“La Pampa: A stunning view with excellent foods”
Review of La Pampa

La Pampa
Ranked #34 of 119 Restaurants in Ixtapa
Cuisines: Argentinean, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have a condo in Ixtapa and we often go to eat at la Pampa. The restaurant serves Argentina cuisine and is excellent. Last night I had a steak rib eye and my husband had a rack of lamb. It was delicious. We recommend this place without any hesitation.

2  Thank CaroleMarieA

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We went for dinner last sunday night, and even though we had a good overall experience, the bill was excessive. My wife had a tuna carpaccio that was very good, and she had coconut breaded shrimp that were really good. I had a seafood soup that was good, but not great, and an aged rib eye that was passable, yet too fatty, so half of the steak was unedible since it was 100% fat, not, the edible part was very well cooked and tasty. Don't get me wrong, it is a good restaurant, but it is not worth the price tag. Maybe because it is a 7 or 8 table restaurant, but is that our fault?

1  Thank aldavid
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We were directed to this restaurant by the head concierge at Pacifica Resort. The restaurant, belonging to the Loma del Mar Resort, is small and intimate with a balcony overlooking the Pacific. The food is outstanding and the service impeccable. I ordered the salmon and it was the best I've ever been served! My husband was equally impressed with his mahi mahi. Add this to your list of "must visit" restaurants.

1  Thank KathyBJax_FL
Reviewed August 30, 2010

after reading several reviews of this place, it seemed a good choice for a rare splurge ( i live in zihuatanejo on a relatively small budget). the tiny restaurant is located very high on the hill with a beautiful view of mountains and sea, as well as the gondola next door ( which unfortunetly is for pacifica guests only). i was shocked upon opening the menu to discover that the $18 steak i had read about was 350 pesos, and the bottle of $20 wine was over 500 pesos! we blew our budget on 1 salad (110 pesos), sweetbread appetizer (120 pesos), and a glass of wine each!...the service and what little we ate was good, but i felt that i needed to set the record straight about the prices, as i went there based on what i had read on trip advisor.

1  Thank aquablues
Reviewed August 29, 2010

The restaurant is high, overlooking the pacific ocean and the Club de Golf. From the windows a great mixed panaroma of the mountains and the beach almost without moving your head.

We viewed this restaurant on trip advisor and the Loma del Mar website. The menu appeared intrigueing and reasonable so we made our decision based on that information. What we found out was completely different.

The atmosphere of the restaurant could be called neo classic or plastic gouche , not what one would expect for an Argentine restaurant. With only one other table occupied service was incredibly slow to prepare just a salad. The wine list blew my mind, a common wine which sells for 73 pesos was a whopping 550.

I've dined in restaurants in Argentina, Mexico, Spain, and in the US. This restaurant was Argentinian in name only. Even the chimmichurri was horrible, dry and pulpy, and thats a sauce difficult to screw up.