“Great New Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Malaguena - CLOSED

La Malaguena
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Alberta
“Great New Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

We just happened to find this great new restaurant in Ixtapa as we were walking by. People sitting at a table told us it was awesome food so we decided to give it a try. What a wonderful family that runs it and the food was truly excellent. We enjoyed visiting with the owner after our meal and discovered he also sings on Friday and Saturday evening. We will definitely be back to listen to the music and enjoy the delicious food.

• Visited February 2014
Carlos B, Owner at La Malaguena, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Jfecho,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at La Malagueña on Tripadvisor, and thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you we all appreciate very much.

My whole family were thrill to meet you and to welcome you back on Saturday night, thank you also for bringing more friends.

We will continue working hard in order to please our costumers.

I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards

Wheeling, Illinois
“Great New Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

La Malaguena is a fine addition to the Ixtapa dining scene. We highly recommend it. We have had dinner here twice and plan on going back for breakfast tomorrow morning. Carlos and his family are lovely people and very accommodating. The live music on Saturday night was a pleasant surprise. The entire family speaks fluent English.

• Visited January 2014
Carlos B, Owner at La Malaguena, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Alice H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at La Malagueña on Tripadvisor, my family and I were pleased have meet you and your husband, we thank you for having dinner twice with us and breakfast.

As for the Live music this is our new addition that we hope every one that comes to La Malagueña will enjoy it......We Have Live music every Friday and Saturday as of 6:45 pm till 8:00 PM and as of 8:30 till 10 pm.

I look forward to seeing you again next year.

Calgary
“restaurant worth a stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

This restaurant is definitely worth a stop while in Ixtapa. It doesn't have the views of some of the restaurants on the cliffs in the area but the food is delicious and the staff and owner are extremely proud of their establishment and make your dining experience first class. They are happy to answer all questions about the food and cook it using local recipes and techniques.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Carlos B, Owner at La Malaguena, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear RhonaDeIF,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at La Malagueña on Tripadvisor.
Your are correct we all are very proud of our restaurant here in Ixtapa, we look forward to receive more customers due to the reviews that we have received after three months on being in operation.

As you well said we will be more than happy to answer any question on the ingredientes and the cooking process of our food.

Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you again on you next trip to Ixtapa.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Worst meal this season!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I am so amazed this place has good reviews! We, too, tried it because at the time we arrived in December it was rated #2 in Ixtapa. We have been coming here for over 25 years and have eaten at many wonderful restaurants, but I will never go here again. Ugh! The drinks were poor; the service, slow. The waitress seemed passive-aggressive, resenting the fact that we needed our dishes cooked as we requested, i.e., medium rare, etc. The entrees themselves were OK, after we sent two out of five back; they were clearly microwaved to bring them to the level of cooking we asked for (how else do you re-heat a piece of fish that had had bites taken out it and return it in the exact same form??) but then the owner stood over me, breathing down my neck as I tried to hurry and finish, so he could take the plate. No coffee or desserts for us - we were out of there! Try our favorite hang-out, Casa Morelos, perpendicular to Senor Frog's, instead: prompt and attentive service, friendly host, excellent and reasonably priced gourmet Mexican. Avoid La Mal Iguana!

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LnorPabs
Carlos B, Owner at La Malaguena, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Mrs LnorPabs,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at La Malagueña on Tripadvisor.

I have to say that at first I thought that the review was not correct as you said that your meal was the worst in the season, I am sorry for that as that is not what we want for our customers, however looking in to our records I realized that actually another member of your party of 5 people wrote a very similar review earlier so I guess I should expect three more.

Is very important to clarified some of your comments, I am very surprise to see that you said we used a microwave to bring them to the level of cooking, when in reality you saw us placed them back in to our grill again, furthermore we do not have a microwave at La Malagueña, and after three or more bites you requested to be packed up as a take away as you said that you and another member of your party wanted to eat it later. I guess was not that bad after all?

The waitress that you refer as passive-aggressive, was my daughter which by the way she has been recognized by all other customers as a very pleasant lady to deal with so I am very sorry that you had that perception.

And in my case I just wanted to make sure you and your party received a good service again I am sorry you have had that perception.

Any way we all know that La Malagueña is not for everyone, our hope is to please all our customers but we know is impossible, we try very hard to please you and your party and unfortunately we couldn’t.

We will continue working hard to improve our service and perhaps who knows although you have said that you will never come back to La Malagueña..maybe in the future you decided to try again and maybe this time we are able to please you.

Thank you again.

Tri Cities, Washington
“Best burgers in Ixtapa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

The burgers here were vastly superior to Rubins burgers.
This family run place gave us awesome service at a great price.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Carlos B, Owner at La Malaguena, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Sharkfood,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at La Malagueña on Tripadvisor.

I appreciated very much,....we did several tests before we come up with Charly´s burger fortunately we have found that everyone that have eaten our burguers have come up with the conclusion that our burgers are the best in Town.

You can be sure that we will maintain our high quality on our food and as you well said ...this is a family bussines in where my wife daughters and myself work hard to make sure everyone have a good experience at La Malagueña.