“Best day ever of fIshing & snorkeling”

Julio's Private Tours
Ranked #7 of 10 Tours in Ixtapa
More attraction details
Owner description: Downtown Zihuatanejo is called “El Centro” and is a quaint fishing village that sits on a picturesque bay. You will find the local people very warm, friendly and helpful.Julio's Tours offers fishing, snorkeling and cruises. The panga features two cushioned benches for your comfort and is covered for shade to protect you from the sun. On board you’ll find life jackets and an ice chest for your refreshments.
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We had a great day of fishing and snorkeling with Roberto, Julio's brother, (the Jocelyn was out of the water for maintenance) in the La Gringa. Roberto was a great captain, we saw several sea turtles, dolphins and sea snakes. We caught a few fish, kept a black fin tuna and a rockfish. After fishing he took us to Manzanilla Bay to snorkel. We had never snorkeled where you had to jump off the side of the boat, it was a little intimidating but after we were in the water and started seeing fish, it was so amazing. My husband came face to face with a puffer fish. We saw several types of fish, some that were orange, yellow and black swam in all around us almost letting us touch them. After we were done Roberto took us to his mothers restaurant, Otillias. She made the most amazing tuna ceviche followed by fish tacos and by far the best margaritas in Mexico. Thanks Roberto for a fabulous day!

7  Thank Hicher

Reviewed June 14, 2010

My wife and I fished with Julio on Feb 25th 2010. I wanted to fish small game because I had no interest in Marlin or Tuna. We caught three fish, it was slower then I'd hoped but that's fishing. I'm no novice to fishing and there are good days and slow days on the water. The sun was out and the sea was fairly calm, beautiful day to be on the water. Julio and his mate made sure that my wife and I were comfortable and never thirsty. We bought sandwichs and snacks at the pier before we headed out fishing. After we were done fishing Julio brought us to his parents restaurant on Las Gatas Beach in Zihuatanejo Bay. There, they prepared our fish with all the fixings. Otilia's Restaurant on the beach is highly recommended. Fishing in the morning and sitting on the beach in the afternoon, "What more could you ask for".
Thanks Julio!!!

6  Thank ZipBuffalo_MN
Reviewed June 2, 2010

My husband and I just returned from Zihuatanejo and had a great time! One of the highlights of our trip was the fishing & snorkeling tour with Julio. You must do a tour with Julio - it was exciting, fun, and relaxing!

On the day of our tour, we met Julio & Carol at the pier around 7:45am. We brought our own towels, sunscreen and a camera and we bought some beer, water and snacks at the corner market to take with us. Julio does have a cooler with some drinks as part of the trip. We got on the Joceline (the boat) - a 4 person fishing boat (it does have a toilet) - and headed out to sea. We started fishing after just a short ride out of the bay area. Julio sets everything up for you and makes it easy and fun. We caught about 15 fish (black tuna and makarel) over about a 3 hour period. We kept a few and released the rest.

After the fishing, we headed over to Manzillo Bay, where we went snorkeling. I had never been snorkeling before this and I have a fear of being in the ocean. Julio was so great in helping me feel comfortable and relaxed about getting in the water. He kept his eye on me the whole time and promised to jump in if I needed him. We snorkeled for about 30-45 minutes and saw a lot of cool fish. I'm still a little scared - but I would absolutely do it again!

Once we got back in the boat, Julio took us to Las Gatas beach, where we enjoyed great service at Olilita's. Franco was our server and he immediately brought us some beers and appetizers (lobster taco's and guacamole - both amazing!!). We relaxed on the beach and cooled off in the clear, blue, calm water while they were cooking our tuna for lunch. We ate our fresh catch breaded and ceviche - yum! The food and drinks were delicious and inexpensive. When we were ready to leave, Julio took us back to the pier.

The whole tour lasted about 6-7 hours. We would highly recommend Julio's Tours! Very professional and a great value!

6  Thank JBischoff