“Not what we expected”

Riviera Maya Catamaran Adventure
Ranked #8 of 36 Tours in Puerto Aventuras
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: During our 4 hour Catamaran tour we cruise the coast for approximately 1 hour each way dropping fishing rods out the back of the Catamaran so you may get lucky with the catch of the day! When we arrive at a secluded bay you will enjoy fantastic snorkelling seeing lots of marine life including turtles, sting rays and a variety of tropical fish. On our way back we will also stop in a gorgeous natural swimming pool. We provide you with all of the snorkelling equipment plus the tour also includes music, snacks of sandwiches, chips and cookies with an open bar of beers, rum, vodka, rum punch, soft drinks juices and purified water! We can cater to weddings, events, and business events if guests are looking for a different itinerary, we can always discuss it and do some modifications. They can play their own music and bring their own photographer on board. We can accommodate up to 80 guests with the 2 catamarans we have. Please contact us to check out our competative prices!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Having been on a few catameran trips around the caribbean I though I had a good idea of what to expect but I was very dissapointed with the service recieved. One member of staff in paticular was extremely rude and made the snorkling trip horrific actually shouting at members of our party multiple times when the current dragged us ahead of him 'stay behind me, dont come to me when you get hurt' are just a small selection of what made us all feel extreemly uncomfortable and actually sucked the fun out of this trip. At one point I was cleaning my mask and he told me in a patronising and aggrsive tone that 'snorkling is better with your head in the water' which is patronising considering i've snorkled and dived all over the world. This guys attitude made the whole trip feel like an army expedition. This is a completly honest review and I wouldn't be this negative without reason, we went in high spirits and left deflated and slightly upset. Such a shame as we paid a lot for very little. Oh and no boom netting as advertised.

Visited October 2012
5 Thank suzimalloo

north east
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Brilliant Afternoon - Do it!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We booked the FatCat as a family trip (me, boyfriend and his parents) and all of us had an absolute blast. Our transfer to the marina was quick and comfortable and we had 20 minutes to kill wondering around and looking at the Dolphins - fab.

When we got on the boat the crew were brilliant. The main guy was Canadian - can't remember his name but he worked so hard making sure we all had a great time. The safety briefing was fun and the atmosphere on board was a party one but without being pushy or 18-30's if that makes sense?

It was a little rough going out but we were encouraged to sit at the front and get drenched which we did and loved - not so good for your beer though. When we stopped to snorkel I thought it was explained really well so even first timers felt comfortable, he took us to a reef where we saw a baby starfish and swam with a sting ray (amazing experience). My boyfriends parents did not snorkel but said that the staff on the boat were great with them keeping them going on the drinks and having a laugh with them. After snorkeling came our packed lunch and more beers/ rum punch with a healthy amount of sun bathing, It literally was heaven. Our last stop involved us jumping into the sea with life jackets as nappies and bobbing about being thrown beer :) Really nice end to the trip. To sum up the staff were amazing and the trip was really good value - I would recommend going out in the afternoon though - we were all a little tipsy when we got back. My boyfriend said it was the best day of his holiday and if we hadn't left it so late in the fortnight to go we would have rebooked. Do not miss this.

Visited October 2012
winchester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“had a great time”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had an excellent time on this tour. we did the double tour with the dolphin swim in the morning then onto the cat in the afternoon. Safety was the first thing in mind with the operators and then the fun started. the crew were all very helpful and we had a girl on our trip who was sea sick and they all looked after her very well and still made the trip enjoyable for her. We also had a couple of people, my husband included who were not very strong swimmers but were shown how to still enjoy the day. Plenty of sea, swimming and drinking but in a controlled atmosphere and never felt any danger at all. Would reccomend to all ages and swimming abilities.

Visited September 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent, great value”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We booked this trip through Thomas cook on the joint booking where you swim with dolphins.
Absolutely brilliant.
The catamaran experience is not to be missed. We did the adult day and it was so much fun. As one of the posts said, the main guy did the safety on board speech in a fun way that didn't make you want to jump off board because you were bored stiff. He made sure you had enough drinks and collected all of your waste. Music is played along the way giving it a party but relaxed atmosphere, if that makes any sense!
Lunch and drinks are provided.
45 mins snorkelling with a "follow me everyone!" from the main man. He is good fun but knows what he's doing and tells you the dos and donts of snorkelling before you get in.
Another 40 mins is spent at this harbour where drinks beer is thrown to you. It is such a laugh!
The owners are British and are very friendly.
I loved my day out with their crew and would recommend anyone to do this excursion. 100% happy with the price and the experience. I cannot thank the owners and their staff enough for making my last day in Mexico so memorable :)

Dorset
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“So much fun - just do it!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I did this 2 days before the end of our two week holiday and I wish we'd done it sooner as if we had the time we would have definitely done it again before we left! Cost $95 booked through First Choice/Thomson and I think that's a very reasonable price for the experience. It included transport to and from our hotel in Akumal. This really is one of the best excursions I've ever done. We went on the adult only day.

You get a photo taken as you board the boat which you can purchase upon your return if desired for $15 I think.

The vibe is laid back and relaxed and just generally fun. Everyone is there for a good time and it showed that everyone was having a blast. The staff are incredible, especially the main guy, whose name I can't remember - he hustled so much bringing everyone drinks and collecting rubbish and making sure everyone was happy.

You get taken to a lovely spot where for 45 mins you can go snorkelling in a group, just have a swim or stay on the boat. I chose to just have a swim and got back on the boat. How lovely just bobbing around peacefully in the turquiose Caribbean Sea.
After this you all go back on the boat and provided with lunch (sandwich, crisps, granola bar etc) while you go to your next destination - a little harbour where you all can jump off the boat and bob around whilst drinking bear that the staff throw to you in the sea! It's a riot! Then it's back to the dock and home. Takes around 4 hrs in total

Can't recommend this enough. It's all about fun - even when the staff are going through the safety stuff it's done in a fun way so that it doesn't bore you to tears!

A great experience that I would do again and again and again!

Visited August 2012