“MUST DO TRIP!”

Riviera Maya Catamaran Adventure
Ranked #8 of 37 Tours in Puerto Aventuras
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: During our 4 hour Catamaran tour we cruise the coast for approximately 1 hour each way dropping fishing rods out the back of the Catamaran so you may get lucky with the catch of the day! When we arrive at a secluded bay you will enjoy fantastic snorkelling seeing lots of marine life including turtles, sting rays and a variety of tropical fish. On our way back we will also stop in a gorgeous natural swimming pool. We provide you with all of the snorkelling equipment plus the tour also includes music, snacks of sandwiches, chips and cookies with an open bar of beers, rum, vodka, rum punch, soft drinks juices and purified water! We can cater to weddings, events, and business events if guests are looking for a different itinerary, we can always discuss it and do some modifications. They can play their own music and bring their own photographer on board. We can accommodate up to 80 guests with the 2 catamarans we have. Please contact us to check out our competative prices!
Reviewed November 21, 2009

From start to finish the crew could not do enough, my drink was never empty, fresh fruit was served as soon as we left the marina. The view was fantastic as we sailed, the snorkel guide Oscar made the trip so memorable, then we had a much needed light lunch and more drinks..... the net was an experience like never before and the "Beer Bobbing" at the end was genius! I wanted to do it all over agin but I will have to wait for next year! Can not recommend this enough, fun for all ages!!!

2  Thank English_Sun_Seeker23

Reviewed November 3, 2009

Booked this trip on-line the day before we went, and SO glad we did!! Non-stop fun and the crew is phenomenal!!, especially Oscar (aka Jack), who had endless information about the area and diving; very interesting and QUITE a character!
Drinks are served from the minute you board til the time you pull back to the marina (usually don't start @ 10AM, but when on the Fat Cat.....), and a simple lunch. Snorkling was fabulous, and the ride on the nets was fun, just watch you bathing suit bottom, it can get away from you!
Would definately do this again next time we're there!!!
Till the next time!

5  Thank Flotravels
Reviewed July 20, 2009

This was the most fun thing we did on our trip in May. We took our 4 year old son along and he loved every bit of it. The crew was great, especially the host that led the tour. The snorkeling was fun and the catamaran ride out and back was extremely relaxing.

2  Thank altadog
Reviewed June 25, 2009

I was married at the Catalonia Riviera Maya on June 12th and as a gift to our guests we decided to take them on an excursion. After a few weeks of research we decided on the Fat Cat and decided to do the private charter. First of all, Arlene was so wonderful and easy to work with. She helped me arrange the private excursion via email and was always responsive. When we arrived at the resort she made the trip to see us and we got the opprotunity to meet . She was very helpful and took care of setting up a shuttle for those guests that couldn't walk to the marina. As a matter of fact, when I was out on a walk I had stopped in at the office to pay for the charter and heard numerous people coming in and thanking the crew and office staff for the amazing afternoon. One woman said she would be back again next year as she had the year before.

Once on board, the crew was amazing. I don't think my hand was ever without a drink and that goes for the guests too. They even served great snacks during the trip. The crew were fun, informative and the trip was amazing from start to finish. The guests had a great experience snorkeling at one of the small inlets they took us too and riding on the boom net was a huge hit. We stopped on the way back to swim at another area near the marina and it was non stop laughs! It was honestly a fantatic trip for the entire family.

If you do one excursion then I suggest this. It's fun for all ages!

4  Thank LADUNAWAY
Reviewed October 16, 2008

After doing some research on things to do around Playa del Carmen - I came across FatCat Sailing and Snorkeling.

Our main tour guide was "Terrance" - he was GREAT.

If you love the ocean water and a boat ride this if for you. Our tour was 4 hours. We loaded up on the catamaran - there was about 25-30 guests plus 4 crew people.

You start off sailing about an hour to an area for snorkeling. The view is very tranquil and pretty. While you're sailing, several people can sit at the front of the boat and catch the waves. If you like to get soaked sit up front. It was sooooo fun. They constantly come around and offer you drinks. They serve you fresh fruit in the beginning. Once you arrive at the snorkeling area, they gear you up and off you go. It was amazing. My husband and I haven't snorkeled before so when we ducked our heads unders the water, I could have stayed there all day. So many beautiful creatures. They let us snorkel for 45 minutes. They share this area with other tour sites. So don't be surprised by seeing other tour boats. If you don't want to snorkel, just lay out in the sun for a bit.

After the snorkeling, they served lunch. You got a choice of a cheese, ham or tuna sandwich, chips and cookie and don't forget all the drinks you want.

Once lunch was done, the catamaran releases a net in the back and you can jump on it and ride. The only problem with this, if you have a 2 piece swimsuit on - your bottoms might come off. Mine did and you can't hold on to the net and try to keep your pants up. But it was fun. I was laughing so hard trying to pull up my bottoms and staying on the net, one of the guides had to hold me in place or I was gonna fall off.

We sailed back towards the marina where we anchored the boat and swam for 30 mins (wearing our lifejackets like diapers) and drank some more.

Loved it Loved it Loved it - 10 stars from us - we'll do this again next year too

10  Thank hamccormick