“Nice place, casual dining, good value” 4 of 5 stars

The Blue Shrimp
Ranked #15 of 105 Restaurants in Ixtapa
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Nice place, casual dining, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Been to this restaurant three different times now and have yet to be disappointed. My suggestion, don't go to a Mexican seafood restaurant and order the Oriental Rice dish. Order what the restaurant is known for, seafood.

Retired AF Wisc guy
“Good grief, not again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I was at the Blue Shrimp a year ago and wrote a very negative review and said I would not be back. Well, as a part of a group of 10 people visiting Ixtapa, I got dragged back. In fairness to the Blue Shrimp, my friends said they thought the seafood was excellent. I ordered a dish called Oriental something, with seafood in it. What I got was a mountain of rice that Sir Edmund Hillary would have had trouble climbing. It was topped by two shrimp and two half-shell clams (or oysters, I don't know), with a few pieces of unidentifiable seafood buried in the rice mass. With no help from my friends (or stray dogs) I was able to polish off about one fifth of the rice mountain. Other than filling me up, there isn't one positive thing to say about this meal. Our waiter was even the same surly fellow I remembered from my last visit. I should have let my friends eat there, while I looked for a McDonald's Happy Meal.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Poropointer
Trail, Canada
“Great Shrimp Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Had the Flambé Shrimp and my wife had Garlic Shrimp, she said it was the best shrimp dinner she ever had!! Good service, would definitely recommend.

• Visited April 2014
Nanaimo, Canada
“Made us feel like family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

What an amazing place! The staff treated us like family! Food was consistently wonderful! We went multiple times and sent everyone we met!

Be sure to order a Mango Margarita (make it bucket size) - WAY too good! They are filling, though, so we just ordered an appetizer and main dish to share between the two of us.

Recommend the House Flambe Shrimp prepared at your table (cooked in brandy, white wine, and cream). A treat you are sure to remember.

Oh, everyone speaks English very well. Very friendly. Clean restaurant. Fun place.

Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
“Go for the coconut shrimp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Great service, great atmosphere! We went back a second time before we went home just for the coconut shrimp! I could eat there everyday. A bit pricey, but worth every penny