“Don't miss this!” 5 of 5 bubbles

$135.00*
and up
Private Tour: Tulum and Cave Adventure from Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: KANTUN CHI is an exotic and relaxing paradise situated in the jungle of the Riviera Maya, this ecopark captivates its visitors with its impressive cenotes ( water-caves) and the soft whisper of its flora. The travelers that visit the underground rivers are amazed by the crystal clear water and the millenarian rocks that create a unique atmosphere. Dive into your senses and really enjoy the Eco- Cultural tours MAGICAL WATERS, following trails through the jungle you will reach 5 unbeatable crystal clear water caves ( cenotes) full of life, that still retain the natural charm and mysticism the ancient Mayans saw in them. Five cenotes in one place! AGUAS MAGICAS / MAGIC WATERS Schedule / Horarios: 9 am - 10 am- 12 pm- 1 pm. •Recorrido guiado por 5 cenotes./ Guided tours to 5 cenotes. •Visita a un adoratorio Maya / Visit to a Mayan Shrine. •Areas de descanso ( hamacas y camastros) / Rest areas ( hammocks and lounge chairs). •Alimentos ( platillo tipico y bebidas no alcoholicas) •Regaderas, lockers y vestidores •Chalecos salvavidas, mascara( visor), snorkel •Transporte por truck ( opcional) •Bicicleta y casco de seguridad •Kayak GRUTAVENTURA Horarios: cada hora. •Incluye el Tour AGUAS MAGICAS ( con guia) •Entrada a excursion por el rio subterraneo ( con guia ) Horario del parque : Abierto de 9 am a 5 pm todos los dias
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Don't miss this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Our guide Oscar made the trip through the underwater lakes and caverns absolutely magical! Our group was only my husband and myself and 3 others, and we never felt rushed or like we were being herded; it was awesome!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Spellr

Maple Ridge, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“WHAT A RIP OFF!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

So after taking a collective to the gate of Ecopark Kantun Chi – Cenotes we walked down the dusty road for 3 or 4 minutes to find the Entrance to the park. The person working asked us if we had a reservation.... Um no we replied. So she turned on a video for us to watch and after that she asked us what price we wanted.... $59us or $29us? Well what's the difference we asked?
She told us that the difference was that for $59 we would be guided through the cenotes and have lunch at the end of the tour and the $29 we would get to see everything but no guide and no lunch.
The cheaper one was what the four of us decided on, so we paid $58us per couple and proceeded to get our life vest and booties on. So because my shirt was a little damp I decided to use the hanger my life vest was on to air it out while we were exploring so I hung my shirt in a tree and went back to the lady at the till to let her know about my shirt. Right away she wanted to know why I/we had put on the water booties??? So if she was confused well we were even more confused that she didn't want us to use them...... Then she explained that you only needed them to go on the GUIDED TOUR..... That's where you go underground to a Cenote plus the open air cenotes. So right about now not only me but my brother inlaw is getting confused with what we paid for???
The Lady now tells us that we've only paid for the open air cenotes and not the underground one. But earlier she had told us that the only difference was that we wouldn't have a guide and no lunch at the end??? So ya maybe you're a little confused too, anyways we asked her for our $58us back per coup a land were told NO! Even though we hadn't gone anywhere or seen anything she wouldn't give us our money back.
So there was no way we were going to pay her any more, but we went and looked at the cenotes,4 in total. Sure they were nice but not worth the price.... Ya know maybe if it was just me looking at this but there was my brother inlaw there and he's a very easy going guy and even he was a little taken back when we requested our money back and were told NO! So I guess we should have used a credit card to pay because then we might have had some protection from the old "Bait & Switch"
As for the above ground cenotes they were nice but the one I/we had in the centre of our resort at "The Reef Playacar" was very nice and didn't cost anything to view so would I recommend Kantun-Chí: Ecopark Kantun Chi – Cenotes NOT A CHANCE!
Keep your cash in your pocket and go see some free Cenotes...... We should've!

Terry A.
Port Coquitlam British Columbia

Visited January 2014
7 Thank Terry A
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

It was not overcrowded, which was great! Christian was very nice to talk to! Can jump off the 6 meter cliff into the cenote, and/or rent an inflatable tube to float in the cave. Loved having the fishies "kiss" my feet!

Visited January 2014
Cumberland Foreside, ME
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Be sure to pay the extra for the underground tour. It was amazing. I was traveling with my husband and two boys (ages 7 and 9) and it was really exciting for all of us. We have traveled many times to the Yucatan but had never experienced anything underground. Our guide, Caesar was great. He combined knowledge and humor to keep all entertained. He took a group of us (approximately 16 people) and made sure he gave us plenty of time to encourage questions and comments.
The grounds were fun to explore as well, but without the underground expedition you might feel let down.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank sara t
Moncton
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“A very relaxing experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

We were recommended this eco park by the concierge at our hotel, who said that it was much quieter than other cenote parks in the region. Boy, was she right. It was, in fact, silent. We had the whole place to ourselves, which was amazing! We did learn very quickly, that there was a reason for that though. We arrived quite early, and were given lockers to store our belongings in. The entrance is very misleading as the grounds at the front seem well kept, and the main building is well-done and completed. We were given life jackets and snorkel gear to go into the underground cenotes. We were guided down a ladder, straight down into the earth! (as if there's any other way, really). Once your eyes adjust underground, you see that there is an expansive denote, surrounded by colourful lights and statues (which are a hideous and unnecessary addition to an otherwise beautiful view.) Stalactites and stalagmites abound, it is stunningly beautiful! The water was crystal clear, fresh, and incredibly deep! The guide led us through a maze of tunnels, from one cenote to the next, all of them very beautiful! It was not as claustrophobic as I had expected, though there are a few tighter areas that got my heart pumping. After we did the underground cenotes, we went off on our own to explore the partially covered cenotes. There is a trail leading all through the jungle, from one cenote to the next. They are all very beautiful as well, though not quite as clean due to leaves/grass/dirt/ falling in them. The park appeared to be in a state of construction, as there were half formed buildings and activities all over the place. The largest cenote was very spacious, with kayaks available to paddle around in, and platforms to jump off of. It was slightly off-putting as there were builders working on a construction for the park nearby, and when we arrived they stopped working and just sat and watched us. Creepy? A bit. Once we left the main entrance area and went off exploring we couldn't help but feel slightly unsafe. The trail led pretty far back into the jungle, and we didn't see another park employee the whole time. If one of us had been stung by a scorpion, or bitten by a snake, there's no way we would have been able to alert help in time. The park, while under construction, is not very safe for children, but I would recommend it for teens or 18+ looking to get away from all the screaming families. An interesting little spicy chicken meal was included in our ticket, which was surprisingly delicious! We then lounged around on the hammocks and played ping-pong until our transport returned. We enjoyed the day, but the price was VERY high considering the state of development, and there were a few uncomfortable animal abuse issues spotted throughout the park as well (i.e- bone thin horses, and a monkey tied to a dirty platform with a leash around its neck).

Visited February 2013