My husband and I were there in January and had a wonderful time. The staff was great, the food was great, the drinks were great, the hotel grounds were beautiful as was the ocean view from our room! We especially enjoyed having lunch (when we were on the grounds) at the pool side restaurant. The carne asada is amazing!! We went on the "adventure on the island" tour. It was so much fun!!! Our tour guide, Javier, spoke English very well, and was a great guide. Very informative. He also used some fish attractant while we were snorkeling so we were literally swimming with schools of beautiful fish. What an amazing experience for our first time snorkeling!! And the ocean, the ocean was so warm. It was a pretty rough tide in front of the hotel, literally rolling people under. Saw 4 or 5 folks with slings on their arms after the wave dislocated their shoulders. Be careful. Better to go to a different beach to swim so you don't get hurt. We went to Ixtapa Island and Playa Manzanillo to snorkel and swim and the tide was gentle-er there. Sail and Snorkel tour was also a blast! Again with the free drinks and lunch, a Spinnaker ride, we motored to Playa Manzanillo then sailed back to Zihautanejo. Golfing was fun , a little spendy, but a beautiful course. We met some locals that were a lot of fun to visit with while shopping across the street. Taxi's run about 40 pesos if you want to venture out. Didn't go sport fishing but heard it wasn't very good while we were there. Might have been because of the rough tide I mentioned before. Others we spoke with have been there many times before and said that the fishing is usually great. The local boat captains on the beach and across the street would really bug us about going fishing with them, we learned quick better to just say you don't like to fish. Other wise be prepared for at least a 20 minute sales pitch complete with pictures. The weather was amazing and be sure to pack PLENTY of sunscreen!! The entire time we were there we had everything our heart desired, it was soooo relaxing, soooo beautiful. I highly recomend getting a sunset massage on the beach- $25 bucks / hour. Money well spent!! We can't wait to go back to the Ixtapa Barcello!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelo Ixtapa***** is located in the heart of Ixtapa, right on "El Palmar" beach, one of the most attractive destinations in Mexico. It is the ideal place to go on family holidays, celebrate romantic weddings, organize successful business meetings and also to spend an unforgettable honeymoon. The Barcelo Ixtapa***** hotel offers a convenient way to enjoy your holidays and experience the Barcelo All Inclusive program. It also offers the perfect location for those guests wanting to experience excursions to other parts of Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Hotel Ixtapa
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Resort