After staying in many Barcelo's in Mexico, we tried the Barcelo Ixtapa. Bought from another hotel chain, the layout is not typical Barcelo. Hotel is ok, drinks were fine, food was below par. Ixtapa has a long beach, but waves make it unsafe for poor swimmers like me. Some vendors on beach, but not too bothersome. Loved the trip into Zihuatanejo town and ruins up the coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelo Ixtapa***** is located in the heart of Ixtapa, right on "El Palmar" beach, one of the most attractive destinations in Mexico. It is the ideal place to go on family holidays, celebrate romantic weddings, organize successful business meetings and also to spend an unforgettable honeymoon. The Barcelo Ixtapa***** hotel offers a convenient way to enjoy your holidays and experience the Barcelo All Inclusive program. It also offers the perfect location for those guests wanting to experience excursions to other parts of Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Barcelo, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Hotel Ixtapa
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Resort