“Average. Not great, average.”

El Almacen Del Bife
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fray Diego de la Magdalena & Juan de Onate
Description: La casona que alberga este almacen, nos recuerda aquellos otros que dan ambiente en Buenos Aires a los viejos almacenes de Puerto Madero. Fue edificada a partir de bloques recuperados de fincas de la Ciudad de Mexico, que en su tiempo vivieron una tardia colonia y el lujo del Porfiriato. Las cabrillas que sostiene la techumbre, fueron forjadas en 1890, segun proclama en su piel el propio hierro, lugar perfecto para comidas de negocios o placer, rodeado de calidez y confort.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I'm not as impressed by this restaurant as most folks seem to be. Don't get me wrong - it's not a bad place, but I got nothing that seperates El Almacen out from any other dime-a-dozen steakhouses.

I started with a beer; both my companions and the waiter highly recommended the on-tap, locally made porter. That sounded good to me, and *still* sounds good, but I never got a chance to try it, since they were out. Sigh. Negro Modelo it is. We got a chorizo-and-cheese appetizer, which was the high point of the meal. Lightly spiced sausage, a wonderful sauce on the cheese, warm tortillas... if everything had been like the appetizer, this would be a five-star place.

Alas, I also ordered the carpaccio, which is a dish I love, and isn't that easy to find. The carpaccio here was not unlike a piece of roast beef lunchmeat. Which is not a terrible thing, but neither is it carpaccio. I can get a whole package of roast beef at the supermarket for like 35 cents a slice, so this was pretty disappointing.

I had a burger for my main course. It was fine, but nothing you can't get at just about any brewpub/grill/yuppie eatery anywhere. Average, in other words, which is pretty much what this place is.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Dear Fernando,
I wish to thank you for the immense hospitality you personally offered the golfing group from Malanquin Golf and Country Club of San Miguel de Allende on August 15 at Restaurant Almacen del Bife.
Your recommendation of Todos Los Jueve complimented with Elegido 2011 Rezerva Privada made it a truly 5 star evening for us.
One more thing, I wish all who may view this review could have had the experience of seeing you, the following morning, driving up in a golf cart at the 3rd hole at La Loma Golf & Country Club at San Luis Potosi with a complimentary lunch for our group.
SOME EXPERIENCES CANNOT BE REDUCED DOWN TO LANGUAGE.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have visited El Almacen del bife more than 5 times in the last 3years.
Every time the experience has been awesome.
The food is fantastic and Almacen offers a wide food variety.
We revisited Almacen last week. The best part was the Flan. It is not on the menu but do ask for it and enjoy the awesome dish.
Definitely visit at least once during your SLP visit. Only call make prior reservations by either calling them or online.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great Argentinian cuts and impeccable service make this restaurant a must. Great starters, followed and steak and fries. Could skip desserts as they were not worth it.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Visited with a number of business associates. Found staff to be very attentive and seem to speak or understand sufficient English. All the food was very good. I had ordered a sirloin, but was served a filet - i didn't complain as it was excellent. I recommend this for any reason, unless you are on a budget. not the cheapest place to dine.