Drive from the airport to the hotel is about 30 minutes.
Hotel is in a great location in Ixtapa. Close to shopping and other restaurants. Prices very good.
Watersports are not provided from the hotel but the cost is the best you'll find at any beach resort.
Food was very good. Nice lunch options and not all buffet. Staff was very friendly.
Rooms are OK - maybe need some updating but not enough to make an issue of it. Almost all the rooms have 2 beds in them and oceanview. A few of the group stayed in the villa's (including myself). Much larger apartment style room. No elevator's in these buildings. Even though this was an "upgrade" I would prefer to stay in the main building.
Sand on the beach is can be very warm on your feet. Bring beach sandals.
Very nice pool area.
Evening shows were very good.
Golf near the hotel. Cost about $100 once your done with everything.
Nightlife outside the hotel within walking distance. Very safe.
For a 7 night stay you are allowed to eat in either of the 2 nicer restaurants twice. Ask, if they have space they will allow you to dine extra nights.
Lots of optional tours to book once at the hotel to see the area.
Deep sea fishing available. My husband brought back the tuna he caught and the chef prepaired it for us. Be sure to tip him as a thank you gesture.
Overall the group really enjoyed the trip. We traveled Feb 22-Mar 1. There were 50 people in the group.
With the hotel being on the Pacific side of Mexico you will see a big difference of the sand and ocean compared to the Caribbean but Ixtapa has a "small town charm" to it.
Go and enjoy yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelo Ixtapa***** is located in the heart of Ixtapa, right on "El Palmar" beach, one of the most attractive destinations in Mexico. It is the ideal place to go on family holidays, celebrate romantic weddings, organize successful business meetings and also to spend an unforgettable honeymoon. The Barcelo Ixtapa***** hotel offers a convenient way to enjoy your holidays and experience the Barcelo All Inclusive program. It also offers the perfect location for those guests wanting to experience excursions to other parts of Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Hotel Ixtapa
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Resort