“Wonderfull!! Wish I was still there and want to go back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort

Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Minneapolis
“Wonderfull!! Wish I was still there and want to go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2007

..Me and my Girlfriend stayed from Feb 21st - 26th and loved this hotel! It makes the top 3 of my life! Staff were very friendly and spoke good English. They were willing to answer any questions we had. The grounds are kept immaculate with constant maintance as I saw some cement work near the pool and painting on the front posts. No heavy construction on or around the hotel or anything bothering just usual maintnance. I used to work in a hotel and I know full well that this is a must of any hotel to keep it's name. We were in a garden level room so no beach view but that was ok. We had a full sized hot tub on our patio outside that takes a lil while to fill but it worked perfectly, we had palm trees all around kind of like our own little villa! The room was clean all over, no mold, dust or dirt of any kind. The floor was beautiful tile but with small rugs by the bed and complementary hotel slippers your feet never even feel a chill. The bed was a little hard but nothing to worry or complain about as far as I go, but if you are sensitive to what you sleep on you might want a little softer bed. The sheets seemed fine to me and I don't understand the complaints that they were scratchy? The central air worked perfect and there was a overhead fan over the bed that we used at night with the patio door open it was perfect just lying there and listening the the ocean waves! Almost no bugs as you are close to the ocean and there is a constant gentle sea breeze! The pool was beautiful with multi layers, shallow for kids and aprx 4.5 ft for adults. I think there is child care/babysitting service and kids never bothered us even with the hotel fully booked. I did not see cracks or any breakage on the grounds anywhere. I'm not a interior design professional but I was very impressed in all the decor and mellow ambiance of the lobby all the way to the beach! Beach was beautiful and kept clean. You can still see a few sand bags from the hurricane but that was no bother. It was a lil small but we never had a problem finding a spot! We saw small fish while exploring on the rocks to the side leading up to the pier making the small bay the beach is in. The hot tub/bar was adults only and very nice to sit in and have a drink after swimming in the ocean. they offer food, a bit pricey but market prices of the surrounding restaurants in the town. We chose the magic box breakfast which was always on time and very good! hots were hot and clods were cold! and very fresh and tasty and always just a little more than we needed for breakfast. We were not on all inclusive so we did not eat at the hotel restaurant but it looked good. There is a tour company next to the front desk and many tour agencies just a few steps across the street in the town. Front desk was very helpful in assisting with any arrangements we needed for rides our tours. The ride into the town at first was a bit of a zoo but it's still developing under construction and you can't blame anyone for that can you? I enjoyed very much walking around and eating at the local restaurants. The dolphins were great to watch! we saw two baby dolphins and manities and seal! there is also a museum nearby I enjoyed very much and recommend. All in all this is defiantly one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at and would consider it in the running for 5 star. We left almost everyday on tours so the Euro plan is a bonus to save on meal expenses. And coming back could not have been any better! More than what I feel I need or am used to but I loved it just the same and feel a little bit spoiled..I would recommend this to anyone traveling there just to stay at this location your whole vacation or as a good point to be on for exploring the Mayan Riviera. We went to Isla Mujeres, Xel-Ha and Tulum! Everything was fantastic. My only complaint is I wish I had made more time and stayed a few more days! any questions you can email me at darkeyesbd@yahoo.com

Stayed February 2007
10 Thank darkeyesbd

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2006

The hotel was fine. Nothing luxurious. The bedding was a bit worn - sheets were thin and scratchy (certainly not 100% cotton), standard hotel issue polyester blend bed spreads. The beach towels and bath towels were great though! And plentiful. The room was decent size. Not as big as some reviewers would have you think though. We had a two double bedded room and there wasn't a lot of floor space given the two beds. The jacuzzi on the balcony is basically a large bathtub with jacuzzi jets. It takes an hour to fill. Don't bother. I wouldn't recommend a room facing "the village" - you will have to be willing to fall asleep to bad karaoke from Gringo Dave's each night. The dolphin show and experience is a nice touch. My boys loved seeing it each day and finally talked us into letting them participate. While it is certainly convenient that there is a "village" full of restaurants steps outside the hotel, it is a bit like living in a mall. Imagine shop after shop selling postcards, tank tops and sombreros. This is the town. The nicest restaurant - Tira misu - is a 3 out of 10. Xenote at the Omni is quite nice, but way too expensive for what it is. The staff are accomodating - nice, friendly, slow. The beach is almost non-existent. It is supposedly 1/3 the size that it was pre-Hurricane Wilma. We were stunned. They are keeping palm trees and tables in place with sandbags. They are losing. The beach will be gone in 5 years completely. The pool is wonderful - warmish, but not too warm, large. The hotel only has 30 rooms so it is rarely crowded (they do sell daypasses). The "village" is really a collection of dozens of condo complexes facing a rather scruffy boat harbor. Smelly too at times. There is nowhere to walk. You cannot walk to other resorts - the harbor geographically isolates you.

I would not go back, to be honest, due to the location in "the village." I'd rather stay at a real resort or in a real town. This halfway situation was not terrific.

Stayed December 2006
12 Thank MinneapolisMamma
Marin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2006

We stayed at the Omni in November and absolutely loved it. We were blessed with perfect weather so spent a lot of time under one of the palapa's of the Omni's semi-private beach. The hotel has a lovely pool but the water of the Carribean was so warm that for us it was all we needed. This was defintely a restful holiday for me and my husband. The staff were extremely nice. We felt very well taken care of. The hotel restaurant served great breakfast but the dinner menu and quality could have been better. No matter, we ate at Paco's Taco's and in Playa. Most of the restaurant's in Puerto (be aware) did not know good food, but we were there for a restful vacation and the Omni will see us again.

• Liked — The privacy of the beach
  • Disliked — The beds were very hard
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't expect great food
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
7 Thank ajschreiber
Pittsburgh, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2006

We planned our destination wedding from Pittsburgh. We have been to PA the last 4yrs in a row for vacation & decided the Omni would be a beautiful place to get married. I couldnt thank the staff at the Omni enough for their outstanding service. Everything turned out Perfect! It did rain on our wedding day and the staff quickly moved everthing to the restauraunt indoors which turned out to be just as beautiful. I have read some negative reviews on the Omni which had me worried but I can honestly say I woulndt of changed a thing. I had the wedding of my dreams!!!!

Christy R Pittsburgh,Pa
CHRISTY8227@YAHOO.COM

• Liked — Location, not very crowded, small friendly resort
Stayed November 2006
7 Thank Christy82776
Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2006

We stayed at the Omni Puerto Aventuras for 8 days Sep 2 to Sep 10th, and loved it.
The Omni hotel was perfect for us, although we did have a little trouble finding it and had to ask someone. When we first drove up I thought “oh no, this could be bad”. BUT once we checked in it seemed quaint, and then when we saw the room it was wonderful. The reception area is open air under a large palapa and it looks a little rustic. The room was big and comfy, with teak side board, entertainment center, table and chairs and large closet doors. It has lots of space to put your stuff. The bathroom was through frosted glass doors, with a huge shower area surrounded by romantic white curtains, opening out on to the patio through glass doors. The room had glass doors going out onto the patio with a Jacuzzi and table with chairs. The king sized bed had an egg crate pad on it, which made it quite comfy. The TV had about 6 English channels, and the air conditioning worked well. Ours was the closest room to the pool, about 20 steps from our little patio, through a short tunnel of greenery down a curving path to the pool. The pool is multi level with lots of nooks and crannies and several bridges. It is a small hotel with 30 rooms right on the beach, with the best beach in the area, (least amount of rocks). My husband is on crutches and was able to move around well but didn’t have to walk too far for the pool or the beach.
The restaurant El Xenote had excellent food with a large variety. My favourite was the Mexican variety plate and my husband loved the seafood stuffed poblano pepper. The breakfast is included and had a great variety, good food.
The hotel is located right on the beach but also right close to the little shopping area. There are little shops across the street from the Omni, also their are shops and many restaurants surrounding the lagoon with dolphins, and the marina area. We tried the golfing at the little 9 hole golf course, which played long and was nicely landscaped.
The dive OP Dive Aventuras is located right in the hotel and is so convenient, I would walk 30 steps from my room to the dive op then walk 3 or 4 minutes to the dive boat, 3 to 5 minute boat ride out to the reefs and then dive, return to hotel for the surface interval and then repeat. It would be the perfect set up for those with non-diving spouses. The diving was awesome, lots of fish, beautiful coral, warm water (84 –88 degrees), excellent visibility and hardly any current. We saw turtles several times, an eel, a sea horse, lobster, ray, barracuda, huge puffers and tonnes of fish.
We will be back.

• Liked — quiet, clean with a nice pool
  • Disliked — just one restaurant
  • Tips/Secrets — get a car and see the area, go to Xel Ha and Tulum
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
20 Thank scubabum
MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2006

My overall stay was very enjoyable. I had never traveled outside the US before and it was a nice experience. I was with my two sisters and two friends. I went with a very open-minded attitude and it was very relaxing. The hotel is small and it was very quiet. I had never experienced a hotel whos check-in desk is outside. They have one bar, one pool-bar and one restaurant for those of you interested in the all-inlcusive. The check-in process was easy and relaxing. We were served ice cold Sol beer(you cannot get this unless you are checking in...they dont carry it at the bars or restaurant.) The staff was very helpful and extremely friendly. The pool was always clean and tidy. We tipped quite a bit. Our drinks were always tasty and served quickly. They make wonderful pina coladas. They only ran out of pool towels once but a short time later they were restocked. We were all-inclusive so it did get quite tiresome eating at the same restaurant three times a day for four days. The food was ok but I never expected a gourmet dining experience(beware the sour cream). We never ran into lots of kids or practically anyone, must have been the time of year. We pretty much had the hotel all to ourselves. The pool bar was under construction so we didnt get to enjoy that part but it looked like it was going to be very nice when finished. We layed out mostly at the pool. The beach was very small, beautiful and had soft white sand. When we wanted to lay out on the beach we just asked someone bring out lawnchairs, tipped one dollar and the drinks started rolling out to us. Overall it was a very nice experience, if you have a little extra money..dine at another restaurant in the area once or twice to get a change of pace. Our room didnt overlook the beach it faced the town and lagoon with the dolphins. They have a jacuzzi (bathtub) out on the balcony. The hotel got us taxi cab rides to Playa Del Carmen for $15.00 each way. Not bad if you are splitting it three ways like we did. Its fun to haggle the prices when out shopping. Keep in mind that what the mexicans think is a 5 star hotel is probably a 3 star to Americans. If you want some piece and quite and tasty drinks and a friendly staff this is a great place to come.

Stayed August 2005
16 Thank XHappy_VacationerX
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2006

We spent in this hotel a week in the last week of July. This is a small hotel with a relatively limited property but it has all one needs for a relaxed quiet stay, including a beach, two pools, gym, bars and a restaurant. We like to travel around by car while keeping a comfortable base to return to at the end of the day. The Omni is perfect for this. It hosts mostly family crowd, without noisy drunken revelers, so you can rest and feel cozy and at home, and you can actually sleep early if you are planning an early departure next day without. The staff is very friendly; food is good; rooms are comfortable. If you ask for a room with the ocean view , you will pay more -- but you will have hammock on the balcony on which to swing and from which to watch the waves. This is an enclosed gated community -- majority condos + two hotels. There is a little town built around a marina (with beautiful dolphin pools) where you can walk (one block) to eat in one of a dozen restaurants and do some shopping. From Puerto Aventuras, it is close by car to the points of interest south (Tulum, Coba, various sinkholes or cenotes) and north (Xcaret -- a must see, including a fabulous 7 pm show -- Playa del Carmen, and Cancun if you must).

• Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple