First things first, we payed extra for the Deluxe Ocean View Room - which was a HUGE disappointment!! It was a PARTIAL VIEW! All Ocean View Rooms are only promised 'partial ocean'. Next time I would just get the Deluxe Garden or Resort View. It was a huge rip off.
The rooms themselves were comfortable. With a huge jacuzzi tub in the room. The balconies have a hammock and chairs. They come with little refrigerators and a coffee maker. And your own personal bar. They re-stocked every day! Except for our coffee cups, they didn't restock that - which was weird!
However, the resort itself is absolutely beautiful. The beaches are not super soft where you can enjoy the gentle lapping of waves. It is a man-made cove area that protects a little lagoon area where you can snorkel and kayak. Mind you, it is VERY small! There are sister resorts that you can visit that have better beaches.
The location is kind of remote, however, it felt very secure and was only about a $15 cab ride to Playa Del Carmen. The size of the facility was impressive and the resort next door just seemed like an extension of it. The place next door was the Aventura Spa Palace. It was basically the same thing but an adults only resort. You could easily walk between both. We did at first not realizing that they were two different resorts!
They had a nice variety of restaurants - from sushi, Mexican, to steak house, buffets, and Italian. The wait times were absolutely ridiculous though!! We waited almost over an hour to eat our sushi one night. We put our names in and waited over 45 minutes with then waiting another 45 minutes to get our food. We could not believe it. It seemed like they were WAY understaffed or something. We had better luck at the buffet restaurants.
The staff were incredibly friendly, warm and always smiling. I was really impressed with how great the service was. I just think that they didn't have the kitchen staff to get the food out fast enough.
Cleanliness - our rooms took forever to get cleaned (another understaffed situation?). However, the restaurants took great care in cleaning the eggs before they cracked them open to make omelets and they served unlimited supply of bottled water.
The value: Free food - free alcohol. So, we could eat anywhere for free on the property. That was amazing!! We ate ourselves sick with sushi and steak and fish. It was amazing. The guacamole was to die for good! They had premium alcohol for no extra cost. That was so surprising!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is the 1,264-room Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. And this is where luxury meets satisfaction on a stage of stunning tropical views, a private white sand beach, and exclusive saltwater snorkeling areas. It's all capped off with an inviting traditional design, legendary Hard Rock hospitality, and undeniable excess at every turn. Live large at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya and enjoy the very best of paradise for all. Or, pack your appetite for opulence and hit Heaven - an elevated and exclusive retreat for adult guests only featuring a private adult beach, superlative amenities, and dining at its finest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Cove Palace Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras, Mexico