over they take them back from you. The tour itself takes about 45 minutes, it is quite nice. Truth is, if you are not taking the guided tour, I really see no use in going to this park. Also, if you take the 59.00 tour you do get a free lunch. It's not so great of a lunch, but it is lunch.

There are lockers to store your valuables, they do provide life vests, there are plenty of bathrooms. I would add that if you are not able to walk about and maintain your balance, the guided tour can be tough as surfaces are uneven. While I am happy I can say I have done this, I must say that 59.00 is a bit much for what you get. Again, if you are not doing the 59.00 tour, I just do not see any reason for going here. The things you see on the guided tour will not be seen on your own.

The park was nearly deserted when we were there. Yes, the road down to this little park from the main road is not so nice, but, it is how you get there.

6 Thank MontanaMan59
Saint Jerome, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“natural wonder”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This place is not advertised from nearby hotels so it was not recommended by tour operators. We were staying at Barcelo Maya and walked right from the hotel. It is just across the street and the road is relatively easy to cross. The cost is 59$ per person for underground river and access to the 4 cenotes which are all beautiful.
The visit started with the caves and underground river. Really amazing. We have been to Xcaret and Jungle Maya but this is the place we preferred because it was unrushed and our guide Oscar was very friendly and patient.

The place is private property and is well maintained. Nice paths in the jungle between each cenotes. The caves have artificial light so you can appreciate the size.

Beautiful caves, small passages and dry caves make this an awesome place. We did not see deers on the park as advertised but they were working in that section.

The included lunch consisted was special and good ( chicken cooked in leaves )

Very nice natural place! a must for those who seek nature!

1 Thank cri696
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Don't miss this!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Our guide Oscar made the trip through the underwater lakes and caverns absolutely magical! Our group was only my husband and myself and 3 others, and we never felt rushed or like we were being herded; it was awesome!

1 Thank Spellr
Maple Ridge, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“WHAT A RIP OFF!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

So after taking a collective to the gate of Ecopark Kantun Chi – Cenotes we walked down the dusty road for 3 or 4 minutes to find the Entrance to the park. The person working asked us if we had a reservation.... Um no we replied. So she turned on a video for us to watch and after that she asked us what price we wanted.... $59us or $29us? Well what's the difference we asked?
She told us that the difference was that for $59 we would be guided through the cenotes and have lunch at the end of the tour and the $29 we would get to see everything but no guide and no lunch.
The cheaper one was what the four of us decided on, so we paid $58us per couple and proceeded to get our life vest and booties on. So because my shirt was a little damp I decided to use the hanger my life vest was on to air it out while we were exploring so I hung my shirt in a tree and went back to the lady at the till to let her know about my shirt. Right away she wanted to know why I/we had put on the water booties??? So if she was confused well we were even more confused that she didn't want us to use them...... Then she explained that you only needed them to go on the GUIDED TOUR..... That's where you go underground to a Cenote plus the open air cenotes. So right about now not only me but my brother inlaw is getting confused with what we paid for???
The Lady now tells us that we've only paid for the open air cenotes and not the underground one. But earlier she had told us that the only difference was that we wouldn't have a guide and no lunch at the end??? So ya maybe you're a little confused too, anyways we asked her for our $58us back per coup a land were told NO! Even though we hadn't gone anywhere or seen anything she wouldn't give us our money back.
So there was no way we were going to pay her any more, but we went and looked at the cenotes,4 in total. Sure they were nice but not worth the price.... Ya know maybe if it was just me looking at this but there was my brother inlaw there and he's a very easy going guy and even he was a little taken back when we requested our money back and were told NO! So I guess we should have used a credit card to pay because then we might have had some protection from the old "Bait & Switch"
As for the above ground cenotes they were nice but the one I/we had in the centre of our resort at "The Reef Playacar" was very nice and didn't cost anything to view so would I recommend Kantun-Chí: Ecopark Kantun Chi – Cenotes NOT A CHANCE!
Keep your cash in your pocket and go see some free Cenotes...... We should've!

Terry A.