Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa
Barcelo Ixtapa(Ixtapa)
$248
$186
  • Breakfast included
Las Brisas Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
$120
$59
$153
$131
  • Breakfast included
Posada Real Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
$99
$73
  • Pool
$204
$174
  • Breakfast included
Pacifica Resort Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
$116
$321
$289
$323
clubmed.us
2,748 results
All reviewssun clubbluewater grillda mariothe blue water grillcoco cafeswim up barwindows buffetitalian restaurantentertainment teambarracuda barpartial ocean viewbig benking bedsmaller resortdress codegreat vacationrecommend this resort
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Just came back from March Break at the Pacifico Dorado

This is rated a 4 star resort and Air Canada Vacations has rated it a 31/2 star. Air Canada Vacations has seriously under rated this hotel.
It is a strong 4+ star resort and the service is 5+.
The staff appear genuinely concerned about tending to the needs of the guests: whether or not this done out of fear of losing their jobs or that they really love what they do is irrelevant and they all appear pleasant; no sour faces.
Some minor hiccups: - yes the beds are hard but if you know that going in you know what to
expect
- although I never had an issue with the elevators, I know some guests
were impatient with not all elevators working : apparently the plan is to
have all the elevators serviced during the low season to minimize
disruption
- a lot of surveys about service: but I guess that's what keeps the service

at a high standard: they want to know
- I never felt obligated to tip although I did as often as I could: they seem quite appreciative of a dollar or two
- the beach is great for those who love waves: I understand that in November the water is calm so best to do some research before you travel
- the entertainment staff work hard to keep everyone busy and while there is lots to do most of the guests were over 30 yrs old so if you are travelling with kids, they will have to work a bit to find people to hang out with . Having said that, all the guests that were there, regardless of age, actively participated in the activities.
Food - enough selection to have something for everyone
I did not find it repetitive at all and each night even the buffet has as different theme.
The a la crates were very good and well served.
The 24hr room service was a nice treat especially if you have booked an excursion that departed before the breakfast hour: you can order a full American Breakfast with bacon, eggs, toast, hash potatoes coffee and juice even at 5am.

It was difficult to find anything significant to complain about.

Enjoy -you are on vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank abBradford
Sunscape Ixtapa... E, General Manager at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear abBradford ,

I would like to start by thanking you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of us on TripAdvisor. It is nice to know that you took the time to share your experience with us and the community.

It is nice to know that you enjoyed our facilities and that you felt pleased with the service that we provided,every comment that you have made will be shared with all the areas involved in order to make the necessary adjustments and make the things work better every day.

I like to read that you plan to return, so hopefully that will happen in the not too distant future and be completely sure that we will be more than happy to give you a warm welcome back with smiling faces and a cheerful attitude to this your home away from home Sunscape Dorado Pacífico Ixtapa.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I went to this resort for a wedding. We were there from March 7-14, 2014. It was amazing! The food selections were great, the food was great, and there were a lot of choices. The bartenders were amazing, especially Simon. I must say the entertainment staff is PERFECTO! Especially Charlie Brown. He was my favorite. He made the trip a blast for the entire group!! The wedding was beautiful and they set up the beach perfectly. The pictures at sunset were the best. I will definitely come back to this resort if I can. I would love to bring my entire family!!

Room Tip: I was in room 1826. The view was amazing, and we could sleep with our patio door open.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Holley1826

Dear Holley1826 ,

On behalf of Sunscape Dorado Pacífico Ixtapa staff an my own I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of us on TripAdvisor. We value your time and opinion.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time and the wedding, and also that our staff treated you very well, specially Carlos or Charlie Brown of who we are very proud of, be completely sure that I will give him your compliments.

It would be an honor to give you a warm welcome back to this your home away from home Sunscape Dorado Pacífico Ixtapa.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Hotel is one of my favorites! Nice pool and beach area and the service is awesome! my family loved to get to know Yesenia, she cooks omelets every morning and they are delicious. She helped us learn spanish words for the food. Karina made us a specialty coffee every morning with fancy coffee art. Mario was our favorite elevator man and Freddy helped us out with our bags and recommend good restaurants to try in town with our fresh caught fish. Simon and Victor made good drinks by the pool. Gabrielle was good entertainment by the pool, and Orfanel was a fun waiter and spoke spanish with us to help us learn. Jamie works up front too and became a favorite. 5 star hotel. A++++++++++

Room Tip: ask for a room above level 19 facing the sunset.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank James323
Sunscape Ixtapa... E, General Manager at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Dear James323,

On behalf of Sunscape Dorado Pacífico Ixtapa staff and my own, i would like to thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of us on TripAdvisor.

Your comments are very valuable to us, they show us the right way to continue improving our service and provide better experiences to our travelers. Be completely sure that your comments will be shared with all your new friends from Sunscape, Yesenia, Karina, Mario, Freddy, Simon, Victor, Gabriel and Jaime.

Hopefully we will have the honor to welcome you back soon at this your home away from home Sunscape Dorado Pacífico Ixtapa.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Just returned from a week there and it remains a great value. The staff as always was awesome and the hotel continues to be well maintained. The only hicup was an elevator out of service which cause some consternation with a "full house". I'm told that the elevators are being replaced in May, so that issue is being resolved.

Room Tip: Rooms start on floor 10, so ask for a higher floor for the best view. Note the hightest floors are "club" level and cost slightly more,and are worth it in my opinion.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SpokaneFlip
Sunscape Ixtapa... E, General Manager at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear SpokaneFlip ,

Thank you so much for your nice review of us on TripAdvisor. We value the time that you took to let us know your experience with us.

It is very pleasant to read that you enjoyed to the fullest our services and facilities and it is always nice to know that the work that we perform every day is very well valued by our guests when we read this kind of feedbacks.

For our staff it would be an honor to welcome you once more, to this your home away from home Sunscape Dorado Pacífico Ixtapa.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed at the Dorado during the kids spring break(March1-8)
I need to first say that the weather in Ixtapa is perfect...Sunny everyday, no clouds, dry...everything that Montreal is not in the winter.
The kids had a blast in the waterslides and the pool, and we also really enjoyed the beach: very clean, no rocks, no seaweed... The resort is small but perfectly located and the service there was excellent, especially at the breakfast buffet where Javier was our kids favorite waiter.
Yes the elevators are slow but seriously, people have to stop complaining about that! You are on vacation, so what if you have to wait a few minutes...
We went surfing with Catcha l'Ola at a nearby beach and it was a blast.
I would definitely return there which is something I have never done in the past.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank christineb1214

Dear christineb1214 ,

On behalf of Sunscape Dorado Pacífico staff and my own, I would like to thank you so much for giving us your opinion on TripAdvisor.

It is very rewarding to know that you and your family enjoyed our facilities, and that the service that we provided you was satisfactory enough to make you come back.
Please be completely sure that we will let Javier know your compliments to him, we are very proud of him.