“Second trip since becoming hard rock”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hard rock in November. While there was still construction going on it was NEVERan inconvenience. The food was great and generally all the staff were great. While we did have a problem with our room, remember they had just reopened the rest of our stay was great. If you go to have a good time you will. We have booked again for April, bringing along our son and his girlfriend with us this time and while we have separate rooms we are all looking forward to having a great time. I will post when we get there if we are disappointed but I don't think so

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Margaret M
René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Hi Margaret M,

Thank you for sharing your experience, on behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya I would like to thank you for your great review and high recommendations. I am really glad to see you had a terrific time and that you are actually coming back within a few weeks for another Rock Star vacation. See you soon. ALL IS ONE.

Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Write a ReviewReviews (10,656)

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Having visited the other three HARD ROCK Resorts , (Punta Cana, Cancun, and Puerto Vallarta) I was very curious to see the resort at Riviera Maya (formerly Adventura Spa/Cove). Arrival and reception were excellent and the greeting by Rosy and her staff made us feel right at home. Although there is no beach here, the lagoon offers a clear venue where one can bath in the ocean in a very protected area with the fish. The cabanas and small sandy beach are quickly booked in the morning as these spots are covered.
The entertainment crew kept things upbeat and the shows could use some improvement.
The resort is divided for an adult section(HEAVEN) and a family section (HACIENDA) where there is a great Kids Club and entertainment and supervision for children throughout the day.

The Spa was a highlight for me and my wife. Luis Martinez and Alberto Paris gave us unbelievable service. Guest services helped us to meet all of our needs..kudos to Danialle and Ester .
The new French restaurant drew us there for dinner for three nights. The hostess, Brigida, waiters Hermelindo and Edwin, and the Sommelier Edgar made each evening an EVENT.

Two butlers that served us (Jose and Carlos) were very attentive and were the best that we have experienced at all of the Hard Rock resorts.

Before I left, I had the privilege of meeting Rodrigo del Toro (hotel Manager) and Roberta Ortiz (Sales Manager). Both of these gentlemen assisted us in every way they could including having one of the new SKYVIEW TERRACE Suites where your spa is located on the top level giving you a magnificent view of the ocean and the resort while relaxing in your hot tub with a mood modifying beverage in your hand.
Although there were still some renovations taking place, they were minuscule and did not stop us from having a fantastic week at the Riviera Mayas.

Room Tip: Skyview terrace if you like great ocean view.
4  Thank GaryM523
René M, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear GaryM523,

Thank you for your great review. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay from the beginning to the end and that so many members of our staff made you feel like a true celebrity. Be ensured that Luis Martinez, Alberto Paris, Danialle, Ester, Brigida, Hermelindo, Edwin, Edgar, Jose and Carlos will know what a great job they did at making your stay unforgettable. I am happy to know that you enjoyed at the fullest our new sky terraces and I hope we will have the chance to host you soon, once again here at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya.

Wow...where do I start?
We have just returned from the best vacation we have ever had! ( and we have had many)
We were a party of 12 adults we were all there for our wedding. Accompanied by our 5 adult children ( all in their 20's) and friends.
Edith, our wedding planner was delightful and so much help.
We stayed on the Heaven side and loved every bit of it. Aside from the lobby area being a little bare everything else was perfect. The service, the beds were so comfortable, the resort is so clean, the check in was great, the food was good, the excursions we did were hilarious and the service level was top shelf!
Eddie by the pool is absolutely amazing! He kept us laughing all day every day! The live band was amazing as well by the pool.
I just cant say enough good about the HR Riviera Maya ! We are already planning our next trip for same time next year!
Feel free to contact me if you need any more information! dawnjewell6@gmail.com

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Hi Dawn M M,

I am very pleased to see that you had a wonderful Rock Star vacation. On behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Rivera Maya I would like to thank you for choosing our resort as the stage for your weeding. We love hearing feedback when our staff members provide a service that rock; thank you for mentioning the service from Edith and Eddie. We are looking forward to welcome you again next year for another excellent experience. LOVE ALL, SERVE ALL.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I paid for 3 rooms over a 2 week period and 2 of the 3 had jet tubs that didn't work… the internet never worked and so on… The staff is friendly and the place is very nice… But they did not give me the room I paid for and I had several other issues that were never tended to…

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
René M, Gerente at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. This office is aware of your dissatisfaction; I am personally concerned about your experience at our resort; on behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your visit. I would like to have the opportunity to change your perspective about our resort reason so I'm going to have a specialist contacting you via PM to address your concerns and I can assure you I will be on the top of the situation. Best regards

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I recommend you pick a different hotel. Check in time is 3pm. We didn't get our room until 7pm. We had arrived at the resort at 11 am fir a special event and wasted our whole first day trying to get our room. They kept telling us it wasn't ready and to come back to the desk in an hour. We stood in long lines every hour 4 times. They told us the people had not vacated our room yet. I am sure there was at least one clean and empty room out of 1600 they could have put us in!!
When we did get our room there was a half consumed bottle of water in our refrigerator. They never refreshed any pop, water or beer until our 3rd out of 4 days. They were very stingy with towels. The WIFI did not work in our room. I had to go to the lobby to get WIFI. There were large crickets in our room. We were on the 2nd floor and most of the elevators didn't work so we carried our suitcases up and down the stairs. The resort is large. There are two lobbies. We were close to one but had to go all the way to the other one to exchange any money. They made us check in and out in the convention hall so we had to drag our suitcases at least a quarter mile on cobblestone walks. Overall, not a great experience for $500.00 per night. we actually moved our bed to the opposite side of the room each night because the air conditioner blew straight onto us at night which was miserable. The in room safe battery died TWICE so we had to wait for maintenance to open it to get to our belongings and money.

2  Thank Cathy D

Esteemed guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Your comments are much appreciated. This office is aware of your dissatisfaction, I am personally concerned about your experience at our resort. On behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your visit. Please allow us to have the opportunity to change your point of view about our resort. I will have a specialist contacting you to via PM to address your concerns and I can assure you I will be on the top of the situation. Once again thank you for your feedback, best regards.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

After reading all the bad reviews we were very apprehensive on what to expect. We stayed in the "Heaven side". Our rooms were excellent, with the exception of water leaking from the shower. We were very impressed to have ocean view rooms. Housekeeping was below average for a 5 star resort. Buffets were well stocked with a good selection. Ala cartes were great. Serving staff were excellent for the most part. Victor in the Spanish resteraunt made our first night a great experience. Premium liquor throughout the resort was very nice to have. Entertainment at the pool was a lot of fun. It is great to see guys that really love their job. Massages were fantastic as was the golf at Playacar on the resort credits.

There is still construction going on but it was fairly limited. Our only complaint with that was hearing a tile saw operating at 1 AM for about 10-15 minutes.

Overall a very nice resort. Would be fantastic if there was a beach!

I hope to return and see the finished product

1  Thank Gord F
René M, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Hi Gord F,

Thank you for sharing your opinion. We try our best to accommodate the requests of all our guests, and are glad that we could exceed your expectations this time. Thank you for mentioning Victor and the entertainment staff by the pool, I am going to tell them how great they did to make of your vacation a great experience. It is wonderful that you are planning to come back. We will roll out the red carpet for another Rock Star vacation.
Kind regards.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

If you are accustomed to the type of service and luxury offered by Palace Resorts, you may not be happy here. The rooms were nice but not much higher quality than a Holiday Inn. We were bored stiff after 3 days and switched to the HR Cancun. Then the vacation really began. The service was beyond exceptional, the rooms were amazing and the food was so much better than the Riviera Maya. I must say though that this more of a party resort and many of the woman wear next to nothing in the way of bottoms and the night life clothing isn't much better. Very young crowd. I would likely stay at a Palace Resort instead if we took the kids ever. Bottom line-skip the Riviera Maya unless you want mid level service, food and rooms. One huge perk is the spa. If you stay there make sure you understand how the Hydrotherapy room works ect. Well worth making a spa appointment.

2  Thank flowerandkevin

Esteemed guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your comments are much appreciated. This office is aware of your dissatisfaction; I am personally concerned about your experience at our resort. On behalf of Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your visit. I would like to have the opportunity to change your point of view about our resort so I will have a specialist contacting you via PM to address your concerns and I can assure you I will be on the top of the situation. Once again thank you for your feedback, best regards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
Fairmont Mayakoba
Fairmont Mayakoba
#9 of 217 in Playa del Carmen
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Ri...
#2 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#5 of 217 in Playa del Carmen
14 mi away
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#34 of 217 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!