Just returned a week ago from staying at the Barceló. Our group booked premium club, which is what I would highly recommend. The 8 - 12 floors are the premium rooms, and have been renovated. We were on the 12th floor - which has adjoining rooms, which are a little less soundproof than the floors below. I would probably not stay on floor 12 again. Our room did not have a deck with glass panels or a table or chairs, but we were hardly ever in the room, so did not really bother us. The king size bed was very comfortable, and the bathrooms had been updated. Fridge was stocked each morning with snacks, beer, coke, water, and iced tea.
We spent most of our days laying on the lounge chairs by the beach - the palm trees provide adequate shade and we never had a problem finding enough chairs in a row to accommodate 8 of us. The pools were clean and had lots of room to accommodate everyone, however, if you are a pool person, you need to claim a chair early in the morning, as they go quickly.
The food was great in the a la carte restaurants, and Raul makes the best Spanish coffee in Don Quixote restaurant. The Caracol restaurant poolside makes a delicious clubhouse with fries, and the buffets in the hotel and pool area offer a wide variety of dishes including fish, seafood, beef, chicken, and great omelettes in the morning.
The Premium Lounge opens at 7am - 11pm, while the pool bars only open at 11am. They have Baileys and Kahlua, so a morning coffee up in the lounge was a great way to start the day - they also have a few appetizer/main dish items up there to snack on as well.
The staff was friendly and always smiling, from the managers to the housekeeping staff. A special thank you to Armondo, Neph, Raul, Kevin, Sandra, Marbylauri, Lucy, Christine, and Laura for making us feel so welcome - and to the rest of the hard working staff...
We will definitely be making a trip back to this resort in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelo Ixtapa***** is located in the heart of Ixtapa, right on "El Palmar" beach, one of the most attractive destinations in Mexico. It is the ideal place to go on family holidays, celebrate romantic weddings, organize successful business meetings and also to spend an unforgettable honeymoon. The Barcelo Ixtapa***** hotel offers a convenient way to enjoy your holidays and experience the Barcelo All Inclusive program. It also offers the perfect location for those guests wanting to experience excursions to other parts of Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Barcelo, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Hotel Ixtapa
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Resort