“Nice surprise”

Holiday Inn San Luis Potosi Quijote
Ranked #25 of 47 Hotels in San Luis Potosi
Reviewed April 8, 2014

A colleague had booked this Holiday Inn as we needed to be in San Luis Potosi for a factory visit.
So I had no expectation whatsoever about the hotel.
It’s located on a very busy road but inside you get a pleasant surprise as the rooms are motel kind of style but located in a very nice garden with a huge swimming pool. Once you’re in, you forget the heavy traffic at the front of the hotel.
In fact it’s very easful to get up early in the morning and walk through the garden towards the breakfast room while the birds are singing.
The room itself is basic but did contain everything I needed for one night so that did not bother me.
Breakfast & diner in the restaurant were more then OK. And the friendly staff made the picture complete.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Despite of a check in problem where I was informed that only smoking allowed rooms where available (even informing at reservation I would like a non smoking one), and a long time to confirm the room availability the staying at this hotel was very good.
On Wednesdays they have a happy hour with beverages and some food as courtesy. The breakfast is very good also as the dinner with very good food.
Well located with a shopping mall just accross the road.
Recommend for business or leisure trips.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Lousy Service, they missed my laundry !!, Non even considered as an IHG Rewards Member.
When I asked for my laundry, they didn'tknow where was it !!!!
They kept me on the phone for about thrity minutes trying to solve the case of the "missing laundry"
I prefer to stay at the Courtyard Marriott.

Room Tip: Stay at the Courtyard instead
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Luis Potosi Quijote, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear JOSEI29,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We have stayed at many other business class hotels in San Luis Potosi, and to tell the truth we have finally found what we were looking for both for business and leisure while staying at the capital.

From check in to check out everything is 5 star. The Holiday Inn staff is incredibly friendly and they really go out of their way to ensure you have a nice stay. After only a few stays we feel as if we are at home while staying here.

We had a renovated room which was very modern and spacious for the 3 of us. I called up and a mini frig was delivered for free. The hotel is in a perfect location right across the street from a major shopping mall. Very convenient access to their food court and stores along with a Cinema. There is also an OXXO mini mart across the street if you wish to purchase your own beer, sodas, or snacks to take back to the room.

The hotel grounds have to be the nicest in all of San Luis Potosi. While we were relaxing in the pool I had to wonder if we were really in San Luis Potosi and not Puerto Vallarta. I really love that they have a jogging track on the hotel grounds. I have made good use of it on several occasions along with many other guests. The Gym is also top notch with both free weights, stair climbers, and several treadmills.

Breakfast was pretty good, I have had better at other hotels, but there were lots of options available and if you wish you can ask for quesadillas or omelettes at the small niches by the buffet area.

FREE AIRPORT PICKUP AND DROP OFF. An outstanding value! they even gave us a free ride in their van to the bus station when we left.

My only complaint about this hotel is that the pool is heated during the summer months.
It's simply too hot in July. I know it gets a bit cool at night in San Luis, but I just cannot see the need to heat the pool to 30-31 C when its 30 - 34 C in the daytime during the summer months! I really wanted to cool off in the pool after a long hot day as was very disappointed. In fact that hot water in the pool killed any desire I had of swimming laps or even relaxing and hanging out in the pool with my kids. In fact we have not been back into the pool in 2 subsequent trips, since its unpleasant to be hot again when you have been hot all day long.

Kudos for the hotel for the Wed night happy hour! It was a pleasant surprise to be invited to this event - Free drinks and hor dourves really shows how far the Quijote goes to give their guests a welcome and enjoyable stay.

We will be back many a time!

Room Tip: I have stayed in several wings and all of the rooms are good. Its really not necessary to spend the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RangMX
PatriciaV127, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Luis Potosi Quijote, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear RangMX:

Thanks so much for take the time to write these comments, for us It is pleasant to hear satisfied guests like you. So sorry for the unique complaint that you have, the tempeture for the water. I hope that you return soon. Hotel Holiday Inn San Luis Potosi Quijote is waiting for you! Cordially yours Patricia Véliz Alemán

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend with friends and we really enjoyed it. We booked a room pet friendly, and to our surprise, the room was quite spacious, with a king size bed and a great bathroom. It also had a small counter with a dishwasher sink, a microwave and a coffee maker which was helpful to have dinner or breakfast in room.
The facilities are somehow peculiar because our room was aside from the main building, but you can park your car right outside of your room, which is convenient. The surroundings were nice, the pool was within a walk from our room and the tennis court was also close; you can even ask to the front desk for a pair of rackets and balls to play, although if you lose one, you have to pay a $50 MXN fee for each lost ball.
We also ordered breakfast to the room, there is a menu to choose form and you can select time and additional items to the ordinary options. The food was good and well served portions, we even share two breakfast among three!.
The pool is very recommendable and there are available towels at front desk.
The location is nice; if you have a car you can get in five minutes to the historic downtown and there are several grocery stores near the hotel, like Soriana or WalMart.
It is a good hotel, good quality and the staff is very kind and solicitude to take care of the need of their guests.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Estimado anne_lune:

Thanks for your time to write us and for choosing this hotel. I hope that you return soon! we are waiting for you. Our goal is serving you efficiently. Cordially yours Patricia Véliz Alemán.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I had to spend over 40 days in SLP in 2011 and had the option of where I stayed. If you have to spend an extended time in SLP and you have a choice, this is the place to be. It would also be great for a night or two. I stayed at several other locations that are near to this ( Holiday Inn Express, nicer and cheaper, but with no soul..the Courtyard, neither and no soul). If you want a lobby bar - then this is the place to stay-Abel and Pancho will be your friends in no time. Just ask the friendly concierge to make your stay more enjoyable, he is willing and able. This hotel to me feels like a time bygone- everyone is willing and able to make your stay as enjoyable as you want it to be.

Room Tip: Try for a ground floor walk out room
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GooddogMasonCity_Ia
Reviewed April 12, 2012

do you need a place to relax??? give this hotel a shot; there is one thing take you own pool towls, I did not like signing papers to borrow towels.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple