See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 14, 2017

Owners are very cordial, friendly and staff members are service oriented. Clean and spacious rooms with fans to freshen-up your sleep. Nice decorations but bathrooms are not well maintained.

More than a hotel, it is a nice family-owned country side ranch with all the basics to feel at "your own place". I have to say that I do have mixed feelings with their value promiss: is it really a hotel? Mmmm.... don"t think so. I rank it more like a ranch for rent with staff. Or maybe... maybe a B&B. Spa? ..... not really: This is more an added word to the name just to make it attractive, but really bring down your expectations.

Look: I've stayed at country, roustic, distant places with a 5 stars quality overall. Here it is a "just fine" place which lacks proper towels, bathroom amenities and a restaurant (you'll find a dinning room and an outdoor kitchen which is OK though not open unless you ask for it) but clearly NOT a restaurant. Unfortunatelly I did not get the expected return for the price I payed, most specially for food. I have to confirm other guests reviews: food is not bad, but is expensive. My overall impression is that it is a little bit of an overrated place.

A final note: Rioverde has nothing to offer itself!

Room Tip: Lower your expexctations...
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank MSalazarH
Reviewed March 10, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here during my first visit to Mexico after a week in Mexico City

This pretty little hotel set back from a tiny town couldn't have been more of a surprise when we finally arrived after a long drive!

The people greeting us were friendly and chatty (in either English or Spanish) and could not be more accommodating. I am vegetarian and we were concerned what I was going to be able to find to eat. Our evening meals for the whole weekend were provided and catered for both me and my (very) carnivorous boyfriend!

We took two incredible day trips as part of the stay and had so much fun with he other two couples who were there at the same time.

Rooms were clean and spacious (but you need to allow a few minutes for the shower to heat up!) and far better than you might expect for such an off-the-track location.

I would love to stay here again and couldn't recommend it more highly!

Thanks for an amazing time

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2016

People are nice and welcoming at the hotel. The hotel is in a beauty spot with peaceful garden and plantation. The atmosphere is nicer than in a big hotel. The tour was well organized and pretty cool.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 8, 2015

In the tiny town of Rioverde, one expects the bare essentials in a Hotel. This is not the case with La Malacca! From the INCREDIBLE property to the attentive staff La Malacca was top notch. They provided great meals and fantastic accommodations for our three night stay. Moreover, the tours they provided were exceptional with great local knowledge that made for a truly unforgettable experience. Special thanks to Franco for giving the scoop on great adventure activities (Rafting, waterfalls etc.) and Goyo forgetting us there and back in one piece! A++

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2014

A very charming hotel that guarantees a nice holiday. The rooms are clean, the personal and the owner very nice and attending and the general atmosphere of the hotel and its installations invite to relax and chill.

PS: Try their hamburger, it´s prepared with their own recipe and it is delicious!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple