“Good property but bad service”
Review of Quality Hotel Expo

Quality Hotel Expo
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fornebu
UK
“Good property but bad service”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

It is a good property with absolutely no service orientation. I reached hotel around 1 PM . Since I had requested for early check in , I thought it is OK. The stiff faced receptionist told me that they did not receive my request. When I requested him about any possibility of early check in ,the receptionist told me rooms are not ready till 3 PM. I requested him about possibility of at least one room getting ready. It looked to me that he was annoyed with my request , responded to me by saying " Didn't you read in your e mail that check in time is 3 PM". Having travelled across the globe, I asked him again , When I further insisted, then he told me that if I need room immediately, I need to upgrade my room. Since I was so tired , I went ahead with my upgrade paying hefty sum. His total lack of empathy and service orientation increased my pain much more than the additional money I was forced to pay.

When I came down for lunch, I saw the place was full. I was surprised. I tried to go there . One person told me that it is lunch place for office employees of a company which is attached to hotel. Then I saw that the building has two different entrances . one entrance will lead you to some office and another entrance is to hotel.So careful when you want to take little walk around the lobby .

Rooms are small and with minimum amenities. They have standard Lux shower gel but when i tried to use it , it was empty . similarly hand tissue box was also empty. This reflected the quality of house keeping .

Breakfast spread was good. Restaurant has limited choice with exorbitant prices.

It is close to beach other than that there is nothing interesting close to hotel . In winter it is a difficult place. In case you need to have some thing to bite , you can walk to Statoil gas station which is about 1 km.

If you are a seasoned traveller and If you have choice , please avoid this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank globalTravelbee
Henriette A, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Expo, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. Firstly, I want to apologize for not fulfilling your expectations. Your comments about the service and information from the staff is noted and will be put in action. This is not how we wish to be perceived by our guests. We hope that you will give us a chance to change this impression of the hotel and that you will stay with us again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lee-on-the-Solent, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed here 4 nights on a business conference in January 2014, comfortable hotel with good facilities, but nothing more spectacular to say. Food was OK, Room was OK, Staff were OK. I just dont understand the Norwegians obsession with tiny beds, wood floors, lack of refreshments in the rooms (tea/coffee etc). I did not like the exposed concrete walls in my room, but thats just personal taste I guess. Overall though there was nothing to complain about in the hotel, it was just OK.

Room Tip: There is not much to see and do around the hotel, so there is no particular choice of rooms. Go for...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Frederik L, Manager at Quality Hotel Expo, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Half of all the hotel rooms have carpets in the hotel rooms and all superior rooms have coffee and tea facilities. Next time you can ask for a room with carpets at check in, and if you want to upgrade your room to a superior room, that is of course possible.

Hope to see you back again soon.

Hotel Manager
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have traveled to more than 40 countries and stayed in tens of hotels east and west and I can easily say it is one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had.

First, the location of the hotel. There is almost nothing interesting close to the hotel. Even the hotel does not give any catalog or information about you can do in the city or area.
Second, the service is non existent. There is no room service. I checked in on Sunday and the only restaurant there opens at 5 pm so I had to be starving before being able to go to the restaurant. When I went there I asked for a copy of the menu and they said they don't have and they don't do room service.

Third, the room is a joke. The bed width is around 50 cm so I was scared all time while sleeping to fall from it. There is no closet. There is only a very tiny space that would fit around 3 hanging shirts. No place to put your shoes. Mini bar has very few items. The TV channels are very few and hard to find anything to watch, it does not really suit someone from outside the country

Guest Services. You will be lucky if you get your phone call answered.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Hisham C
Frederik L, Manager at Quality Hotel Expo, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Hisham,

Thank you for your review, although I would like to point out some wrongful information that you write about our hotel. The reception has maps and brochures about Oslo and they also have city guides that we give out to guests. In every hotel room there is an information brochure that explains about the immediate surroundings. On Sundays, Waynes Coffee opens at 11 am and they serve warm and cold sandwiches along with wraps and premium coffee. Waynes Coffee close when the restaurant opens so that there will always be a food alternative for our guests. No need to starve on Sundays. We have many copies of the restaurant menu and I find it very strange that we did not have a menu. We do not offer room service, but offer our guests to take the food with them to the hotel room if they do not wish to eat in the restaurant. I am not sure if you know how big 50 cm is, but no beds are 50 cm wide, not even in Norway. The smallest beds we have at our proberty are 92 cm wide. Minibar and TV is pretty standard when it comes to Scandinavian standards. I would like to point out that we are not a 5 star hotel. We are a modern conference hotel and do not have traditional 5 star service that you seem used to.

Please contact me at frederik.lindvik@choice.no for further information or complaints.

Hotel Manager
Oslo
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here for the Depeche Mode concert in december. It is right across the street to the arena and have a large parking garage in the basement. The standard room that we had was well furnished, the bed was comfortable and everything was clean and nice.

We did not preordre a dinner reservation, so it was full when we decided to eat - we can only blame this on ourselves and decided to go to the sandwich bar. It is not a part of the hotel, and not a culinary experience to write about. There are not many restaurants in the area, but a lot of people ordered pizza and ate in the bar area.

Nice bar to hang out in while waiting for the concert to start and a five minute walk to the arena.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Frederik L, Manager at Quality Hotel Expo, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review and hope to see you back for another concert at Telenor Arena.

Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Lovely clean hotel with a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Nice views despite being in a built up area.
All of the hotel staff very friendly.
The food variety available in the restaurant is very good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Frederik L, Manager at Quality Hotel Expo, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. Hope to see you back at the hotel soon.

Oslo
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Visited this hotel with wife and two kids. Had a large room with extra bed and view of the sea side. Room was nicely decorated with a coffee machine and a large tv. Very comfortable bed.

The only negative aspect we met throughout this stay was that it was no wifi reception in the room.

Tried out the fitness room, which was very good when compared to other business hotels. Usually a fitness room is a bike and rowing machine. This was surprisingly good.

Breakfast - large selection of food. Very good standard.

Empolyees - very friendly both at the reception and the breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Frederik L, Manager at Quality Hotel Expo, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review and that you enjoyed the stay at Quality Hotel Expo. All rooms at the hotel should be covered with WIFI access and we will look into why this not worked in your room during your stay.

Best regards, Frederik Lindvik
Drøbak, Akershus, Norway
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel is good for business meetings. Interior is very modern and food is good, but not excellent. The hotels common areas gets very noisy when there are many people. The hotel should consider noise mitigation measures. Only about 15 minutes to Oslo city center, and buses are frequent. No spa or workout facilities, but nicea area for walks and jogging.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your nice review. We do have a rather large gym availible for hotel guests and access card is obtained in the reception. As for the challenges with acoustics in common areas, this is something that will be improved this month.

Hope to see you back at Quality Hotel Expo.

Best Regards, Frederik Lindvik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fornebu
Scandic Fornebu
Sentrum
Hotel Christiania Teater
Thon Hotel Oslofjord
#1 of 1 in Sandvika

Been to Quality Hotel Expo? Share your experiences!