We just came back from having our wedding at Hard Rock Riviera Maya. We had about 80 guest that celebrated with us our special day.
The resort was absolutely amazing, loved all the amenities, the restaurants, the resort credits, the free wifi and the staff were just great. Salvador at the front desk and Luis at the Heaven side Cabanas were on point with their customer service and ability to familiarize and accommodate themselves to the large group I had there for my wedding. Doris was the hairstylist that did my hair and makeup on my wedding day and although I had some doubts like any bride she was absolutely AMAZING!! My makeup came out better then the sample picture I showed her. Her personality and smile also had a great impact on me, by the end of my appointment we were all crying because of how happy she had made my special day.
The wedding was great despite the wedding planner, Lilia Levet's, lack of professionalism. No one noticed the details that were missed because they didn't know, but since I had been speaking to her and planning my wedding for over 9 months I noticed the details and that really upset me.
1. The day of the wedding she did not communicate with me at all, she had previously said she was going to pick my girls and I at 4:40pm since the wedding started at 5pm and by the time I realized it was 5:10pm and she had not even communicated anything to me. I had to hunt her down and then she came by around 5:30ish and made the wedding start at 6pm. She said she didn't come earlier because there were not enough people but as I explained to her, letting me make that call would have been preferred. Again no communication with me at all. This maybe would have not upset me if I had not paid $500 for an extra hour that I added on to the wedding that I did not get to enjoy.
2. I had asked for coral flowers on all the tables to give it a touch of color since the table covers I paid for were beige. When we showed up at the dinner all the flowers were white, when I confronted her about it she acted as if I had never mentioned that to her. I told her I had her confirmation on an email and her response was "I will have to double check my correspondence." No apology or anything, just blatantly calling me a liar.
3. I had purchased some seashells that I took with me and given to her to put all around the flower arrangements on each table. I had spoken to her about this during the planning of event via email, telephone and also when I arrived we verified everything with her. Of course none of the tables had any seashells and her response as to why was that "she didn't have time!" That really upset me because she just delegates the work, i'm sure she doesn't do everything herself.
4. We had given her a list and also the front desk of our guest that were coming to the wedding that we were going to be paying for. One of our guest was charged along with her husband and they also charged us, she said they were going to be giving them their money back but they were not refunded.
5. I had asked for all vanilla cake and paid for an extra tear which was $100, as to my surprise the cake that David and I cut was Carrot cake!!! I absolutely hate carrot cake!!!! and that had to be the cake that we cut. The second layer was some cheese cake as well, so the whole entire cake was not what I asked for. When we confronted her on it her response was that the chef messed up and in the future that won't happen again. Which is great another bride won't get the same surprise but in my case that excuse did not help me in any way.
6. The room upgrade because of the number of guest we had was a joke! The upgrade to the room that the balcony looked into a wall was an upgraded pillow! Which we didn't do much sleeping due to the hectic schedule we had so that was useless. I was really hoping that we would had been upgraded to a larger room so that my girls and I could get ready there. I had to get ready at my friends room because although she did not pay for any upgrades, her room was a lot bigger with the view of the ocean.
Due to the number guest we had and trying to thank everyone that came we did not have time to see Lilia Levet the next day nor did she try to contact us to apologize in any way. I contacted her via email (since she does not answer phone nor does she have a voicemail) and asked if we could arrange a meeting with her before we left. She wrote back and gave us a time of that evening but David and I were at dinner and didn't see emails until the next day. She then gave us a time of Tuesday morning before we left, we went to talk to her about all the negatives listed above and at that time she said a different story about the flowers. I am assuming she read her emails and saw that she did confirm a different color. She said that the flowers were ugly and brittle and she sent them back and asked for white, I told her that was my call to make and she could have easily called me or sent me an email so I could verify what I wanted. She said that there was not enough time. The excuses for everything else were the same as above, either there was not enough time or they would make sure is done right in the future. Her apology was not sincere nor did it have any value in our eyes at that point.
Now those are the negatives and they all have to do with the lack of professionalism, customer service and enthusiasm from Lilia Levet. The resort was amazing and the wedding was amazing, everyone was crying of how beautiful everything was. I am very happy we chose Hard Rock Riviera Maya as our wedding venue but they need to be more prepared for a wedding. Not sure if more training or hiring people with planning experience would have made this day better for us.
Although everything was beautiful to everyone else, to me it was lacking all of the details I had planned and envisioned for months. I am very upset at the fact that Lilia's apology came out as an obligation.
I would recommend Hard Rock Riviera Maya for a great vacation spot but until they get a better grip on their wedding planning skills I would not recommend having a wedding there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is the 1,264-room Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. And this is where luxury meets satisfaction on a stage of stunning tropical views, a private white sand beach, and exclusive saltwater snorkeling areas. It's all capped off with an inviting traditional design, legendary Hard Rock hospitality, and undeniable excess at every turn. Live large at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya and enjoy the very best of paradise for all. Or, pack your appetite for opulence and hit Heaven - an elevated and exclusive retreat for adult guests only featuring a private adult beach, superlative amenities, and dining at its finest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Cove Palace Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras, Mexico