Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa
Hotel Fontan Ixtapa(Ixtapa)
Emporio Ixtapa(Ixtapa)
Barcelo Ixtapa(Ixtapa)
1,357 results
All reviewsintercontinental presidentemexican fiestasports barpool viewtowel manmary loufiesta nightcigarette buttsdirectly across the streetactivities staffblue shrimpyogurtwater aerobicsmexican foodmake reservationsbeach volleyballocean front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It was my first time in a all inclusive in mexico. It was wonderful. The hotel was very clean and the grounds were well cared for. The staff was very helpful. The concierge Jorge was very hands on he made a point of greeting people every morning. I met alot of people who had been coming to this resort for years so that alone tells me that it really is as wonderful place to vacation. If I had to say anything negative about this hotel would be maybe the food could be improved a little.

Room Tip: The best rooms in my opinion would be the one I had superior pool side
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were put up at this "all-inclusive" hotel by UA after a trying day at the airport and a cancelled flight. Knowing that I was already not in the best of moods, I put that all aside and was happy that UA was putting us up in an all-inclusive that was just a stroll from my original accomodations and looked appealing from the outside. Not so much inside. No in-room WiFi available, not even for purchase. Only WiFi available was in the lobby and that wasn't working when we got there. Once we got to the room, the toilet was leaking and the floor soaking wet. We called and they came up with towels, did some trouble shooting and couldn't find anything wrong. The room was double occupancy with 2 double beds (not queen) and very hard...not firm...hard. The food was average. The Margarita I had was so sour I couldn't drink it. We left the property to get dinner (good thing) and when we returned after a long day, just wanting to sleep, we were kept awake by a show that was so loud even the air conditioner didn't drown out the sound, and it went on until close to midnight.

Room Tip: I don't know of any
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Karen C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Karen C,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay. We are sincerely sorry if we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion especially with the condition of your room and if your dining experience was sub par. Your comments have been noted and will be addressed specifically with the appropriate departments to ensure similar incidents do not happen again in the future.

Again, we thank you for your review and our apologies for the inconvenience.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 1, 2014

The entertainment was poor. It is not a family oriented hotel. If you have ever stayed at an all inclusive before you will be dissapointed with this one. The children's club activities were planned each day but were not often followed. The adult activites repeated everyday. Not much variety. The food was ok. The rooms in the tower were old and need to be upgraded. We would not stay here again nor would we recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank bwonderingg
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear bwonderingg,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 1, 2014

The Presidente family is simply the best Zhiau/Ixtapa has to offer . From the gracious Bell Captain and his Bellatones ,the incredible Concierge Jorge and the front desk who all treat the guests with respect ,honour and grace.True warm friendly service and hospitality. No request is too much for the dedicated staff ,they really make one feel at home .
The new renovations and constant care of the grounds and pool make the Presidente the best hotel for that real Mexican feel . Situated on the largest beachfront with beautiful views and sunsets ,the beach is easy to walk and safe.
The food was top notch with a new Chef Rafael who has updated and refined the menus with great success and reviews .The room service and restaurant staff are very professional and provide 5 star service at all levels.
I would highly recommend this destination to the baby boomers,who are looking for variety and a relaxing safe holiday on the Pacific coast where the weather is beautiful and the people amazing. To my many friends at the Presidente ,Gracias for your dedication and excellent service. God willing we will definitely return to our Ixtapa home and Presidente family.

Room Tip: Superior pool/ocean view is best for us more seasoned travellers
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank william F
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was my second trip to Ixtapa (Feb 21-28, 2014), my girlfriend and friends I traveled with have been to Ixtapa a lot more times than me (7-12 times each). We stayed at the Park Royal last year and loved it, but it was too expensive this year so my group decided on the Presidente, since two of them stayed there before. We had pool view rooms that also had a great view of the ocean. The rooms were updated. The staff was just overall friendlier then what we experienced last year, and we were impressed with the staff at the other resort. I enjoyed the food; another couple said the food has gotten a lot better since a few years ago. We still went out 5/7 nights to eat, but of the two nights we stayed on resort to eat dinner the food was amazing. There was a dinner in the courtyard and one on the beach. The pool bar staff is great; you treat them well they will treat you even better. A huge thank you to Humberto, Victor, Carlos, and Thomas for their excellent service. The ladies at the lobby bar (Carmen and Maribell) also go above and beyond the expected service. If you need something the concierges will do their best to get it for you; the front desk staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. I feel bad we can’t remember the name of one of the managers/supervisors (maybe Juan) who talked with me a few times and was very informational. The activity staff kept everyone entertained. Also a big thanks to Teodore for a friendly greeting and big smile everyday as we enter and left the resort. We miss the resort and staff and look forward to seeing you all next year!

Room Tip: A pool view room is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple