“excellent service and food”

Los Bigotes de Zapata
Ranked #25 of 117 Restaurants in Ixtapa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ferndale, Washington
“excellent service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Been coming down for 6 years this was our first time at Los Bigotes . The taco pastor were fantastic, prices were extremely reasonable, the owners were warm and welcoming, the company who brought here was great. Give this place a try.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Nanangie

Kelowna
“Wonderful Authentic Mexican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

The restaurant was recommended by our tour company representative and he did not steer us wrong. Food was great, we had the guacamole and the enchiladas. The food was freshly made and while maybe not the cheapest or fanciest place, we loved it and visited twice.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank KelownaRussells
Renton, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Chiles Rellenos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

During our visit to Zihuatenejo I was on a mission to find the perfect Chiles Rellenos. We searched for an entire week. Towards the end of our vacation we decided to take a taxi over to Ixtapa and lo and behold we found it!! Los Bigotes de Zapata!! .The consistency, flavor and presentation was superb. You must try it with beef and cheese. I was told it is an old family recipe and I wish I had it to take back home with me. I also recommend The pork tacos, and enchiladas verde. Friendly atmosphere, clean, and a good value.

I highly recommend and will definitely go back.
Respectfully yours
Food critic from Washington post

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Andrea B
Mukilteo, Washington
“Wonderful service and the people are so very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

If you are looking for Mexican food this is the best in town... We especially like the hand made tortilla's...They will only bring three at a time as they do not want them to get cold before you eat them. Celia in the afternoon and Lupita in the morning have been there for many years and are excellent at what they do. Tacos pastuer and tacos chuleta are two of my favorites

• Visited December 2013
Houston, Texas
“Not going back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had lunch here a couple of days ago. After asking if the fish tacos were made with mahi and being told they were, I ordered them. I spat out the first bite and sent them back. Smelly fish that was most likely sailfish. They did remake with mahi and they were better, but nothing great. I thought the corn tortillas were thick and mealy. My wife had the chicken enchiladas and was similarly unimpressed. The pico was tired looking and not chopped finely and the chips totopos had been in the humidity too long and had morphed from crispy to chewy.

• Visited September 2013