“Amazing view”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Villa de la Selva offers three terraces with views of the ocean. The restaurant has a casual ambience and serves contemporary and international cuisine. With twenty-five years of high quality service, the staff is experts at hosting weddings and the most romantic dinners in Ixtapa. El restaurante consta de tres terrazas con vista al mar al descubierto. El ambiente es casual y nuestra cocina es contemporanea e internacional. Veinte-cinco anos de servicio respaldan nuestra calidad, expertos en bodas y eventos los atardeceres mas bellos de Ixtapa disfrutando de una cena romantica.
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, service, view, and wine list too. We had the scallop appetizer, tuna, and mole fish. Would definitely return for the sunset.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This was the first time we had been to this restaurant and it was a wonderful experience. Although my allergies to certain foods limited my choices, the chef did his very best to make my evening a culinary delight. The service is wonderful. You are not rushed and given the time to savour your food and the beautiful ambiance. The sunset is extraordinary and I suggest making a reservation at a time that allows you to fully take the sunset in. The wine list is extensive and we were able to have a beautiful Alsacian wine which is a bit rare in Mexico. This added to our wonderful experience. The next time we are in Ixapa, we will certainly go back to this restaurant.

1  Thank holalisa
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Our experience at this beautiful restaurant would have been better had we made our reservation for a little bit earlier. Situated right on the ocean, with the sound of crashing waves below...the wait staff was very attentive and helpful.
We ordered appetizers, drinks, entrees, and desserts!
This is a prime spot for romance, (although I was traveling with my best friend). The only complaint I have is that the entree that I picked (a shrimp and pasta dish) had WAY too much garlic in it. Despite that, I ate it all anyway!!!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We made reservations early and noted that we were celebrating a special anniversary. And celebrate we did. Perfect table along the rail. Great wine list - not too big and not too small - just right. Just about anyone could find something they'd enjoy on the menu. Food tasted great. Raul - our waiter - was awesome. With our limited ability to speak Spanish, he made our interaction fun and educational. And of course the view - just perfect.

If you're going there worried about what you're going to spend, this might not be the place for you. It's not cheap. Not only are you paying for great food and service, but, you're paying for an unmatched view of the sunset in the Ixtapa / Zihua area.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Villa de la Selva has a spectacular view and very good food and service. Their Caesar salad was the best I have ever had.