“Good business hotel”
Review of Quality Hotel Expo

Quality Hotel Expo
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fornebu
Reviewed June 5, 2014

A relatively new and good business hotel. Normally ample parking, very good service at the front desk. Breakfast buffet is good, rooms are good while entertainment a bit limited.
There is a gym although like many other hotels they have chosen to stick it in the basement. With the number of travelers wanting to exercise I simply can not undestand that hotels do not make it more attractive.
I pick my hotels based on good availability for training before or after the workday.
Unfortunately the hotel next door has no facility at all (Scandic Fornebu).

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed there because of the proximity to the work and it was a business trip but is a really nice place to stay and eat. Amazing restaurant at night and very good breakfast. Hotel staff helpfull. You can buy the bus ticket at the front desk.

Room Tip: some of the rooms are really far from front desk, so if you do not want to walk ask for a room near...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed there because of the proximity to the work and it is really a good experience.

This hotel was newely opened and the facilities are very modern, spacious room and clean bathroom.

It took almost 5 minutes to go from the reception to my room since the hotel itself is a long, C-shaped building with the reception at one end, there is unfrotunately no elevator/entrance from the other end of the building.

Breakfast is OK but not more.

If you want to take the public transport (31 or 31E towards Lysaker and Oslo City Center), do not go out from the main entrance, instead go out trhough the back door (through the Aker solutions' part of the building) to save some walk.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I am currently in one of the rooms, and the desk is vibrating from the bass music from the bar. If I were in Ibiza, trust me I would be happy, but this is supposed to be a business hotel (it is close to 01:00am now, Tuesday). I contacted 30min ago the Reception, and got: " Oh, it's from the bar, eerr, do you need ear muffs?" No I don't need! "Well soon the music will stop" Well, It didn't.

As it can be seen my review is quite subjective, but is a real life experience.

Despite this, the hotel rooms are with all a business traveler needs, and the room coffee machine is great add-on (not a bad idea to use it now actually).

Room Tip: Take a room far from the bar (either horizontally or vertically).
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank DinevB
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Happy staff without being over the top. A clean, well presented hotel with everything a business traveller requires. Very close to my place of business. Lovely view of the lake. I thing having the sun out also helped !!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Service was excellent particularly Magnus and the Reception Staff
Super cleanliness
Reasonably convenient to area we wanted to visit ie Stabekk Tennis Club
Will definitely book again when visiting next year.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Reviewed February 19, 2014

It is a good property with absolutely no service orientation. I reached hotel around 1 PM . Since I had requested for early check in , I thought it is OK. The stiff faced receptionist told me that they did not receive my request. When I requested him about any possibility of early check in ,the receptionist told me rooms are not ready till 3 PM. I requested him about possibility of at least one room getting ready. It looked to me that he was annoyed with my request , responded to me by saying " Didn't you read in your e mail that check in time is 3 PM". Having travelled across the globe, I asked him again , When I further insisted, then he told me that if I need room immediately, I need to upgrade my room. Since I was so tired , I went ahead with my upgrade paying hefty sum. His total lack of empathy and service orientation increased my pain much more than the additional money I was forced to pay.

When I came down for lunch, I saw the place was full. I was surprised. I tried to go there . One person told me that it is lunch place for office employees of a company which is attached to hotel. Then I saw that the building has two different entrances . one entrance will lead you to some office and another entrance is to hotel.So careful when you want to take little walk around the lobby .

Rooms are small and with minimum amenities. They have standard Lux shower gel but when i tried to use it , it was empty . similarly hand tissue box was also empty. This reflected the quality of house keeping .

Breakfast spread was good. Restaurant has limited choice with exorbitant prices.

It is close to beach other than that there is nothing interesting close to hotel . In winter it is a difficult place. In case you need to have some thing to bite , you can walk to Statoil gas station which is about 1 km.

If you are a seasoned traveller and If you have choice , please avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank globalTravelbee
Henriette A, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Expo, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. Firstly, I want to apologize for not fulfilling your expectations. Your comments about the service and information from the staff is noted and will be put in action. This is not how we wish to be perceived by our guests. We hope that you will give us a chance to change this impression of the hotel and that you will stay with us again

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fornebu
Scandic Fornebu
Scandic Holmenkollen Park
Soria Moria Hotel
Soria Moria Hotel
#30 of 102 in Oslo

Been to Quality Hotel Expo? Share your experiences!